It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo photos i took on 1/09/12

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Focal length... that's pretty much the thing on which the Moon's size depends in a photograph. Usually these camera phones have a very short focal length at the wide end, so it'd make perfect sense for the Moon to be that size. Just saying...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Why does the moon (if thats what it is) look so tiny in these pictures? Is it because im viewing from my phone? late queston, the moon has phases during the day?

ETA: didnt see the post above, that answers my question about the size.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 13-1-2012 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
OK I Think I see the problem we are having. The larger object IS the moon....the "UFO" is much smaller and seen here:

According to Stellarium, that is the proper moon phase and placement....so I uploaded the pic, and enhanced the photo a bit. The object marked "ufo" is more centered....and where you would expect to find if you were trying to photograph it. It is also visible in the second photo in same position, albeit more faint.

EDIT: Upon further review, and looking at Stellarium again, the "UFO" position as above is actually just Jupiter. Check the position in Stellarium, and match against the photo. They are identical...

Now, not to say the OP didn't see something....however, the photo seems to only show the Moon and Jupiter, from what I can determine.

edit on 13-1-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well then now we have this:

and for comparison this:

So we have the moon (for sure) and a white speck of who knows what?

EDIT: Upon further review, and looking at Stellarium again, the "UFO" position as above is actually just Jupiter. Check the position in Stellarium, and match against the photo. They are identical...

Awesome...beat me to it...now how does that fit in with the OP's story...seems it doesn't at this point!
edit on 13-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

The vehicle was moving during both snapshots, i already made it clear that the orb turned into the cylinder shaped object, the orb would have been stretched too no?

The OP seemed to go right along with the moon being the object that turned into a cylinder...I am calling absolute hoax on this one!

It clearly is the moon and jupiter...and since the OP was happy to go along with the moon being the "orb" and "cylinder"...then it has been proven to be the moon...and that should be the end of this story!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
the op says the moon was betwen the object and the horizon, which would make the obect in the post above most likely be the photographed object, if the object photographed is jupiter it would be fair to assume that the last part about it shooting off was made up. rubbish hoax?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Compare:

OP's photo enhanced:

Stellarium for date/time listed:

The Moon and Jupiter position are too similar to rule them out.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's a ping-pong ball filled with helium! Nice find.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
the op says the moon was betwen the object and the horizon, which would make the obect in the post above most likely be the photographed object, if the object photographed is jupiter it would be fair to assume that the last part about it shooting off was made up. rubbish hoax?

Actually i stated that the object was between the moon and the horizon

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

So are you saying the object is in none of the photos you provided?

I mean we clearly have a picture of the moon and Jupiter...so are you saying the object was between these two?

I am having a hard time following you now...which object in your photos is the ufo?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Sorry but the OP said this

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
The object was in the form of a ball at first, after about 6 seconds it pickup speed and sort of flattened out and moved forward at an angle if that makes sense. After about 18 seconds it vanished, it didnt seem to jump though, just seemed to become invisible.

THEN this

It wasnt the moon, the object was far below the moon, and the moon was much much larger

He said the object was below the moon also look at the image numbers the one that looks like the moon was

img 170740 the blurred white object was 170746 what happened to 170741-745.

To many problems with this thread wrong date given at start etc etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I was just questioning this, since in the second photo it seems that Jupiter is centered in the image. If the object was between the moon and the horizon, I would have expected the image to have shown the moon higher in the image, and more of the horizon (or in this case, the Rincons).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
reply to post by wmd_2008

I was just questioning this, since in the second photo it seems that Jupiter is centered in the image. If the object was between the moon and the horizon, I would have expected the image to have shown the moon higher in the image, and more of the horizon (or in this case, the Rincons).

The Moon was his object that looks almost certain the missing images are interesting so is his description and I cant wait to see what zorgon has to say!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm sure that most of you are terrified at the possibility of this actually bieng something, i understand your skepticism, i too am a skeptic, part of the reason why i've stayed away from ats, i can assure you that these photos are NOT of the moon, for i have seen the moon thousands of times in my life, and i could see the moon high in my peripherals as i took this. I didnt photograph the moon and jupiter, both images are of the same object in different forms. The vehicle i was in was moving at the same speed as both shots were taken, so why would the "moon" be whole in one and stretched in the other. I dont see how something so tiny in comparison to the moon could be mistaken for it, lets be serious here, nobody on the planet has never seen the moon this tiny because it never gets far enough to appear that way.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I'm sure that most of you are terrified at the possibility of this actually bieng something, i understand your skepticism, i too am a skeptic, part of the reason why i've stayed away from ats, i can assure you that these photos are NOT of the moon, for i have seen the moon thousands of times in my life, and i could see the moon high in my peripherals as i took this. I didnt photograph the moon and jupiter, both images are of the same object in different forms. The vehicle i was in was moving at the same speed as both shots were taken, so why would the "moon" be whole in one and stretched in the other. I dont see how something so tiny in comparison to the moon could be mistaken for it, lets be serious here, nobody on the planet has never seen the moon this tiny because it never gets far enough to appear that way.

Aha...so the moon is your ufo...okay thanks!

Shows over folks...clearly a hoax!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So what about the missing pictures 170741-170745

Also what is the phone model so we can get info on the camera

edit on 13-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
EXIF DATA on the first picture

Photobucket shows:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Taken with a ZTE phone
ZTE PHONES

Note the date of picture being taken:

Date Time Original = 2012-01-04 17:07:38

[Image]
Make = ZTE
Model = ZTE
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
YCbCr Positioning = centered
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 114

[Camera]
Exif Version = Version 2.2
Date Time Original = 2012-01-04 17:07:38
Date Time Digitized = 2002-12-08 12:00:00
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Focal Length = 4.3mm
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 2048
Exif Image Height = 1536

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 370
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 26221

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 512 x 384

Not much there, but it surely does look like the MOON....the 2nd picture is a result of....user erorr...meaning motion blur....it happens....it happens all the time by me

edit on January 13th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here is an image take with a Sony Erricson W810I

Bigger picture size at 1600x1200 compared to the OP's 1024x768

Looks huge doesn't it ZORGON!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Nobody here is terrified of an object being "something"....after being here for 4 years, I can assure you of that....I would not insult the intelligence and passion of those who frequent this forum
However, I can tell you that majority of people here want nothing but TRUTH. And sometimes truth comes in a form that one may not like....no matter what the topic is.

with that said, gavron is more than likely correct.....you got a good shot of the Moon and Jupiter. that can easily be found out in seconds, by having the exact location (city/zip), direction the cam was pointed, date and time.

again, the reason why one pic shows a blurred image is not because some object went from spherical to oblong but because of motion blur.

next, one can not say that nobody has seen the moon appear so small up in the sky. everyone sees the moon from a different perspective based on location.....plus dontcha know...size is relevative

so to summarize, more than likely that is the moon and jupiter. It is ok....they are amazing objects up there in the skies!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think that a little more important than the picture is the eye witness account. The OP says that he saw a moving object in the sky and he tried to snap a picture of it with his camera phone, not a professional camera nor photographer. The photo is something secondary, done in an attempt to capture the object's image.

Well done. Don't know what it is or what it could've been from the story, but it is interesting. Nice try at trying to capture an image of the object.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3headedalien
I think that a little more important than the picture is the eye witness account. The OP says that he saw a moving object in the sky and he tried to snap a picture of it with his camera phone, not a professional camera nor photographer. The photo is something secondary, done in an attempt to capture the object's image.

Well done. Don't know what it is or what it could've been from the story, but it is interesting. Nice try at trying to capture an image of the object.

witness account is never 100% reliable (there are a zillion studies on this)....in any setting....w/out something to corroborate their account....if there is no evidence, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. this is just not in UFO cases but in criminal and civil cases and everyday situations...

if the evidence does not corroborate the witness account, then the account is questioned. that is just how it is.

evidence is NEVER secondary. witness testimony is secondary.

im not saying the OP is not truthful....soley speaking to the aspect of witness testimony.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join