It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo photos i took on 1/09/12

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by three1zero

There are rules in place here against blanket trolling to protect members from comments like you keep making. This forum is under intense scrutiny to enable individuals to bring forth their stories, pictures and evidence for ET existence.

When members get slaughtered and ridiculed for what they deem to be a possible sighting, and when they put themselves on the line along with their credibility to show a picture of what they captured, it really does deserve as much respect as we can offer in support, THAT is what has made this forum one of the most interesting and fun.

Give the OP a break, let the people who may help find out other possible explanations do so without being laughed at, or treated cruelly.

I trust that the Op is sincere, if they turn out to have an actual photo of a UFO it would not surprise me, it would also be awesome if it is the moon or something like that and the Op gets that info.

I have made so many mistakes over the years in the night sky, it is part of becoming humbled by the search for ET life. It really is ok to be wrong it is not ok to taunt those who come forward because the next person with evidence may not for fear of being made a fool.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by jerryznv

No need to Police me, if you look into my posting history you will find very very very few of my thousands of posts telling anyone about the T@Cs. I find this thread very interesting and do NOT think the Op is lying or hoaxing.

I AM sick to death of the trolling in threads like this because anyone who may have answers wont post.

IMHO, it could have been the moon, or it could have been a UFO, or maybe both. I am or was TRYING to read the thread as it is by a MEMBER and not some obscure Utube video of an anonymous. That always inlists at least me reading the thread.

I feel like defending this OP, is that ok with you?

Sure it is okay with me if you defend whoever you want to.

As far as your posting history...well the three post's have in this thread all pertain to the T & C 's...which like I said is admirable...but does nothing to help define what we may be seeing in the photos.

I agree...trolling is ridiculous and none of us that are serious in finding the truth in threads like this appreciate it!

In this case though...there seems to still be a question as to whether or not this is the moon...so although it is always important to play nice...I think more importantly...we should be discussing the OP...and concentrate less on who is and is not trolling this thread! Would you agree?

I don't think there is a clear cut case to it being the moon...but there sure is a lot of evidence pointing in that direction...and less so to it being a craft, orb, etc...so do you have an opinion or thought aside from "it could have been the moon or it could have been a UFO..."?

I think most of us have already decided it could have been one of the two!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

for the photos, i would say good job for getting them first of all, and good you got some tree in there, but i KNOW how this sounds,.. like omg i have a pic of an alien but you want me to do what>? lol

if at all possible, get something else in the picture like the moon, and the rest of the tree, or a car or building to show size and give us something to compare to.

and if you cannot get it in the shot with the Ufo,

try to get us a comparison photo without it from further back .

that will give everyone the ability to look see that its indeed not the moon, and compare sizes and shapes.

thats the end of my ufo photo tutorial. ill give ya a star and flag for actually getting them on camera TWICE with your phone

good job!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

Wouldn't that have been a great shot...the moon that is supposedly right above this UFO...but no...we have this to try and decipher!

Everything so far points to this being the moon ( by most anyway)...so if it isn't then...where is the moon in regards to this photo?

I would say great job too...but the OP is taking a break from responding to this thread...so we may never know!

The trees are a good reference to the size of this (whatever it is)...and it really seems to be consistent with what the moon would look like at that location at that time...the size seems to depend on the camera!

So I guess at this point it is just a matter of what you choose to believe...moon...or UFO!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
It's clearly the Moon in both pictures.
The fact the guy has invented a story to go with it means this is nothing more than a pathetic HOAX.

Don't really seem like he's trying to pull a hoax.

Everyone's giving him a lot of skepticism and he's accepting it.

It's obviously 2 ambiguous photos, but no reason to flame the guy.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by pazcat
It's clearly the Moon in both pictures.
The fact the guy has invented a story to go with it means this is nothing more than a pathetic HOAX.

Don't really seem like he's trying to pull a hoax.

Everyone's giving him a lot of skepticism and he's accepting it.

It's obviously 2 ambiguous photos, but no reason to flame the guy.

I don't necessarily think anyone is trying to flame him...but like you said...2 ambiguous photos...with three missing from the take...there is an obvious gap there!

So why would the OP not want to share the three photos that were between these?

If they are private I can understand....supposedly though...they were taken at the same time...so where are they?

Should they not (the other three) be up for speculation too?

edit on 14-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Lets look at a few things here first of all the title ufo pics I took on 1/09/12, I showed from the exif data stored on the pictures that they were actually taken on 1/4/12, 5 days difference.
Care to comment on that!

Next OP description

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
The object was in the form of a ball at first, after about 6 seconds it pickup speed and sort of flattened out and moved forward at an angle if that makes sense. After about 18 seconds it vanished, it didnt seem to jump though, just seemed to become invisible.

Have you looked at the 2 pictures HE claimed show the object as a ball and flattened out!

next this statement

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
It wasnt the moon, the object was far below the moon, and the moon was much much larger

Again look at his pictues do YOU see anything on the pictures

He then gave a time and location and direction for the pictures the time matches the exif data on the picture.

I copied the image from the net enlarged it as best I could applied a burn filter to try and see any detail on the object surface and got this!

That looks like the Moon!

If you go to the internet look at a Moon phase calander the shape of that object MATCHES the phase of the Moon

Other memebers did the thing I was going to do next use Stellarium ( free of charge software) which can show the positon of the stars and planets for any time/location on earth also for a past and future date.

Put in the OP's time date location you get this!

One senior member on here (zorgon) made a snidy comment that the moon would appear bigger on the photo but as he knows NOTHING about photography I posted this link to show he is wrong!

So thats a basic run through of all the important points so the object looks like the moon and for the time date and location it was the correct shape and in the correct location at the correct time

You CANNOT mistake the moon when looking at it with your own eyes so I will let you draw your OWN conclusion from that.
edit on 14-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

I take from your comments about getting the moon in the shot you haven't read all the posts

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
That doesn't look like the moon to me..

Maybe the next guy that takes a picture of a ufo in the spur of the moment can call them on his cell phone first and have them land in his back yard so he can pose next to the ship and give everyone a better size reference etc...

If the guy would've just posted a story without pics everyone here would shoot him down for not having pics, he takes pics and gets shot down because they look like the moon..

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't... When you're 100% sure maybe then you have the right to criticize but the pictures posted don't lead to a 100% conclusion, sorry.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To me it looks like the moon, and just for comparison, here is a picture I took of the moon a while back with a steady hand.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't want to fuel a dying fire,

But I think we would all appreciate it, if the OP returned, and shared the missing pictures with us?

We know there are 5 other pictures, taken in the time between the 2 picture's,

As we know this beyond a shadow of a doubt, if VicDiaz89 refuses to share these "controversial" missing image's (which we can safely assume, are of the same objects), or even explains that "they were too blurry" and "you couldn't see anything", we can assert the man knows he's been rumbled,

And he's retreated,

to hoax another day

Just as a side note Vic- I believed what you originally stated, and I still don't consider you a definite fraud......... but I will if you don't share those pictures,

Regards Soapusmaximus

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpjumper

Maybe the next guy that takes a picture of a ufo in the spur of the moment can call them on his cell phone first and have them land in his back yard so he can pose next to the ship and give everyone a better size reference etc...

If the guy would've just posted a story without pics everyone here would shoot him down for not having pics, he takes pics and gets shot down because they look like the moon..

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't... When you're 100% sure maybe then you have the right to criticize but the pictures posted don't lead to a 100% conclusion, sorry.

Someone else that hasn't look at all the posts it seems!

this one gives you all the main points

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Stumpjumper

Someone else that hasn't look at all the posts it seems!

this one gives you all the main points

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good work putting that all together for those who skip to the last page and post something that has already been hashed out several times!

If you feel anything like I do...then just through your hands in the air and say "I give up" !

Some people just are not going to get it...and attempting to persuade them only leads to frustration!

Really though....good job putting that together!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

My children and I noted around the same timeframe as this photo in the Op, the moon from our deck to the south/west and even though we knew it was the moon setting that night it looked so much like a UFO it was amazing.

All I am saying is that sometimes for the untrained eye, stars, planes and yes even the moon can be easily mistaken for a UFO.

Has the Op come back to further discuss, dismiss or are they run off out of embarrassment?

OP, one night my children and I saw a UFO and got so excited, grabbed the camera and filmed it for over 20 minutes until it finally flew over us and we discovered it was a plane... Yeah, it happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

All I am saying is that sometimes for the untrained eye, stars, planes and yes even the moon can be easily mistaken for a UFO.

Sorry but as the moon is so close to us and so detailed why would or could you mistake it for a ufo

Even when the moon is out in daylight you (as in this case) can see the markings (seas) and as you have a couple of kids I would assume you have seen it in the sky for a fair number of years.

Thats whats good about digital images you can get info from them that makes it harder to try and pull a fast one on others.

With cameras now that have gps you can get location and even elevation data stored with the picture!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Ignore the trolls on here some of us believe you I do for one, and no you don't have to go out and buy a camera just to please the sceptics on here ridiculous comment made, thanks for the post and the pictures keep up the good work

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Howdy folks.

Could we please stay on topic? The issue is UFO photos, and what they may be, or may not be. Let's keep the other stuff off the pages.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Sorry but as the moon is so close to us and so detailed why would or could you mistake it for a ufo

Even when the moon is out in daylight you (as in this case) can see the markings (seas) and as you have a couple of kids I would assume you have seen it in the sky for a fair number of years.

Thats whats good about digital images you can get info from them that makes it harder to try and pull a fast one on others.

With cameras now that have gps you can get location and even elevation data stored with the picture!

the thing with mistaking the moon/planets/stars & satellites w/ UFOs is that it is impossible in this day and age of Stellarium. Google Sky (for smart phones) and satellite trackers.....the things above us are EASILY explained with a few simple clicks.....Is it a star, planet, aircraft lights, satellite or.........a UFO? Find out here!

ive said it before, i will say it again....i truly think there are people out there (in general) that truly want their seen object to be something extraterrestrial so badly that they refuse to use the tools available to go thru a process of elimination BEFORE jumping to the conclusion something is of ET origin. i just wish everyone would use the tools available first....and when none of those pan out...then there is something extraordinary to talk about...
edit on January 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join