It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
People. War is war. Things like these ARE NOT to be justified, but are supposed to happen.
No one should sit down in their confortable home and say " Shame on them ! ", because these same people, on first chance, are always ready to say something racist, and than no one says " shame on them ".

What were these soldiers supposed to do? These talibans wanted to kill them. Soldiers can't just bring them flowers. War is violent, rude and tough.
War makes people act like animals.

But these things are normal in war. This is just one example, I'm sure.

A dead body is a soul-less dead body. The talibans never knew it happened to them.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
See the way I look at this.We are suppose to be a beacon to the rest of the world. We are better than this. More importantly, did those Marines think about the blowback from this and how much more danger is posed to servicemen and women? This just makes the area that much more destablized. My question though is this is an old video. Where did it come from and who was behind it being put out? I can the government now passing SOPA after this.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
WAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!
once again the world has a silly video to talk about, meanwhile "in reality" people around the world are destroying each other by the second and it wont make the news until someone gets peed on apparently.

complaining about soldiers urinating on opposing dead soldiers? in a war ? really ? really? in a war? pee?
u do know they are trying to kill each other by any means 24/7 right? like with bullets, bombs, fire, rocks, knives cutting off freakin heads, and all the while nobody has a problem with any of it being business as usual.
but now the world calls some dudes draining the lizard on a defeated enemy the monsters of the day?
war is brutal.. a little p is the least of its horrors

by the way "mr. taliban news rep", being decapitated alive on video seems a bit worse than being urinated on after death on video.. where you coming from? bizarro world?

summary of the video:
they are all soldiers and war is hell, dog eat dog, men are evil, and so on.. normal human behavior

as long as there is war, people will be peed on.

for all you know those dead guys could have been into being peed on and that would make the whole argument void in the first place.

ha ha, ho ho,

now you know,

G.I. Joe

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
im in no way going to say that this is ok. and i didnt watch the video...but when you are shot at by someone, or they killed people you were with...theres a feeling like no other when you come out ok and you are looking the so called 'bad guys' in the face. its a feeling of victory(because you lived), its a feeling of # you(because they tried to kill you). alot of people wont understand these feelings but hey, its real and its there.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012
I bet all the soldiers involved in this incident coincidentally have this logo on their good-old-boy pick-um-up trucks:

I've seen people have this same picture except the kid is pissing on a cross so hey, 2 can play that game. Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
All is fair in love and war...until someone gets pissed on.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I think your mistaken if you think we are better than them... We are foreign invaders who took off after 2 country's we laid blame on for 9/11 and neither one happened to be housing the man we were looking for (hint he was in Pakistan) and hes been dead a while and yet we are still there.... they killed innocent people and we do the same most the civilians we kill are "accidental" while they intend on killing our civilians slight difference, unless you ask the Pakistan government when we shot up their soldiers in a drone attack for 30 minutes.

we rape, pillage, torture, kill and maim just like every other military in the world. Do we try to stop this from happening not really unless somehow the word gets out (here's looking at you Guantanamo bay) War is evil, it brings out the worst in entire populations if war was fun it wouldn't be war. Are their good soldiers who don't do horrible things? yes, Are their bad soldiers who do bad things? yes. But calling these marines names and comparing them to the lowest form of scum over a little urine is just foolishness far worse things have happened on the battlefield.

Television was the worst thing to ever happen to war, not because it took the war out of the battlefield and into your living room where every armchair cowboy could get a sick rise out of it, but because now everyone has to see what has been going on for centuries and some people cant handle the basic animal instincts that come out of a supposedly rational man who has been pushed past the threshold his mind can handle.

A couple of posters have pointed out the whole purpose of training to to break your mind so they can rebuild it in they way it needs to be to survive war. Loose all emotions except your will to survive your enemy is a nameless faceless animal who intends to kill you and all your family. That is exactly what the training is for otherwise a person could actually freeze when they come under fire or may not be able to pull the trigger while aimed at the guy who is aimed at him.

Was it an immature act sure i can see that, but if someone urinating on a dead enemy really upsets people this much its no wonder the government did not show us the pictures or release the video of bin laden's death it could have caused instant heart attacks

And as for the poster who said the beheading were just propaganda work and its no excuse for this behavior
news.blogs.cnn.com...
this happened less than 2 weeks ago

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by kamatty

Wow...

Pot meet kettle. How many videos have been sent to Al jazeera and other media outlets showing innocent people being killed / decapitated / blown up by the Taliban / Al Queida. Even if we remove the Al Queida link they still do that crap.

While our troops royally screwed up and should be held accountible, being we should take the highroad, the Taliban shouldnt be the ones lecturing us on video / bad acts.

Well said! You deserve those stars!
We spoke of this at work yesterday (Army).

War is dehumanizing in general. It is a nasty, disgusting business. We are fighting an enemy who lacks honour, who lacks dignity. But we should remember (always remember) that regardless of the baseness of our opponent, it does us no good to sink to their disgusting level.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It doesn't bother me that these guys pissed on some enemy corpses. It bothers me that they were dumb enough to film it. Whomever it was that posted it, not to mentioned ID'd the unit, should get kicked in the junk repeatedly.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Imagine being the wife of one of these men, waiting for so long for your loving husband to come home, and all you get is an empty shell like this.

This creates terrorists. Not freedom.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
well to all those crazy people that said on the thread about this yesterday things like "good job marines" and the such, you are an embarrassment to the core and your country, almost as much as the soldiers doing this act of cowardice. I am amazed at you.

Not only that, these actions have put men and women over there now at risk.

Stupid morons.
edit on 13-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

If you think thats sick, be lucky I didnt join.

Id be chopping off Iraqi's heads and put it on a stick. You are all way to soft here.

Every poster here always sides with the enemies. Iran....'oh they arent an enemy. They are just trying to live peacefully in the middle east' - if you believe that, I dont know what to tell you.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
You occupy a country, kill their people, torture them, rape their women, slaughter their babies - then these people get angry and kick the bodies of a dead soldier or whatever - and then YOU continue doing the same (killing, raping, URINATING on the dead) - and NOW you try to somehow put both sides on the same level with "war is hell" and crap like that?

They do that anyways, to their own people. War or no war. The fact that the Taliban condemned this video is hilarious. Here they are, violating their own people daily because they don't adhere to the strict religious views they have, turn around and say "bad America".

Yeah, these soldiers borked up something bad here. But taking a leak on some dead murderers compared to what the Taliban does everyday pales in comparison.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Don't bother explaining it to a bunch of right wing hippies. Those feelings are something only a few people on ATS will be able to understand.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Did they also denounce SUICIDE BOMBINGS?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There's a lot of things they forgot to denounce.
Like executing children, burying/burning people alive, chopping bodies into pieces, beheading, cutting off noses/ears, forcing women into prostitution and then stoning them for adultery, trafficking women for 'short term marriages,' selling young boys into prostitution, #ing animals (mostly donkeys), using retards women and children as human shields or bombs, all while drugged out on hash or opium. God forbid they get a little pee on them. These Marines must be total psychopaths. Whaaat were they thinking?!
edit on 13-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by SGTSECRET

right wing hippies.

That is loltastic.

Secondly, this trend I'm seeing lately where people who display empathy and decency are automatically branded a liberal is just dumb.

I would only expect this type of behavior from communists who don't value human life at all.

This is why I like Ron Paul. He's a real conservative, not a phony one with trashy twisted morals.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

That's nice

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

God forbid they get a little pee on them.

Good people don't desecrate the dead friend. Those men have clearly lost their way, and in no way do they represent the honorable and decent folk in the armed forces.

Just goes to show the state of our society today. Alot of people don't have empathy or morals anymore, and there's just no excuse good enough to justify such a twisted act of malice. NO it's not ok to ruin America's reputation, and NO you may not continue to desecrate the dead.

We need to bring the troops home and end this madness. Then we have to start figuring out where we went wrong as a society and fix it immediately.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
reply to post by apodictic

God forbid they get a little pee on them.

Good people don't desecrate the dead friend. Those men have clearly lost their way, and in no way do they represent the honorable and decent folk in the armed forces.

Just goes to show the state of our society today. Alot of people don't have empathy or morals anymore, and there's just no excuse good enough to justify such a twisted act of malice. NO it's not ok to ruin America's reputation, and NO you may not continue to desecrate the dead.

We need to bring the troops home and end this madness. Then we have to start figuring out where we went wrong as a society and fix it immediately.

Their actions aren't due to society, they're due to war. Your response is due to society. You have all the comforts you could ever ask for. I'm assuming you don't know the feeling of combat. This is out of the social 'norm' so that's why they're getting so much #.

If anything's wrong with society it's that it's too soft and blind to reality. I'm not promoting what they did, but I understand what they were feeling. I'd say 'try to relate' but you can't. Don't think for a second these people wouldn't chop your head off and then have lunch right after doing it.

There isn't anything honorable or decent about war.
edit on 13-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join