It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Wait a minute.... The taliban has a spokesmen? I thought they were a terrorist group.... and they have a spokesmen for Roughters? WTF! truly a generation of yuppies!!!!!

As far as what the marine did, shame on him. He is a member of USMC a group who is suppose to be honorable!

Respect use to be a tennate of the Corps what happened?

But it also show that we as a nation lost OUR morals and that we've been in war too long! I wish manners and honor would return to our world, as well as common sense.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

But it also show that we as a nation lost OUR morals and that we've been in war too long! I wish manners and honor would return to our world, as well as common sense.

Common sense is a misnomer...it's not common at all!

I am with you though...we as a nation have lost our morals...and it is getting worse by the day.

It is my opinion that simpler times are on the way...the world is going to war and we all are going to live like cavemen if we live at all!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by synnergy

I'll agree with that. What happens in war should stay between the people who understand it. It just causes controversy otherwise.

Since they found humor in this, you have to ask the question WHY they would find humor in this specific act. I believe subconsciously it's a way of marking territory. We just rationalize our behavior in a conscious way. Most of how we interact as humans has primal undertones. We like to think we're so far off from animals, but in reality we aren't. We think we're "civilized" but the only difference between us and them, really, is we're able to be aware of our conscious thoughts.

crapspew

this is not the behavior of a warrior
it is the behavior of a soldier
and i predict we'll be soon seeing a video of soldiers "humping" a dead enemy
just like it's done in the video games
and creatures like you defending it

What happens in war should stay between the people who understand it. It just causes controversy otherwise.

lol cover it up, typical, "non combatants don't understand" whinging

you're the one that doesn't understand, your lack of empathy, and of others has already certified you
meanwhile the mainstream psychologist gives you a free pass, of course.

i note you're based in okinawa
better keep it zipped boy

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Just think, all these heroes will be coming home soon, to a police dept near you.

I have no more words.

yes we have a LEO here defending this

makes you wonder...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by jerryznv

I sure as # see that now. I can't believe they just come right out and say "they're not the enemy" instead of letting it slowly fade into the background where people forget about it.

All these lost lives so the government can cash in on opium and oil. #ing shame, man.

WTF!!!!

no never mind...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

Respect use to be a tennate of the Corps what happened?

military codes of conduct are only for when they are among civilians
[yeah, i know, but you get the point, and don't get me started]
not on the battlefield

as war runs best on Evil

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
At last, a thread about this subject that has not yet been closed down by the mods. It feels like ATS is trying to brush this whole story under the carpet, wonder what's going on behind the scenes of ATS? The thread closures have been blamed on violation of t+c's yet I didn't see any and nobody else did.

Anyhow, it seems this urinating business by marines isn't that new, check this out from 5 years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ek Bharatiya

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
We have no idea what the story of this picture is. Perhaps this is the body of a sniper who'd hit a few Americans before they finally got him, or some other circumstance which puts the act into context. It still isn't something we want to see back home, but War is Hell and I understand that term comes with great meaning.

Perhaps judging men in a war zone from our comfy office chairs here in America isn't the most realistic thing....

I think peeing on a dead person's face is wrong, no matter what you are behind.

Also I disagree with the rest of your post. Hugh Thompson, Jr. is an example of a true soldier who saw more than his fair share of combat in Vietnam - his helicopter came under fire, and he lost his aircraft several times, but when he came across US armed forces killing unarmed citizens and mutilating their bodies in My Lai Massacre, he intervened, threatening to shoot the soldiers if they stopped the civilians being evacuated. This is what a true soldier is like.

Well, I'd like to buy the man a beer. The My Lai massacre and a dozen or more like it that were never investigated were, OUTRIGHT, war crimes. There is no other way to see it..and I agree....although I think prosecution at My Lai stopped several runs too low on the ladder to the top.

Where is the comparison though?? You're talking about the deliberate murder of civilians and the thread here is about some soldiers (thought to be U.S. Marines) relieving themselves to show disrespect or more to the enemy they already killed. I don't think the enemy cared much at THIS point, so lets not over-react and compare anything to the mistreatment of living people.

I'm happy that some come back from war and never saw a bad thing. I've never been myself, I wouldn't know either way by personal experience. What I've read and heard from the male line of my family suggests the bad things happen pretty predictably though. They just aren't talked about and sure aren't played up for political points.

It used to be, as I gather, a side of things people accepted but didn't share and everyone kinda knew happened, but were polite enough not to ask about. Isn't 24/hr news and glory hound soldiers great? Ugh..
edit on 12-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

www.bbc.co.uk

Afghanistan's Taliban has condemned a video that appears to show US Marines urinating on dead Taliban fighters.

A spokesman told the BBC: "It is not a human action, it's a wild action that is too shameful for us to talk about."

But Reuters quoted a Taliban spokesman as saying the video would not derail attempts at peace talks to end the war.

The US military is investigating the authenticity of the video and the Marine Corps said the actions were not consistent with its core values.

The footage shows four men in military fatigues appearing to urinate on three apparently lifeless
(visit the link for the full news article)

Are we talking about the same Taliban who drag our soldier bodies down streets and then hang the bodies form bridges for all to see? I did not see the outrage then...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

While our troops royally screwed up and should be held accountible, being we should take the highroad, the Taliban shouldnt be the ones lecturing us on video / bad acts.

No doubt! Oh, the hypocrisy!

Don't get me wrong...I think the video is disgusting and completely horrific. However, it's no more horrific than the things I've seen from their side in videos. I don't understand how human beings can do these things to each other....any of it.....beheadings, peeing on corpses, torture, or ANY of it. It's a good indication just how desensitized war and violence has made humanity that some individuals can commit these acts without blinking an eye.

While committing these atrocities against their fellow man, does an individual ever imagine how he would feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Nice find!! Of course this isn't new, for centuries dead enemies have been denied last rites and their bodies have been cut up or otherwise disrespected.
en.wikipedia.org...
lcweb2.loc.gov...

these are a few i came up with pretty quick it does not make it right but it has been present in war for centuries and actually it is against military policy to take trophy shots or "trophies" off a dead enemy since 1942 so i imagine these Marines will be handled properly.

The posters in this forum have really watched our tempers while still expressing our opposing viewpoints. So i would hope the mods would leave the thread alone we have not done anything wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, I denounce videos of Americans getting their head cut off and then seeing these a-holes celebrating it.
edit on 12-1-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Regardless if the Taliban are the "bad guys" they are still human beings.

that is one irrefutable fact.

If you can treat another human like this then you have no business being alive it is disgusting what our country/military has come to.

and do not give that OH PTSD S%$T there is no excuse for this

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
.....to the victors go the spoils.simple as that.
the liberals will not so quickly condemn the next beheaded western soldier

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't see how people are still shocked to see their "home grown" troops doing unspeakable things. All troops on all sides of war do the exact same thing to each other. Goes back to the Rape and Pillaging days if not further....

If you think urinating is the limit of NATO forces atrocities....I suggest at least watching Winter Solider.
www.imdb.com...

edit on 12-1-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The Taliban?
You mean the sick muslim savages who cut people heads off on video and broadcast it to the world?

Im sure the bodies that the marines urinated on killed one of their platoon members. So ya if someone killed my friend I would urinate on him also if i got my revenge...

edit on 12-1-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
The Taliban?
You mean the sick muslim savages who cut people heads off on video and broadcast it to the world?

Im sure the bodies that the marines urinated on killed one of their platoon members. So ya if someone killed my friend I would urinate on him also if i got my revenge...

if your post wasnt so idiotic it might warrent more of a reply. thank god your still way to young to enlist.
edit on 12-1-2012 by kamatty because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
The Taliban?

I mean both! I'm tired of all this political BS to make our troops look bad. War is war and unspeakable things happen during war time, but the media only wants to show the things that American soldiers do. What about everything else that all these savage Muslim are doing, not only to our troops but to their own people? Show that for once and let the people see what these animals do and then they can make their judgements. Americans didn't ask to be taken from their families to fight a war, they were invited by these sick muslim savages through their various acts of terrorism. Yet the mainstream media makes Americans out to be the bad guy. Makes me wonder who is running the mainstream media these days.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by B1ayneO

Seriously? Our college kids haze each other worse than this! Its URINE and its urine on a person who shot at our children,husbands, fathers and mothers. get over it our troops would have been treated FAR FAR worse than this or have you forgot what they do? let me refresh your memory

abcnews.go.com...
www.nytimes.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.worthynews.com...
www.voanews.com...
www.military.com...
www.rttnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...:s0:a16:g4:r1:c0.000000:b26616806:z6

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.vivelecanada.ca...

is that enough links or should i keep going? Urine seems to be the weakest of all the stories i have seen.
edit on 1/12/2012 by Immune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So which was worse...Killing them or pissing on them??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join