It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Damn straight! Instead of pissin' all over the corpse in desecration, they ought to have desecrated them by cutting their heads off and mounting them on a bridge post, like the REAL men in the Taliban do!

Isn't desecration desecration? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is same old #, noting different, except these marines were dumb enough t let someone do a video.
The one where they whack off the guys weenier and put it in his mouth is much worse, these people are not human, several levels below. Your future Masters.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well its official. All of Lame Stream Media is saturated with Marine pizz. Yet another distraction away from the "MAN behind the curtain". Put your selves in there boots for a day. Your on patrole doing your job when the Humvee in front of you hits an IED................A flash of light, ear splitting explosian, then another one. You collect your self for a second and dismount. You run to the aid of your fallen friends but there not there anymore. After a brief investagation and patrol of the area you are assigned the job of collecting the Bloody scraps that were once your friends, identifying them by the tattoos on the pieces you pick up or maybe the wedding ring still on a hand or finger.........................................I can tell you that NEVER go's away......You later find out that those responsable for the setting of the IEDs on the road you were on have been killed nearby in a exchange of small arms fire. You go to the area wanting to see if justice has been served up properly. Not quite one last thing to do for the familys and friends of those who are being sent home in bags. Its high emotions people. Is any of it right................NO..Could they have done something else.................Yes. But they didnt and it is what it is. War is hell.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
This is same old #, noting different, except these marines were dumb enough t let someone do a video.
The one where they whack off the guys weenier and put it in his mouth is much worse, these people are not human, several levels below. Your future Masters.

That's nothing new. The muslims did the same thing in Algeria, and took photos. The VC did the same in Vietnam. It's been done the world over, throughout the ages.

Humans are not human. Your future Masters.

edit on 2012/1/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have a question. If the Taliban are not true Muslims because they are extremists Then why worry about Offending a bunch a thugs. Unless were Saying The Taliban are True Muslims and they are all terrorists. is that what you guys are saying?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

Because they don't 'get' the extremist part. Most in this thread are a bunch of hippies worried about 'war crimes' (I LOL at the contradiction every time) where you're allowed to put a bullet through someone's face but pissing on them is obviously the worst thing in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It amazes me how most people react to corpses being PEED on, but not the fact that they are KILLED and scattered on the ground... And it amazes me how people expect soldiers that are trained to kill, to act like gentlemen and in an ethical manner. Logic died a very very long time ago

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Who cares what the Taliban say? here's what rep West says on the issue:

I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

one of many sources

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
And the video (over 18 only)

Wow, love the way they can edit out the image of the penis and urine, but not three dead souls on the floor.. regardless of how they spent their lives..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am not saying that what happened in the video is something, I would agree with but as I read through this thread I am more alarmed at the lack of thought from some of the replies. Yes this is a war but it is an unconventional war against fighters from all over the world that don’t wear a uniform of a country.

Who dragged the burned and mutilated (I won’t even say how) bodies of US contractors through the streets and then strung them up on a bridge on international TV. Then they cut the head off of Nick Berg who had nothing to do with the conflict, where was you outrage then, did you lose sleep over that? Or is it just me? Maybe I don’t understand what the high road is... Maybe that’s why I would rather go for... “The road less traveled”.

War is ugly and offensive by its very nature! These things happen during every conflict, so until this world has no wars, and no need for men who are willing to go out fight in these wars. Maybe those who can should just be grateful that this was not happening in their backyard. If it was what would you do? Run to your computer and start typing...

The better question is what have you done in the past six months? Have you done anything that matters, truly matters in your City, neighborhood, your home? Have you even done anything that would impact someone, anyone in a positive way that will outlast you?

Wars are fought over resources or ideologies and sometimes both. Whichever side of the fence you find yourself today? When people are willing to or have sacrificed it all so you can continue to have the things you want, how you want them. You the outraged should... Get busy liven! Because until you do, these posts are just words that are no more meaningful than the air it took you to get them past your lips.

Former Recon Marine

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration'

Really? Well, the U.S. denounces people's heads being chopped off and dead bodies being dragged through the streets. Cry me a river over a little pee.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i dont blame the soldiers at all. the men they were standing over undoubtedly killed their friends and tried to kill them. its war. and last time i checked those taliban guys fight dirty. IEDs and ambushes. they have done much worse to our fallen soldiers. ITS WAR. there is nothing clean, nice or pretty about it. The only problem i have with it is that some one was stupid enough to be recording it, and then to let it leak out.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyanidee
The sad part is I've seen much worse. Has anyone seen the video of marines blowing up a dog on the street in afghanistan or Iraq (can't remember where it was)?

Unless you've actually been in a war, you are in no position to judge these men and their actions. Killing someone is also nasty, but unless you've witnessed a friend get killed or seriously wounded in battle, you may not understand the anger these men felt. War is hell!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Google this "12-YEAR OLD TALIBAN BOY'S FIRST BEHEADING" all you bleeding heart libs who think this pee video is so graphic and disturbing....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Pretty disgusting, but I don't think the Taliban are in any position to be taking a high ground when it comes to morals. this is why our forces need to behave as civilised humans, we are meant to be the good guys. We can't be in a position where the taliban can take such a stance.

Anyway can someone remind me why we are still in Afghanistan? Surely not just to offend the occupied.
edit on 12-1-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I agree that the Taliban are one of the sickest organizations on the planet, but remember that America is constantly cheerleading its own "morality", and we keep seeing evidence of how false that morality is.

As an outsider, it's truly maniacal. America is constantly preaching to the rest of the world, while remaining ignorant to most of it too. They make statements about freedom and liberty, jumping up and down and patting themselves on the back, all the while they're assassinating people with drones, abusing prisoners, torturing people, spying on their own citizens, hiding the truth about their own abuses in battle...

It's the hypocrisy that infuriates me more than anything else.

One thing to consider is that with all the little dirty secrets that are leaked, of which there have been many, how many other sickening abuses are they hiding from you?

With every instance like this, they are giving terrorist organizations more reason to fight, and giving the general public like me more to be sickened, ashamed and suspicious about.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Originally posted by cyanidee
The sad part is I've seen much worse. Has anyone seen the video of marines blowing up a dog on the street in afghanistan or Iraq (can't remember where it was)?

War is hell!

Indeed it is. Don't join the military if you think it's a walk through a green field picking flowers with your bro.

Psychology aside, there is NO EXCUSE for murder, and that is why there are international laws in place. But having said that, we all know that America doesn't like to adhere to international law - while demanding that the rest of the world does.

People choose to join the military, and they choose to take part in an illegal war and continue to fire on people even when it is proven that the war they are fighting was based on lies.
Suggesting that being shot at and loosing a friend somehow justifies a complete breakdown in morality and Humanity is not acceptable, but perhaps shows why this kind of sickening act is acceptable to some.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Who cares what the Taliban say? here's what rep West says on the issue:

I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

one of many sources

So America can no longer suggest that they are more righteous and moral or Humane than any other people. If you say "they did this, so we can do that" it leaves you on their level, you're no longer any more just in your actions than the guys hanging Blackwater contractors up (contractors who have been implicated in how many abuses of Human rights?)

That's really something to be proud about huh? Spreading democracy and freedom around the world, while comparing yourselves to some of the most violent and disgusting organizations in the region!

Well done for that facepalm.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Imagine what there going to do if they ever get their hands on an american body..

...even a live one!

They already do.

The Taliban are still holding Bowe Bergdahl. He has been held by the Taliban for about 2 years now. He was captured in Afghanistan when he left the base without a weapon / body armor.

American held by Taliban

WHOA WHOA AND WHOA Bergdahl is a POS who abandoned his post and fellow soldiers. He disobeyed the UCMJ cuz he wanted his little fantasy to go "Survivor man" in Afghanistan.

Do I want him dead or not returned to his family of course not but Bergdahl is a selfish POS who is is paying FOR HIS ACTIONS.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join