It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Their actions aren't due to society, they're due to war. Your response is due to society.

We had our jabs and whatever I am not trying to bash you, but that is their society. Live with it, it may not be ours here in the states, but that is theirs and that's just the way it is... Just like they don't have drive bys over there and we do. Their way of a drive by is probably blowing themselves up if you want to call it that... Different ways of life and we are in no position to say otherwise...
edit on 13-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
reply to post by apodictic

God forbid they get a little pee on them.

Good people don't desecrate the dead friend. Those men have clearly lost their way, and in no way do they represent the honorable and decent folk in the armed forces.

Just goes to show the state of our society today. Alot of people don't have empathy or morals anymore, and there's just no excuse good enough to justify such a twisted act of malice. NO it's not ok to ruin America's reputation, and NO you may not continue to desecrate the dead.

We need to bring the troops home and end this madness. Then we have to start figuring out where we went wrong as a society and fix it immediately.

Their actions aren't due to society, they're due to war. Your response is due to society. You have all the comforts you could ever ask for. I'm assuming you don't know the feeling of combat. This is out of the social 'norm' so that's why they're getting so much #.

If anything's wrong with society it's that it's too soft and blind to reality. I'm not promoting what they did, but I understand what were feeling. I'd say 'try to relate' but you can't.
edit on 13-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Stop with your awful excuses justifying this evil. 99.99% of HONORABLE members of the forces don't piss on the dead. You fight, you kill the enemy, and you move on. You don't stop to take a piss on them, film it while LAUGHING AND JOKING, then post it on Youtube.

Consequence of war?

BULL.

Only an enemy of America would go out of their way to tarnish her reputation like that, and endanger other members in Afghanistan. This is precisely why troops need to be brought home.
edit on 13-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Well yeah but I mean civilian society. That's why it's out of the norm.
Thanks for being civilized. Not trying to argue with everyone anymore. I can't change people's views.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

You're right, it's bull, you totally understand psychological trauma and different coping mechanisms used to mask it such as morbid humor for example. You wouldn't even know about this if it wasn't on film. Just like you don't know a million other things that go on in war.

Go preach to someone who cares.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

You're right, it's bull, you totally understand psychological trauma and different coping mechanisms used to mask it such as morbid humor for example. You wouldn't even know about this if it wasn't on film. Just like you don't know a million other things that go on in war.

Go preach to someone who cares.

I know you don't care, that's too bad. I will never back down on this issue as long as I still breathe. You are just plain wrong and the Pentagon top brass agrees with me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Good to see there is still some sanity left in this world.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

Good to see there is still some sanity left in this world.

Thank the good Lord for that.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Why the # do I care about the Pentagon top brass? They're pencil pushers who get their jollies by ruining lives of kids by sending them to war.

I'm done replying lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by kamatty

Wow...

Pot meet kettle. How many videos have been sent to Al jazeera and other media outlets showing innocent people being killed / decapitated / blown up by the Taliban / Al Queida. Even if we remove the Al Queida link they still do that crap.

While our troops royally screwed up and should be held accountible, being we should take the highroad, the Taliban shouldnt be the ones lecturing us on video / bad acts.

Cosign/End Thread

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Why the # do I care about the Pentagon top brass? They're pencil pushers who get their jollies by ruining lives of kids by sending them to war.

I'm done replying lol.

They are following orders from the President and congress, not their fault.

Want to blame someone for sending our kids off to proxy wars for Israel and Saudi Arabia? Blame the damn politicians. People need to hold elected officials accountable for their actions.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by kamatty

Wow...

Pot meet kettle. How many videos have been sent to Al jazeera and other media outlets showing innocent people being killed / decapitated / blown up by the Taliban / Al Queida. Even if we remove the Al Queida link they still do that crap.

While our troops royally screwed up and should be held accountible, being we should take the highroad, the Taliban shouldnt be the ones lecturing us on video / bad acts.

Cosign/End Thread

No. We're supposed to be the good guys. That's the point.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The Taliban yesterday also denounced (ableit belatedly) that in August 2001 Christina Rocca, the then Central Asian Affairs rep, issued a threat to its "ambassador" after their refusal to accept the Trans Afghanistan pipeline deal offered:

"Accept our offer of a carpet of gold, or we bury you under a carpet of bombs."

Bush promptly informed Pakistan and India that the US would launch a military mission against Afghanistan before the end of October.

Why does'nt anyone go after her...and leave these poor shell shocked bastards alone. Wont they suffer enough with the post traumatic stress that they'll suffer, untreated, for years.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Believe me, those guys lives are now over.
Just try living a normal life, or getting a job with something like that on your record.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Sadly, in America, I don't think they'll have as problem as theres plenty of racist bigots who want to 'get' the muslims, Iranians and (insert so called axis of evil of choice here).

The video is sickening

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'd say that things like that are common in wars. Soldiers under a lot of pressure, after all, they're risking their lives and beating and humiliating the enemy is some sort of stress relief for them. Having to face death every day can do weird things with your mind.
Second: It's common in wars to try and demoralize the enemy by doing things like this. I'm sure that those things, torturing POWs are common and were common in every war. With the difference that it's only now, thanks to the Internet that things like this are made news.

I don't think it's OK, i think it's sick but it's part of this stupid little thing called war.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Immune

I didn't say we were better then them. I said better better than this...
Meaning pissing on dead bodies.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by wardk28

post removed by staff

I didnt undertand your racist nonsensical rant, but I could make out the bit at the bottom that says AMERICA IS THE GREAT!!!

america is the great what?

Its intresting to see the difference in opinions heres, its clear those who have morals & those who dont. everyone against it has been genuinely shocked by what they see and put forward there thoughts in clear well worded posts, and the few that think that this is acceptable have spouted out nothing but iner-hate directed outwards.
edit on Fri Jan 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
know what's worse than urinating on dead taliban terrorists ?

when i saw arab/americans dancing in the street on 9/11. in new york !

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levelsquare
know what's worse than urinating on dead taliban terrorists ?

when i saw arab/americans dancing in the street on 9/11. in new york !

And again, does this in your head make it right? 9/11 was terrible, dancing in the street in joy (I assume is what your saying) is terrible, urinating on the body of dead person, filming it and sharing with the world is terrible. all terrible things, and not one of them makes the other one right. there all WRONG! there is no justification. if you can justify it, your morals are out of check with humanity

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join