It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Those people have millions of dollars and high tech labs....

For the other 99%,

no.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by jimkter
For all of you saying his jeans are modern, do u not realize that levis has been selling the same models jean for over a hundred years, and in that time there have been many different washes and fades bestowed upon them, get real. They sold them in 1900 and still do today, same cut.

It appears you joined ATS today and all your posts are in this thread supporting the proposition that this video is real.

Just curious, but what gives? Do you know the guy's name? If he was well-known enough to be interviewed in 1980, then there has to be something, anything, other than this video on him.

I just think its an interesting video, and find it funny people keep pointing at silly things. i.e. the jeans (see my previous post) and also I have a clock hanging on a wall in my house right now and guess what! the battery has been dead for a few months, just havent changed it yet so it has been stuck for sometime.
edit on 10-1-2012 by jimkter because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

"looks like videos from that era" what... lol. First off I disagree but even if it did "look like a 80s video" anyone could easily accomplish that. Go to your grandma's house, put on some dated clothes and do up your hair and shoot it then even any half decent video editing programs can add a bit of grainyness or other effects to videos to make them "look" like they're from any era to the naked eye. Or you know, you can still buy old cameras... it's not like they've all vanished, people still collect/buy/sell old cameras.

Hell my basic video editor can easily edit a video to make it black and white and grainy/distorted as hell.... does that make it from the 1920s because it "looks like it"? Obviously not.
edit on 10-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

link   
This does not feel like an early eighties clip at all. It's certainly recent.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sounds pretty legit to me! Everything he said was going to happen has already happened, if not in its final stages or happening. As far as the 2012 contact.. that sounds EXACTLY like a newish projectcamelot video by a man named Anthony Sanchez. Check out the video if you want a lil more info on what is supposed to happen at the end of this year. By the way a lot of people have come fourth and have made the exact claims this man has made right here on this video. They are similar in more then a few ways. I guess its time to see. We as humans have been on this earth, and have waited long enough.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

He claimed to be in California and had to leave the country.

We do not know who is interviewing him, as nobody speaks as far as I noticed.

Furthermore, as far as I can see, European standards are lower for tv quality pictures.

In addition, if this is in the 80s, why does the furniture literally look like it's from the 80s. IE, aged.

link   
Here is a BBC broadcast from 1980. Certainly looks like as good as the video in question, if not better.

www.youtube.com...

Just to show that it can be from1980.

link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I dont think left or right brained has anything to do with this theory about body language.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

At the time European t.v (PAL) was better than no. america or anywhere NTSC was the standard. HD has changed that though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Do you ever look before you post?
This was posted well before yours in the same forum.
Aliens Predicted to Visit Earth in 2012

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

This is so funny. You guys talk like 1980 was not part of the modern era. I had a computer in the 80's. We had car phones. ( not cell phones but certainly mobile) I used a blow dryer and I had cable tv. Gosh, it wasnt the stone ages people.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Alex Collier predicted 9/11 in the 1990s...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
it looks like it was filmed recently, it seems very faux eighties, I say hoax

second line :-)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DjKillaVinyl

He was wrong about all electric cars by 2000 - 2005. Which may be a clue, why include that in the video? So if it is real he can say he was off by a few years or maybe a decade, IF we even do go all electric because future cars may run on saline solution \ sea water and seaweed or maybe even E-cat.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

We had video cameras in the 80's. To tape to VHS tapes. Could have been 8mm but more likely was straight to cassett.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

PAL is better than NTSC but if this was done in France, they would have used SECAM as that was the video standard there (As always the French always need to go their own way
)
I don't know if SECAM is comparable to PAL in picture quality or as crappy as NTSC.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If you think it's a hoax state your opinion and don't come back.
reply to post by napayshni57

These forum are open and discussion works both ways. If you believe it to be a hoax, surely you should be given the same opportunity as the people who believe it to be an actuality to discuss why you think it so? Either way they are opinions based on lack of evidence. You cannot have a real discussion without taking on board both the pros and cons unless you want to somehow sway the outcome by means of bias.
That's just my opinion, of course.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.sciencephoto.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

i was just curious if any of you experts now when this photo was taken? very high res. an a damn good looking pic.

well the pic gives the age away, and imo this pic is older than the video and the picture looks way better and has 530 resolution. so saying that is impossible in the 80's is way wrong. i believe this is an older video. but i am not willing to go out on a limb and say the man is correct concerning 2012.

on the contrary i believe he is wrong about 2012. but i guess time will tell.

good find op
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

i would also like to say, from the comments i have seen in this thread. i doubt very many of you where even past the age of 10 or even alive in the 80's. we are not talking the 1800's here people. we are talking about when cd's came out, thx, computers went mainstream and many other things that you use in everyday life came into exitance in the 80's. cell phones?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: to add

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

WOW...what he said at 1:40 was interesting, to say the least.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Malcher because: wrong timecode

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Power_Semi

I dont think left or right brained has anything to do with this theory about body language.

I never said anything about right or left brained, I said right or left handed, and it has everything to do with NLP.

Anyway, I've emailed [email protected] to ask them if it's part of their competition, and to point out that while it might seem like a marketing coup to pull off an Orson Welles MKII, it could create a lot of adverse publicity, especially since it's upsetting so many people (such as those here) who cannot think rationally, cannot read, will not see what is right under their noses, only see what they want to see, only believe what they want to believe, and who rather than deny ignorance, actively participate in embracing it.

Hopefully they'll acknowledge that it is from one of their entrants, then this whole stupid thread can be consigned to the trash can.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join