It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darknull

They had planes in the 1980's. They flew from the US to Europe all the time. Every day I hear. LOL. He may have been visiting family when he was on that show. Just because he says he lived in Cali does not mean he could not travel to France. Does not make him a liar. Makes this video very interesting.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ok, if we all conclude this is hoaxed, then:

who made the video? surely this is pretty incriminating stuff, when it comes to misinformation distribution

we should find out

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
when the guy talks about the alien encounter he is telling the truth. the microexpressions on his face and body tell the story. he is definitely not comfortable with what he saw and he really didnt want to talk about it. i gathered two reasons...one because it frightened him and the other was he didnt really want to believe that humanity would end. when he spoke about not being able to see beyond 2012 i believed him because there have been others ive read who have said the samething at other times.

project looking glass couldnt see what happens in 2012...they called it a speed bump.

there was also mention i think by remote viewers that said they couldnt see for a short time in 2012 - 2013.

clif at halfpasthuman.com speaks about the same problem in his linquistics program. he also narrowed the time period down to mar 2-9 that something happens.

nothing conclusive of course... its all weak circumstantial hints or wild guesses but it caught my attention because so many different sources spoke of the same event from different perspectives.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by RUSSO

The resolution is too high for the time period.

It is a fake.

Fake or not, he is being interviewed by a French TV crew since he is speaking French. You cannot compare US or North American scan resolution to European. Ours is 525 scan lines (or used to be). European and GB is 625 or more. If the video is real it was taped to European standards on one inch beta equipment. Then reformatted to a DVD. Thats when the subtitles were added. If its a fake, its a darn good one.
edit on 10-1-2012 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

The issues he brings up are larger than what would effect his loved ones. He is delivering a message for the planet not just america and not just for americans. He is speaking about the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Human Alien

I'm with Human. Seems like a work of wonder, as in I wonder why someone would put out an elaborate HOAX like this ?
edit on 10-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by foxyramirez

He says the reason could be his death first then adds aliens which can be taken multiple ways. people panic at stuff they dont understand and when people panic people die. As for aliens and there understanding honestly no one can say they would have a greater understanding of the effects of consciousness on the surrounding area. You have to think they didnt come from the same place or have the same materials there tech could be completely different and if there religious in anyway that could be different than ours to. Its not all spock and star treck with logic being the end all be all if humans are as irrational as we are who is to say an alien species wont be any different. look what the english and spanish did to the indians when we came to north and south America and were the same species. seriously if there are aliens out there they probably think humans as a species are narcissists.
Lol that would be great humans the narcissists of the universe

Fine we can look at the way we treated the indigenous peoples. They are still alive though arent they? We didnt wipe them out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
This is fake. He's says he moved to California "20 years ago" after making a prediction. So he moved to Cali in 1960. I would say he was no older that 30.

ALS

So you are going by looks on whether or not this is a fake?...

There are people who look much younger than they really are.

I am 39 years old yet I look like I am in my 20s, barely have any wrinkles. I have seen people in their 20s with more wrinkles, and I do smile and laugh frequently.

It could be a fake, but just his looks doens't make this a fake.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Just seems to recent to me. Can't really discredit OP for bringing it forward tho.

link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Our Presidents make their decisions on psychics.

If there were several psychics saying alienz were coming to kill us all in 2012, there wouldn't be a United Nations push to ban all small arms. We would have been building all countries up to fight to the death against what's coming.

Since Governments are instead trying to disarm the world....its a hoax.

Or world leaders have decided to get behind the ets, since they are technologically more advanced, and have decided to surrend us all to the ets, and make it easier by disarming us, and making us slaves, meanwhile the elites still hold some measure of power through the treaty made with the ets.
edit on 10-1-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but this is from the youtube comments

Not even the mere 640 lines of resolution in modern standard analog NTSC format. If this video were indeed shot in 1980 originally, it would have had only 330 lines of resolution MAX. Even the best digital remastering could not interpolate the level of resolution in this video from a source with 1/3 of the resolution of this video. No doubt about it, this video COULD NOT have been shot in 1980, PERIOD!!!

link   
reply to post by NightFlight

"I moved to California because, in fact, uh .. in my village in France, uh, I was called "The Soothsayer". I made many revelations, uh, especially one that has proven accurate.
So j'n'en say nothing here, since it is not about ...
And really I had to leave the country for 20 years and now I am settled here in California and ... j'm'y and feel good."

As he uses the word here i can only presume he is in America at the time of the interview.

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by Power_Semi

ya he would talk about his home which he briefly did in the begining but if you watch he says that he moved to america if you live in america arent you going to see things from were you are your perspective when he was living in france the moon landing would come up because it was historic to all humans.

Maybe.

Anyway, someone did well to find him on a French tv program from 1980 as well, imagine the chances of that. (i don't think it's him in the tv picture, it's just similar glasses, different hair colour and face if you take the glasses away)
edit on 10-1-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)
Its the same glasses and the face is the same too. How do you "take away" the glasses? Look at that very thin nose. That is unusual. I think it is him in both photos. Has anyone said what TV show the screen capture was from?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm calling a fake.
Doesn't seem to be any signs of other information about the video.
Aside from all the other things ATS members pointed out, parts of the script seem to purposely give wrong predictions to help avoid suspicions and make the video seem somewhat authentic and then throw in the big one like Obama as president and the 9/11 attacks ect.
Seems like another attempt at a 2012 scare.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Not even the mere 640 lines of resolution in modern standard analog NTSC format. If this video were indeed shot in 1980 originally, it would have had only 330 lines of resolution MAX. Even the best digital remastering could not interpolate the level of resolution in this video from a source with 1/3 of the resolution of this video. No doubt about it, this video COULD NOT have been shot in 1980, PERIOD!!! thermalone76 3 hours ago 19

Top rated comment on youtube.

I kind of agree without knowing the technical details.
edit on 10-1-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The French match english subtitles, thats all I can say, but i think its fake, way too good to be truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
for all it's worth, this really has the hint of being part of some viral advertising campaign for disaster/alien invasion movie.

very very frightening if it is true, though.

and i don't think the picture is faked. the actual faked one demonstrated above looks nowhere near legit in any way, the real one does.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

The original video could be digitized. I've seen Shirley Temple in color in films I know were shot in black and white.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
While I can't assert with any absolute authority that it's a hoax, there are numerous things about it that make it at best highly dubious.

• As others have pointed out, the fidelity of the video doesn't seem to match any but the highest quality masters from its alleged era in my opinion. That said, there's always the possibility that it is a very high quality master.

• The editing, to me, feels more in line with recent tendencies and styles. It doesn't feel like it's edited the way a documentary or interview filmed in 1980 would be. That's subjective to a degree though, so that's not definitive either of course in my view.

• The composition of the film seems staged to ensure a proper vantage from which to see the details of the room, particularly - as others have said - period items. Of course, if this was done for television or the like, they might have composed the shoot that way anyway, so that too isn't definitive in my opinion.

• The conclusion of the video where he becomes agitated and says "that's all" and exits the shot is very dramatic and theatrical. It is a common theatrical technique used to indicate agitation, increase drama, and convey the seriousness or fear of the moment to an audience. Could this be genuine? Possibly, but I have never seen a real person in a real scenario act that way. I've seen people become overcome emotionally and have to stop, but not get up like that in such a theatrical manner.

• His initial demeanor at the start of the video (smiling, self-deprecating, at times even laughing almost) is not consistent in my opinion with someone who has strong reason to believe that the human species will end in some 32 years, and is traumatized enough by that knowledge to get up and end an interview as he does at the conclusion of the video. Of course, if he really believes that, the mental anguish of it may have rendered his responses less natural and predictable through mental disorder or trauma.

• His clothing (wardrobe?) does not seem natural to me. While it stylistically and esthetically matches the period depending on where you were in the world, it does not look natural on him to me and looks more like it was selected from current or possibly custom made clothing to look like it's from the period in question. It's too good. It looks like he was intentionally trying to give the impression that this was filmed in 1980. Of course, I could be wrong in that impression.

• The association with the marketing competition others have pointed out renders the entire thing highly suspect in my opinion. But that could conceivably be due to the footage somehow ending up in the company's hands or the university's hands, as opposed to a direct relationship between them and the creation of the video.

• As others have pointed out, it seems extremely probable that had this footage been floating around since 1980, it would have become famous sometime after 9-11 or around the time of Obama's campaign and election. Then again, it's possible it was in private possession and not disclosed until now for unknown reasons.

So as I said, I can't assert with authority or certainty that it isn't real, but if someone held a gun to my head I would be forced to say it was a hoax. It's at best highly suspect in my opinion which renders it, barring some as yet undisclosed compelling evidence, futile as an avenue of investigation.

My two cents. Peace.
edit on 1/10/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Added another point.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

They had planes in the 1980's. They flew from the US to Europe all the time. Every day I hear. LOL. He may have been visiting family when he was on that show. Just because he says he lived in Cali does not mean he could not travel to France. Does not make him a liar. Makes this video very interesting.

He was not on that show at all. The hoaxer is pulling a double bluff. He attempts to "prove" that the "psychic" must be lying because he was in France in 1980, not California. In fact, what he is doing is trying to "prove" that the "psychic" was alive and looking like that in 1980. Get it? Doesn't it strike you as odd that this photo is the only post made by that blogger?

This whole thing has gotten ridiculous. Let's do a quick run-down:

• There is no verified source for this video.
  • It is the only video posted by the YouTube user.
  • The room is carefully arranged to display artifacts from 1980,
  • The clock is a non-functional prop.
  • A Frenchman would almost certainly not wear blue jeans with a jacket and tie in 1980.
  • The jeans are of a contemporary cut and style.
  • The hair appears to be a wig.
  • The "psychic's" delivery appears scripted.
  • If he left France in 1960, he would have used the word "negre" rather than "noir" in referring to the President.
  • There is no context for this interview.
  • The quality of the video is too good to be tape from 1980.
  • French television was still using hand held microphones in 1980
  • If this video was from 1980, it would have surfaced after the WTC event of 2001

I could go on, but it is apparent that this video belongs in the [HOAX] bin.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join