It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I honestly find this just a little too fantastic especially concerning the 2012 date. Something tells me this isn't all that old, and is a hoax. Where was this guy years ago? Why didn't we all hear about this even 10 years ago after the 9/11 attack? Certianly whom ever had this video would have probably brought it forward then showing this guy and his pearl harbour prediction. No, I'm not really convinced that this is real. The video seems too clear for the time period, and frankly his reactions are just a little bit "staged" if you ask me. I could be wrong, but someone here needs to verify the date of this interview.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here is another video from the 80s.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by RUSSO

The resolution is too high for the time period.

It is a fake.

Fake or not, he is being interviewed by a French TV crew since he is speaking French. You cannot compare US or North American scan resolution to European. Ours is 480 scan lines (or used to be). European and GB is 550 or more. If the video is real it was taped to European standards on one inch beta equipment. Then reformatted to a DVD. Thats when the subtitles were added. If its a fake, its a darn good one.

Exactly. I wonder how these people are able to tell the resolution and or scan lines of the original from a youtube clip.

I mentioned the titles earlier, but they were most likely added later on. If someone was deliberately faking a video they would have made titles to go with the time period, i would think.

Here is a U.S video from 1979, notice the bottom of the video has the same effect. I think the original in this video (OP) is analog.

www.youtube.com...

In the video above that is from a VHS copy so it is lower resolution than the broadcast original like what we may be seeing from the OP video.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

He made the prediction about man walking on the moon in 1950. 19 years prior to it happening. He never does say what he predicted that caused him to have to leave his country. (that does not make sense either, what kind of place is France anyway, they still stone witches there or something ? )

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Numino

I took a class on these eye hints, and I got the same vibes.

link   
Certainly looks, smells, and feels like a hoax.. Come on now. The youtube uploaded signs up for youtube the same day as he posted this video, and has posted no other videos and "doesn't know who the guy is", gives no source and the video has never been seen before. Give me a break, could you make it more obvious you're full of crap? That is the first flag for a typical youtube hoax.

Hoaxer just made a new account to post this stupid hoax. This seems very obviously just some idiots who shot this video recently and claim it's from 30 years ago as a hoax. Kinda like that prick on facebook who used a trick to edit his timestamps to make it look like he precisely predicted the japan earthquake and got a buncha suckers to believe him. Hate scumbags like this who pull hoaxes just for attention and exploit the gullible/paranoid folks out there.
edit on 10-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

link   

Any proof it was actually recorded 30 years ago?
reply to post by strato

There is no proof this was recorded 30 years ago.

Everything in the room looks staged including the clothes and the classes he does not look comfortable in.

The strategically placed records and box on the piano to the time appropriate tiffany lamp behind him. Notice the camera never pans around the room or back? It is only ever viewing the set, in my opinion. One expects an interview to include the name of the subject of the interview as well as the reporter interviewing the subject. Nor will the subject ever be found conveniently as his name was never forthcoming. I'm calling this one a hoax.

link   
I say let it ride. It can't be proven a hoax or real. Only time will tell if his prediction for 2012 comes true. The filming reason can't be proved by the people here.

He speaks his native tongue even though he lives in America is not enough grounds to call it fake. Apparently some of us don't know people from foriegn countries that have been over here. Have a command of the English language but still find when talking about things dear to us they feel more comfortable in their native tongue.

We don't know who interviewed him. It might of been a family member.

Maybe he didn't publish it because he doesn't want attention. Perhaps he is dead and it was found in his belongings and someone else put it out there.

As for his prediction when he was young. Think back those of you alive in that time. If you said something bad was going to happen to someone and you lived in a small town people would of thought of you as walking hand in hand with the devil. You could become an outcast in your town and even with your family.

His friends call him the psychic. He may have told them things that were going to happen in their lives and it came true. You do that enough and you get that rep.

I will say I don't know if it's fake or not. But I do believe that when a majority makes the choice without all the facts many times they are wrong.

If you think it's a hoax state your opinion and don't come back. If you don't think it's a hoax then it gives you a chance to discuss with others that agree with you.

If you believe the majority always knows best. Look at America's 2008 election.
edit on 10-1-2012 by napayshni57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Humm, have you ever seen this video from 1980?

I am not saying the psychic is for real, it could very well be a hoax, but the video does look like videos from the era.

link   
I wrote it on YT too.
I dont want to jump the bandwagon of hoax but the armchair he´s sitting on looks really used. Like 70s armchair today would look.

link   
On a personal note... I usually take stock of my life in 5 year increments ( what will I do, Where will I be employeed?). I have had the hardest time looking past this year! I tends not to be a fear mongerer but I truly believe that something is going to drasticly chage us as a species this year.
I know I'm not alone is this belief but not many people are willing to admit it, for fear of alienating themselves. I would appreciate a little back-up!

Red

Oh! So it does not appear that I am "trolling"... I think the video could be real. Just because I have experienced and witnessed psychic powers first hand. I don't know why anyone would post this video for "kicks"?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Let's maybe wait for the uploader to get home from work and answer his bombarded Youtube email inbox before tossing it in the Hoax bin so soon?

There are a lot of anomalies like the clock, jeans, resolution, audio quality, and what looks like a wig. There is no "conclusive" evidence for a definite hoax yet though. I think it's a little early to determine 100% this to be a HOAX or REAL at this time.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

If you don't think it's a hoax then it gives you a chance to discuss with others that agree with you.

Since when has the ATS motto been: "Wallow in Ignorance?"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
For all of you saying his jeans are modern, do u not realize that levis has been selling the same models jean for over a hundred years, and in that time there have been many different washes and fades bestowed upon them, get real. They sold them in 1900 and still do today, same cut.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think the box on the back that says 'Carousel" is a box for an old carousel slide projector.

I think the video is fake. Maybe someone with a lot of clothing experience can identify the vintage of the sport coast. As I remember, 4 buttons on the sleeve was a later fashion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The video is far too clean and certain things seems "placed" to reiterate that it was the 80's. I don't even think the dudes glasses are his. I smell bad acting, too.
If he was so accurate, we would have heard of him after 911. For sure.

I vote fake.
If we die this year, then you win.
But if 2013 comes to pass without incident, I want someone to eat their hat.

link   
As I pointed out on page 8, it is part of a marketing competition here: HM2012.ca

If you'd only read the thread then it wouldn't go on forever with pointless debates.

link   
Let's just hope it is a hoax.

Not funny!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimkter
For all of you saying his jeans are modern, do u not realize that levis has been selling the same models jean for over a hundred years, and in that time there have been many different washes and fades bestowed upon them, get real. They sold them in 1900 and still do today, same cut.

It appears you joined ATS today and all your posts are in this thread supporting the proposition that this video is real.

Just curious, but what gives? Do you know the guy's name? If he was well-known enough to be interviewed in 1980, then there has to be something, anything, other than this video on him.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE HAS MENTIONED THIS cause I haven't read the ENTIIIIRE thread but............ wasn't NOSTRADAMUS also from France?????

Yep he sure was. Nostradamus reincarnated? I htink he got the end wrong though. Mankind is not going to just die off at once in 2012 from a War of the Worlds attack of aliens...or solar flares... hmmm well I guess the solar flares are possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join