It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRoboto
reply to post by OleMB

YES! I was thinking the exact same thing. it seems as though it us now making a video pretending it was 1980.

I call movie coming out soon about the end of humanity via alien encounter.

this folks is about to all sorts of viral.

I agree with the parts I can understand or decipher...

But that's not much.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
the people who are calling this fake, are the ones who are scared to death
cheers

Uh NO!

I think what he said is very possible. I think the "gods" were most likely off-planet beings. And if there was a promise (or threat) to return - - 2012 is as good a year as any.

He doesn't mention weather conditions - earthquakes - or tsunamis.

Its also very very rare for a psychic to pinpoint dates. Its too perfect.

I've had premonitions. They are more like distorted pictures - like in a dream. You have to interpret them. Again - - the prediction is too perfect.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by OleMB
Is it only me getting the feeling that this was shot last week or something with a shoddy camera? The last minute or two feels like acting, can't really tell why. Besides; don't worry what will happen. Concentrate on yourself this year, let go of your fears, forgive yourself and your family, stop asking 'why me?' and start asking 'why NOT me?'. Love yourself and love others. Be at service to others, and let the plan unfold

edit on 10-1-2012 by OleMB because: (no reason given)

I love myself some good predictions and stuff like 95% of the members of this forum but, I can smell the horse load of fesces all the way from the "frenchies".

link   
Someone on youtube beat me to it but: It's Fake.

"Not even the mere 640 lines of resolution in modern standard analog NTSC format. If this video were indeed shot in 1980 originally, it would have had only 330 lines of resolution MAX. Even the best digital remastering could not interpolate the level of resolution in this video from a source with 1/3 of the resolution of this video. No doubt about it, this video COULD NOT have been shot in 1980, PERIOD!!!"

link   
Sheesh. How does a fake video get 17 pages of discussion so far!!?

It's an obvious fake.

Prediction FAIL - things will exist past 2012...a big sale on the 2012 books and videos that foretold of global destruction.

This is mildly entertaining, but a fake. I did video production in the 80's and this doesn't look authentic at all. I still have some big 3/4" video tapes that I transferred and they didn't even look near this good.

Apologies to the original poster, but this will be my last post on this thread as it doesn't warrant anymore consideration. The actor was not convincing either.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As people have said it looks to clear for footage taken those days in my opinion, I mean even big broadcasters were shooting lower quality than that and they must have a lot of money for high end equipment. Also why is the interview only 6 mins long? It is likely is has been severely shortened or its a hoax in my opinion. No one goes through all the trouble with the lighting etc just to interview a random psychic for 6mins,

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
If the video was shot in 1980, it means the guy must have been 40 when he gave the interview (he claims he was 10 when in the 50's he predicted the Man on the Moon). Well he does not look like 40 in the video but a little younger. His clothes could match the ones used in the 80's but I have to say that being the year 1980, it was like being more in the 70's than 80's and in this case his clothes and hair were not following the fashion of that period.

Behind him there's a yellow book which seems to have the title "KAROUSEL" (or CAROUSEL with a C, it's impossible to say) and under it I can read something like "OAK". I googled both words but didn't get anything. Does anybody know a yellow book like that?

If this is for real, the guy is just amazing (much better than Cayce...LOL) but I believe this to be a gigantic fake, IMHO.

Peace,

There is NO WAY this guy is 40, look at him, hes a guy in his late twenties, he doesnt have any lines on his face, and ofcourse he just happens to be a spectacle wearer, how handy would that be for a person who had reasons to obscure his face.

Hundroid

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
As anyone message the original video poster ?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

I'm with you on "why" would someone go to such great lengths for a hoax but, it could be they have nothing better to do. Let's hope so.

On your other note, many people dont feel like 2012 is going to be a bowl full of cherries. I dont know what to make of it. Frankly, it's frightening to see what's happening in the world today.

link   
time to put this in the hoax bin....20 pages and 90% say its fake

link   
Don't think it's a fake. Think the guy doing the interview made him mad towards the end. Probably wasnt taking him seriously when he said aliens are coming. Whether you want to believe it or not, change is coming.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
they are trying to force us to believe that 2012 is the end and nothing after. and what will happen after
21-12-2012 nothing it's day like another day.and the world will continue maybe before this date there will be Earthquakes - Wars - Tornados - etc... it's normal this always happen and it will happen in the futur i don't know why people give this particular date 21-12-2012 too much interest. because of Mayan Calendar will end on that date. can anyone tell me why Mayna are be able to predict our end and they wasn't be able to predict their end.?????????? I leave this question for all of you if someone has an answer?

the result of the video from 1980 fake or not mean after 2012 nothing will stay?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The other man in this video looks similar but i dont think its him

(video youtube user commented on)

www.youtube.com...

cant find out how to post it for some reason lol
edit on 10-1-2012 by jimkter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by jimkter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
As people have said it looks to clear for footage taken those days in my opinion, I mean even big broadcasters were shooting lower quality than that and they must have a lot of money for high end equipment. Also why is the interview only 6 mins long? It is likely is has been severely shortened or its a hoax in my opinion. No one goes through all the trouble with the lighting etc just to interview a random psychic for 6mins,

Does this look better or worse than that video?

1985:

www.youtube.com...

link   
Hoax, ever look at an old episode of Miami Vice? The Video is way too clear to have been recorded in 1982.Put a guy in some throwback cloths (tie is to narrow), sitting in his Grandma's den, speaking French and suddenly we see the future unfolded before our eyes. Gullible people.

link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Someone on youtube beat me to it but: It's Fake.

"Not even the mere 640 lines of resolution in modern standard analog NTSC format. If this video were indeed shot in 1980 originally, it would have had only 330 lines of resolution MAX. Even the best digital remastering could not interpolate the level of resolution in this video from a source with 1/3 of the resolution of this video. No doubt about it, this video COULD NOT have been shot in 1980, PERIOD!!!"

How about no lines of resolution.
Done in 16mm, with a Bolex, great lighting and obvious rock solid mount, this can be accomplished in 1980.
Like said before, not convinced it is not a hoax.
If it is a hoax, it will be proven using the historical background, relations to Canada and that marketing hypothesis, which I think is the best debunk so far.

There is nothing in the quality or the content of the film that can be totally dis proven, as of yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by hopeisasound

Well what are they marketing then? What is their product?

It is a marketing competition for students to get their work as much exposure as possible.

the email at the end is [email protected]

the website is hm2012.ca

The website is in French because it is from the French speaking part of canada (hence the .ca)

CA is also the area code for california where this supposed Frenchman has lived for 20 years - it is also the 20th anniversary of the marketing competition.

He talks about 2012, it is the key focus of the video and the only bit that is still in the future - the competition, and hence website is HM2012.

The interview is in French because they speak French, the story is contrived to fit around that, by trying to squeeze the 20 years in CA into the story it has screwed up the timeline of the story, etc, etc, etc

I think this deserves another post.

By the way, it seems as though all we are doing is critiquing the work for them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I know you didn't say any of the message in your post but can anyone seriously say a person in his 40s can't have zero lines on his face?

Even without cosmetic surgery, I've seen people personally that I thought were early 30s but were actually nearing 50.

Other than that, I can't say anything else about this video, could be fake, could be real.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I think that's a fine assessment and not far from the truth at all.
Good for a laugh and a beer on both ends.

Cheers Human

Trot down to the store for a 40 and a scratcher now.
edit on 10-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join