It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Mrs. Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"He takes care of the country and I take care of the kids." - AMEN!

I just watched this nice video of Mrs. Paul giving a little air-time herself. She talks about folding shirts and helping in the ways she can.

Interestingly enough, her manner of speaking reminds me of Dr. Pauls. They sound a lot alike.

Ron Paul's wife, Carol Paul, was out on the campaign trail in Manchester, N.H., Monday, where she discussed how she helps the Republican presidential candidate prepare for campaign travel.

Source

edit on 1/9/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I like the fact that she does not get led around the country acting like an arrogant trophy wife like many other candidate's wives do. I'd be willing to bet that she the master of the house though.

She reminds me of my grandmother when she was alive.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Your video has been disabled, I hope many will be able to watch this clip on you tube. For me, this is my first glimpse at her and I am impressed.. The type of woman you would walk into their home and smell cookies and hear a washing machine
Looks like someone my mom and grandma would have over for a bingo party. Hope she is ready for an insane ride when and if he wins.. I know I wouldn't want the job.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
does not get led around the country acting like an arrogant trophy wife like many other candidate's wives do.

I take offense to that.

Carol is just as much of a trophy wife
as the rest of them.

She seems like a trophy I would be proud to
show off.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It seemed to me that the ladies in the background were quite disgusted with having her interviewed. Watch their expressions. Kinda reminds of how the media does Mr. Paul.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Being proud of your wife and using her as a mouthpiece for your campaign as a trophy wife is two different things.

I like the fact that Ron Paul does not parade her around and use their relationship as a campaign tool. I hope I made myself very clear and meant no disrespect of any kind.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
She is a cute old lady, the type that would serve you up a baked apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream when she sees you pouting on the front porch.

lol.

BTW, I think Ron is very proud of his 50+ year strong relationship and marriage to his wife, it feels very genuine when he introduces his wife and family and not 'using' them for popularity like Gingrich.

Romney, Huntsman and Santorum seem to be relatively genuine about their family as well. Perry/Bachman are not.

edit on 9-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I like the fact that she does not get led around the country acting like an arrogant trophy wife like many other candidate's wives do. I'd be willing to bet that she the master of the house though.

She reminds me of my grandmother when she was alive.

She seems like a sweet enough lady...I'm not sure why Ron Paul wouldn't want her to appear with him more...I think it would soften his image. Who doesn't like an old couple???

I was just wondering about this the other day...wondering where is Mrs. Paul, I was even going to look into it today but didn't get a chance.

She may be the First Lady of the United States, I don't think it is parading her around, I think it is something most people would want to see.

Yes...I'm not a Ron Paul fan...but I call it as I see it. I honestly think she could help Ron Paul with the older voters.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure why the video is disable above. The URL at youtube still works fine. I will try to embed it here.

Edit to add: Oh, I see - CBS disabled it. Shucks

Youtube Link

edit on 1/9/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've heard Ron mention her before, but this is the first time I've seen her or heard her talk. She seems like a very likeable person.

btw... love her fish sticks

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh, now! She seems like a kindly old woman and perhaps she would make a cordial First Lady. My bad! I'm getting ahead of myself!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
My bad! I'm getting ahead of myself!

Maybe...but I like the way you think!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't think the term "trophy wife" is meant to be a compliment to any woman. A trophy has no function, it is just for show.

Originally posted by popsmayhem

does not get led around the country acting like an arrogant trophy wife like many other candidate's wives do.

I take offense to that.

Carol is just as much of a trophy wife
as the rest of them.

She seems like a trophy I would be proud to
show off.

new topics

top topics

join