It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

The link I posted is to Plato's Dialogue "Timaeus." That dialogue, and one other (Critias) are the only ancient sources for anything at all regarding Atlantis.

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I am not well researched on Annunaki - Are they the ones that reputedly came to the Nile Valley from Sumeria after an inundation - My memory is foggy but are they the ones who were reputedly survivors of Atlantis.
I read a book that showed an illustration of so called gods in a barque type boat. This was an engraving in a cave supposedly made on route to the Nile Basin.
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

The Annunaki are a group of lesser gods worshipped in Babylonia. In Sumer, they were referred to as the Annuna.

They were underworld gods.

People with no knowledge of the known facts often state that they were aliens that came to Earth. They even go as far as to claim they created humans from Neanderthal or Homo Erectus DNA.

Don't believe it.

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Howdy Exodus

Originally posted by ExodusG

Egyptians were about spiritually and their pineal glands , hence their head were so big etc.
to come to high level of pineal gland it requires hell of a time what does that mean

they were all living in harmony and just "chilling" meditating...(thats why they had such pyramids and crazy structures because they had time to think of how to do it and they had the time to do it.)
they were so chill they had nothing to do so they decided to do something. they started drawing on walls whatever came to their heads , building..

The pre-dynastic Egyptian were rather busy - as their neolithic villages show

this world is so perfectly balanced its too perfect.
humans can do nothing in order to survive but we choose to do something
because you want that car, you want that iPAD etc...therefore you have to work for it. to get money.
but money takes time to get, meanwhile you get ripped off and this life is the result.

Egyptians did nothing but they just wanted to build because they choose to do something.
what happened to them? perhaps they got so spiritually advanced they escaped this world into a different one.

They did a lot of farming and all the associated tasks, there predecessors were also rather busy too as the archaeological record show. Spiritually advanced? They are still there in the Nile Valley.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Ancient Egypt is like the most mysterious civilization I've ever come across. What race/ethnicity were the Ancient Egyptians ? What was their language like ?

They left a LOT of writings. Check under the top pinned threads and you will find links to things on how to read hieroglyphs along with translations of their works and many other free sources.

WARNING: there is a LOT that's been written and a LOT that's been translated. Most "alternative" websites are put up by people too lazy to read more than a few pages.

Some people say they were black, some people say nubian, some people say modern egyptians are descendants of ancient egyptians, some say arabs, some say coptic, some say white?

?????????????? They're not black, they're definitely not arab, they definitely didn't look like modern egyptians, and they definitely couldn't have been arabs, and coptics in my oppinion just look kinda like arabs, and they obviously couldn't have been white. what were they ? where they a race/ethnicity of their own ? that has now disappered due to the mixing of many different groups/races/ethnicities?

No, they're still there an they look just like they did.

Here's where science and anatomy comes in -- we have lots of mummies and human remains. In forensic anthropology (I taught human anatomy) there are ways of determining age, race, sex, diet, and other things. Having seen the bones (and having seen LOTS of other human bones), it's pretty clear to anyone who studies these things closely that the ancient Egyptians look like the modern ones.

Also, is there any way of knowing what the Ancient Egyptian language sounded like for example ?

Not really, but they approximate the sounds from Coptic, which is the oldest/closest language. It changed over time just as English has.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ace1059
there were many races in ancient egypt.

This is true, but not in overwhelmingly large numbers. Primarily they're a Mediterranean type ("Arabic") rather than a sub-Saharan African or northern European group.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

I am not well researched on Annunaki - Are they the ones that reputedly came to the Nile Valley from Sumeria after an inundation - My memory is foggy but are they the ones who were reputedly survivors of Atlantis.
I read a book that showed an illustration of so called gods in a barque type boat. This was an engraving in a cave supposedly made on route to the Nile Basin.

The Annunaki are a group of lesser gods worshipped in Babylonia. In Sumer, they were referred to as the Annuna.

They were underworld gods.

People with no knowledge of the known facts often state that they were aliens that came to Earth. They even go as far as to claim they created humans from Neanderthal or Homo Erectus DNA.

Don't believe it.

Harte

Ha yes I had an inkling of what you say so concisely about Annuna - Lesser gods I take to be elitist as we see in our societies today with so much importance placed on bloodline by certain familys.
I have heard of course of the idea that they were aliens who altered human dna - Even today elitie ones such as Rockerfeller - his institute mess with human dna creating abominations - Rockerfeller and his like certainly are not gods but act like they believe they are.
I do not discount the idea that aliens have been upon the earth in our distant past but not as some claim.
I do not think they were mal intended but quite the opposite but I will not go there as it is my own personal belief
and not on topic. Yes - I do Not believe these Annanu are alien proably all too human but lacking.
humanity/empathy
Such antiquated ways of seeing - I could say I am a bloodline Celt descended from Talieson but what good would that serve any in understanding ought

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Just out of interest are you aware of the female Egyptologist who is now banned by Hawass. She was given permission to investigate a mummy that she came to the conclusion was Nefertiti - She was an expert of the 18th dynasty and showed compelling evidence and went on to conclude that Nefertiti had been taken down to Thebes with Tutankhamun after a military take over of Tel Al Armena orchestrated by the priesthood of Amun.?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

Just out of interest are you aware of the female Egyptologist who is now banned by Hawass. She was given permission to investigate a mummy that she came to the conclusion was Nefertiti - She was an expert of the 18th dynasty and showed compelling evidence and went on to conclude that Nefertiti had been taken down to Thebes with Tutankhamun after a military take over of Tel Al Armena orchestrated by the priesthood of Amun.?

This is Dr. Joann Fletcher

"Where's Nefertiti?", Archaeology, September 16, 2004. "Zahi Hawass, head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, subsequently banned her from working in Egypt because "Dr Fletcher has broken the rules". Hawass explained this action in an article in the newspaper Al-Ahram: "There are more than 300 foreign expeditions currently working in Egypt, and they all follow the same guidelines. We grant concessions to any scholar affiliate to a scientific or educational institution, and it has long been accepted code of ethics that any discovery made during excavations should first be reported to the SCA. By going first to the press with what might be considered a great discovery, Dr. Fletcher broke the bond made by York University with the Egyptian authorities. And by putting out in the popular media what is considered by most scholars to be an unsound theory, Dr. Fletcher has broken the rules and therefore, at least until we have reviewed the situation with her university, she must be banned from working in Egypt."

Joann Fletcher

As he is out as the head and a new guy is in her status is unknown

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yes - I do Not believe these Annanu are alien proably all too human but lacking.
humanity/empathy

Like most other gods (including our own,) the gods of Sumer were imbued with human emotions, appearances and motivations.

But they weren't real (just like our gods today.)

No Annuna was ever seen walking around Ur or Babylon, that is.

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

Byrd is, I'm sure, also aware that she violated the rules she agreed to in order to receive a permit to do that very same research, as, as was stipulated in her contract, suffered the agree-to consequences.

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes - I do Not believe these Annanu are alien proably all too human but lacking.
humanity/empathy

Like most other gods (including our own,) the gods of Sumer were imbued with human emotions, appearances and motivations.

But they weren't real (just like our gods today.)

No Annuna was ever seen walking around Ur or Babylon, that is.

Harte

Yes that is what I meant by all too human - they were humans claiming godhood or as we see in religions today priests claiming to be agents of a god of their own making

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Futhermore - In all these grand buildings and temples no god has ever appeared save the imaginings of a few who would have us believe - I have never seen Santa Claus either only some one pretending to be a manifestation of a made up story

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

Byrd is, I'm sure, also aware that she violated the rules she agreed to in order to receive a permit to do that very same research, as, as was stipulated in her contract, suffered the agree-to consequences.

Harte

Yes she did break her agreement so was banned - That's what happens I guess.
Apart from that she discovered the missing arm tucked away beneath the mummy which was reputed to have dissapeared many years prior - I think Mr Hawass was not happy about that

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You can just ask her

Dr. Joann Fletcher

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

You can just ask her

Dr. Joann Fletcher

Hey thank you so much I had forgotten her name
Have bookmarked her for later so to speak - York eh where she's form just up the road from my parents

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

but but ... the ancient egyptians own depictions of themselves look nothing like the arab majority that live in Egypt nowadays.

Personally I think the Ancient Egyptian statues/drawings look SORTA like a mix of black and white.

Alicia Keys for example, she looks like what I imagine an Ancient Egyptian female looking like.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

but but ... the ancient egyptians own depictions of themselves look nothing like the arab majority that live in Egypt nowadays.

Personally I think the Ancient Egyptian statues/drawings look SORTA like a mix of black and white.

Alicia Keys for example, she looks like what I imagine an Ancient Egyptian female looking like.

Queen Tiye was Nubian the consort of Amenothis who were parents of Akenaten
Akenaten was father of Tutankamun - Nefertiti was consort of Akenaten - Nefertiti whos name means "A beautiful woman has come" was European in appearance all were 18th Dynasty
The Egyptians depict 5 distinct races in their wall paintings

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yea but not all their depictions are of themselves. There are Ancient Egyptian paintings of arabs even, they really DO look like arabs. That's one example.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yea but not all their depictions are of themselves. There are Ancient Egyptian paintings of arabs even, they really DO look like arabs. That's one example.

Ancient Egypt was cosmopolitan much the same way as UK and USA for example ie many races who also mix

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
how do you know this ?

the ancient egyptian drawings with arabs in them is a depiction of a meeting between arabs and egyptians. let me tro to find it if i can.

i mean no doubt there were different races in ancient egypt, in a small amount, but what were the ACTUAL egyptians like. what race where the majority of the pharaohs for example? (i know there were some nubian pharaohs, but what race were the non-nubians?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join