It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ancient Egypt is like the most mysterious civilization I've ever come across. What race/ethnicity were the Ancient Egyptians ? What was their language like ?

Some people say they were black, some people say nubian, some people say modern egyptians are descendants of ancient egyptians, some say arabs, some say coptic, some say white?

?????????????? They're not black, they're definitely not arab, they definitely didn't look like modern egyptians, and they definitely couldn't have been arabs, and coptics in my oppinion just look kinda like arabs, and they obviously couldn't have been white. what were they ? where they a race/ethnicity of their own ? that has now disappered due to the mixing of many different groups/races/ethnicities?

Also, is there any way of knowing what the Ancient Egyptian language sounded like for example ?

Any input appreciated, any knowledge surrounding this would be greatly welcomed.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ancient egyptian langauge sounds like this:
www.youtube.com...

Its Afroasiatic language
en.wikipedia.org...

And egyptians didn't all be same race, there was many different skin tones. Like all great empires people moved there from surrounding countries and they took slaves from enemies too.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
there were many races in ancient egypt.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

The age old question of what 'race' were the ancient Egyptians. There has been an ongoing debate between Afrocentrists, Eurocentrists, Egyptologists and Biological Anthropologists. I've gotten into many arguments relating to the ethnicity of the ancient Egyptians. For one thing, we're talking about a civilization that lasted 3,000 years or so (not even taking into consideration Neolithic cultures before that). A civilization like ancient Egypt hasn't remained homogeneous throughout that span of time. There has been a influx of Arabs, Greeks, Romans, Persians and other Asiatics (Hyksos, etc.) entering into Lower Egypt, especially during the intermediate periods and late periods. The ancient Egyptians were definitely Africans, but one must take into consideration an Asian cultural and genetic influence.

It's fairly clear that the cultural roots of ancient Egypt lie in Africa and not in Asia. Egypt was a subtropical desert environment and its people had migrated from various ethnic groups over its history (and prehistory), thus it was something of a "melting pot," a mixture of many types of people with many skin tones, some certainly from the Sub-Saharan regions and others from more Mediterranean climes. It is impossible to categorize these people into the tidy "black" and "white" terms of today's racial distinctions.

Source - www.catchpenny.org...

I suggest you refer to this website by National Geographic, written by S.O.Y Kieta who is a Biological Anthropologist, regarding the linguistic, cultural and biological make up of ancient Egypt.

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

Also, we don't know what their language sounded like, because they didn't write vowels
edit on 1/7/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ancient Egyptians were not black. Current Egyptians are descended from their ancient ancestors. Of course there are different skin tones, just like everyone else. Just as I am from Native American lineage. There has never been a black people that have thrived, ancient Egypt thrived.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
Ancient Egyptians were not black. Current Egyptians are descended from their ancient ancestors. Of course there are different skin tones, just like everyone else. Just as I am from Native American lineage. There has never been a black people that have thrived, ancient Egypt thrived.

How can you say such a thing? 'Black people' have never thrived; are you some kind of xenophobic bigot? You obviously don't know a thing about ancient Egyptian history nor its people dating back to antiquity.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Apart from mainstream Egyptian stuff it is worth a look at a book by Freeke and Gandy which is called Hermetica - This book is a translation of Ancient Egyptian Philosophy which pre dates the corrupted religious practices - Also look up Akhenaten - He was called the Heretic Pharoah - He closed down the idol worshiping Priesthood of Amun for a time before he was dissapeared. He was the father of the famous Tutankamun who was really called Tutenaten before the currupt priests made him change his name. Nefertiti is worth a look at as she was Arkenatens favourite wife - Arkenaten believed in equality of the sexes as did has Father Amenothis and elevated her as equal ruling consort.- He also never fought any war believiing in dialouge with Egypts old ememies - He was a poet also and a lover of nature see his famous poem or song Anthem of the Sun - Yes Egypt is rich and even richer when you stray from the conventional accepted establishment history
edit on 7-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2012 by artistpoet because: spellings

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Apart from mainstream Egyptian stuff it is worth a look at a book by Freeke and Gandy which is called Hermetica - This book is a translation of Ancient Egyptian Philosophy which pre dates the corrupted religious practices -

The Hermetica is Greek, not Egyptian, and is a product of 2nd century (AD) Greek philosophy/mystery schools.

Harte

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Apart from mainstream Egyptian stuff it is worth a look at a book by Freeke and Gandy which is called Hermetica - This book is a translation of Ancient Egyptian Philosophy which pre dates the corrupted religious practices -

The Hermetica is Greek, not Egyptian, and is a product of 2nd century (AD) Greek philosophy/mystery schools.

Harte

Yes I know the Hermetica is Greek but it is an interpretation of Ancient Egyptian text by Greek scolars.
The Greeks historically went to Egypt to learn - Plato being an example

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Harte

Yes I know the Hermetica is Greek but it is an interpretation of Ancient Egyptian text by Greek scolars.

If that is your claim, you'll need to verify it with at least a scrap of Egyptian evidence.

I haven't seen any.

It was common for the Greeks to attribute deep lore and "mystery" lore to Egypt. They considered Egypt the most ancient civilization in the world.

Of course, it was, but they had no idea how old (see Plato's claim that Sais was 10,000 years old.)

Harte

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Harte

If that is your claim, you'll need to verify it with at least a scrap of Egyptian evidence.

I haven't seen any.

It was common for the Greeks to attribute deep lore and "mystery" lore to Egypt. They considered Egypt the most ancient civilization in the world.

Of course, it was, but they had no idea how old (see Plato's claim that Sais was 10,000 years old.)

Harte

I am merely going by what the authors of Hermetica -The Ancient Wisdom of the Pharoahs -state - I believe them and also believe other material I have read regarding Plato and Atlantis and Ancient Egypt but people can make their own minds up.
Also for those interested in Ancient Egypt another book I would recommend is called "The Book of the Dead" by Ramses Seeleem

edit on 9-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

So, you have decided to believe that the city of Sais was founded 9,000 years before Plato's time?

Harte

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So, you have decided to believe that the city of Sais was founded 9,000 years before Plato's time?

Harte

No how could I decide such a thing as I am not aware of what you speak - not heard of or studied Sais please illuminate

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
And what a bout the Egyptian Cone Heads?

Were did they come from: Anunaki blood lines?
www.experienceproject.com...

edit on 10-1-2012 by thetiler because: link was too long

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

Copy and past the whole thing;
www.google.com...://www.nationalufocenter.com/artman/uploads/16egyptianprincess.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nationalufocenter.com/ artman/publish/article_222.php&h=400&w=400&sz=37&tbnid=BtjhXcoFwmDu4M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&prev=/search%3Fq%3Degyptian%2Bcone%2Bheads%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3 Du&zoom=1&q=egyptian+cone+heads&docid=Pc9i9Am3Yh81kM&sa=X&ei=Xz0MT-aiNcGkiQK794DhAw&ved=0CF8Q9QEwCA&dur=405

Hi - Cone Heads thats funny - Do you mean those depicted wearing Osiris type hats similar to what popes wear today - I am crap at remembering times dates authors names etc so please forgive me - I am sort of ecleptic and read or study things that intrigue me - I am an artist by nature.
I once read a book title of which i do not recall - true not a cop out.
This book was someones account of a hidden history where they say that peoples came to the Nile Valley from Sumeria I believe - There were illustrations of these people who wore such attire - I took that to be some elitist class - there were cave engravings depicting these so called gods which pre dated what we think of as The Egytian civilisation
Sorry could not find your link pics

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

This one? Well during the Amarna period there was a aesthetic change in art. Could this be referring to the phenotypical traits of royalty in Egypt during the Amarna Period? Were limbs elongated to achieve some symbolic artistic representation, or possibly even to mimic something they saw, or were they just deformities?
edit on 1/10/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Harte

No how could I decide such a thing as I am not aware of what you speak - not heard of or studied Sais please illuminate

You posted:

I am merely going by what the authors of Hermetica -The Ancient Wisdom of the Pharoahs -state - I believe them and also believe other material I have read regarding Plato and Atlantis and Ancient Egypt but people can make their own minds up.

The following is what Plato says on the matter:

Solon marvelled at his words, and earnestly requested the priests to inform him exactly and in order about these former citizens. You are welcome to hear about them, Solon, said the priest, both for your own sake and for that of your city, and above all, for the sake of the goddess who is the common patron and parent and educator of both our cities. She founded your city a thousand years before ours, receiving from the Earth and Hephaestus the seed of your race, and afterwards she founded ours, of which the constitution is recorded in our sacred registers to be eight thousand years old.

Source: Timaeus by Plato

Sorry. It was 8,000 years before Solon, not 9,000 years before Plato.

The above states that the original Athens was founded 9,000 years before Solon's time. That caused my mixup.

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Harte

You posted:

The following is what Plato says on the matter:

Solon marvelled at his words, and earnestly requested the priests to inform him exactly and in order about these former citizens. You are welcome to hear about them, Solon, said the priest, both for your own sake and for that of your city, and above all, for the sake of the goddess who is the common patron and parent and educator of both our cities. She founded your city a thousand years before ours, receiving from the Earth and Hephaestus the seed of your race, and afterwards she founded ours, of which the constitution is recorded in our sacred registers to be eight thousand years old.

Source: Timaeus by Plato

Sorry. It was 8,000 years before Solon, not 9,000 years before Plato.

The above states that the original Athens was founded 9,000 years before Solon's time. That caused my mixup.

Harte

Thanks for taking the trouble to post what you have - All I can say is you live and learn and I am open to new information but in all honesty am stiil half in the light and half in the dark concerning what is true and what is not
Again Thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

This one? Well during the Amarna period there was a aesthetic change in art. Could this be referring to the phenotypical traits of royalty in Egypt during the Amarna Period? Were limbs elongated to achieve some symbolic artistic representation, or possibly even to mimic something they saw, or were they just deformities?
edit on 1/10/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

Yes I heard Akhenaten instructed his artists to depict things realistically
I think I saw archeological photos of real skulls the same shape as the image you posted.
I am not well researched on Annunaki - Are they the ones that reputedly came to the Nile Valley from Sumeria after an inundation - My memory is foggy but are they the ones who were reputedly survivors of Atlantis.
I read a book that showed an illustration of so called gods in a barque type boat. This was an engraving in a cave supposedly made on route to the Nile Basin.
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Egyptians were about spiritually and their pineal glands , hence their head were so big etc.
to come to high level of pineal gland it requires hell of a time
what does that mean

they were all living in harmony and just "chilling" meditating...(thats why they had such pyramids and crazy structures because they had time to think of how to do it and they had the time to do it.)
they were so chill they had nothing to do so they decided to do something. they started drawing on walls whatever came to their heads , building..

their language could perhaps not exist due to their high spirituality.
their race seems like every race mixed into one.

-out of topic
you see

this world is so perfectly balanced its too perfect.
humans can do nothing in order to survive but we choose to do something
because you want that car, you want that iPAD etc...therefore you have to work for it. to get money.
but money takes time to get, meanwhile you get ripped off and this life is the result.

Egyptians did nothing but they just wanted to build because they choose to do something.
what happened to them?
perhaps they got so spiritually advanced they escaped this world into a different one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join