It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
how do you know this ?

the ancient egyptian drawings with arabs in them is a depiction of a meeting between arabs and egyptians. let me tro to find it if i can.

i mean no doubt there were different races in ancient egypt, in a small amount, but what were the ACTUAL egyptians like. what race where the majority of the pharaohs for example? (i know there were some nubian pharaohs, but what race were the non-nubians?)

I follow you now - You are saying there was an original race of people who looked like the pic of the woman you posted - That is interesting but again She looks like she has genes of a mixed race woman though you seem to be saying you think She looks like an original inhabitant of Ancient Egypt - To be honest you may well be correct but I just dont know for sure

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Yes exactly. I'm saying there must have been a native race/ethnicity exclusive to the Egypt Area. Because the majority of drawings look like they're all the same race, with that fairly dark skintone, and sort of reminiscent of European facial features. (I mean obviously I'm not going to kid myself and believe they were Europeans)

The depiction I was referring to, where Ancient Egyptians meet Arabs, you can tell the CLEAR difference between the two "races". The arabs have light skin, and lots of beard. The Ancient Egyptians all have fairly dark skin, with no beard at all.

edit: here's actually a egyptian depiction of a european, who was apparently a body-guard of Ramses II.

And here's an Ancient Egyptian depiction of an arab

edit2: apparenly the Ancient Egyptians have been compared to Northern Indians, which makes a lot of sense. Because Northern Indians have farily dark skin, and have somewhat European features. Obviously they weren't tied to Northern Indians, just that they carry a resemblance, physically.

I think the Ancient Egyptians were probably an indigenous race of Egypt, that were reminiscent of Natives of the Americas, not necessarily when it comes ot facial features, but in that they have fair dark skintone, and as far as i can tell, no body hair, and hardly any facial hair. (i mean they even wore fake beards)
edit on 14-1-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
reply to post by Byrd

but but ... the ancient egyptians own depictions of themselves look nothing like the arab majority that live in Egypt nowadays.

Personally I think the Ancient Egyptian statues/drawings look SORTA like a mix of black and white.

Alicia Keys for example, she looks like what I imagine an Ancient Egyptian female looking like.

That's because they were NOT Arabs! The Arab invasion of 6th and 7th AD resulted in the fluctuation of an Arab population in Northern Egypt (Delta). The Ancient Egyptians were a mix of African and South West Asians, with Greeks and Romans entering during the Late Period of Dynastic Egypt.

Refer back to the two sources I posted on the first page of this thread for answers to the biological and cultural make up of ancient Egypt.
edit on 1/15/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Alicia Keys (the woman in the picture) has an Italian mother and an African American father.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

However, there WAS and still IS much biologically diversity present due to gene flow and environment.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Alicia Keys (the woman in the picture) has an Italian mother and an African American father.

Thanks for that info - Also the article about Nubia.
Queen Tiye was Nubian of course and I believe when her son Akhenaten had a new city built Tel El Armana. It was the Nubian army which protected the city

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

That's what I'm saying. I know that alicia keys is part african american. That's why i said that the ancient Egyptians look sorta like half black / half white people.

Some of Pharaohs were Nubain, but the Ancient Egyptians couldn't have been Nubian.

I mean look at this (yea i know everyon'e seen it)

that's Akhenaten's son Tutankhamun, so I mean, they can't have been Nubian. He does not look Nubian in that reconstruction.
edit on 16-1-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This was taken from Egypt Search, about the reconstruction of King Tut.

...Based on the physical characters of the skull, I concluded that this was the skull of a male older than 15 but less than 21, and likely in the 18-20 year range and of African ancestry, possibly north african. The possibly north african came mostly from the shape of the face including the narrow nose opening, that is not entirely consistent with an 'African' designation. A narrow nose is more typical of more northerly located populations because nose breadth is thought to be at least in part related to the climate in which ancestral populations lived. A narrow and tall nose is seen most frequently in Europeans. Tut's head was a bit of a conundrum, but, as you note, there is a huge range of variation in modern humans from any area, so for me the skull overall, including aspects of the face, spoke fairly strongly of his African origins - the nose was a bit unusual.As you also note, skin color today in North Africa can range from much lighter than what they chose to much darker. And we don't know how well today's range matches that of the past, although I suspect there was also a range of variation in the past, as is normal for any biological population. Michael's reconstruction did not include an inference of skin color (or eye color), the French team's did and their inference was, I understand, based on a 'average' skin tone for Egypt today. I don't know the specifics of how they did that. I think, however, it would have been as accurate to have had the same facial reconstruction with either a lighter tone or a darker tone to the skin. That said, skin and eye color will always be an inference...That said, skin and eye color will always be an inference.
reply to post by ZikhaN

Source - www.egyptsearch.com...

Again, don't base the reconstruction of a boy from ~3,000 years ago by people who have never seen him in the flesh. When doing a reconstruction, many things will not turn out perfect. Also, one Egyptian shouldn't be representative of the whole entire population spanning 3,000 years (Pre-dynastic Period - Late Period), because there was and still IS much biological diversity in ancient Egypt.
edit on 2/10/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/10/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join