It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran wants to use nuclear weapon, Harper says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
The guy is a total liar. Come on, how in gods name does he know what Iran wants and what they dont want?

How does he know?

An old bearded man who lives in the clouds and meddles in the affairs of humans told him so. Are you going to argue with this reasoning?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Well duh. That SOB was the only one in Canada supporting Israel destroying Lebanon's civilian infrastructure in 2006.

There were pro-Lebanon protests all across Canada.

Harper IS a zionist shill. If that scumbag would have been Prime minister in 2003, Canada would be in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
more like harper is being america and israels little lapdog ..

The only threats to the world are damn america and israel...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Lapdog is too nice a word for that #

He is so full of himself and I bet he has no idea he's being used.

Absolute idiocy from his mouth every time he speaks.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEcho
The majority of Canadians actually support this guy !!!! We are nothing more than Americans without the warmer climate. What kind of power does Israel have to control these goverments??? Somebody tell me please!!!

Infiltration and subversion of culture, religion and economy through: usury, control of money supply (Federal Reserve); print and broadcasting media (think Hollywood, CNN, MTV, NY Times, etc..); education (UNESCO); Lobbyist groups' control of Congress (AIPAC); propaganda machines (ADL)....ad nauseum
edit on 6-1-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I remember him speaking out publicly in support of Israel while they were dropping bombs on innocent people. I was disgusted then and even more now. I want the next 3 years to just go away. Imagine Canada at the end of Harper's majority, it will be scary.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
It is the same old plays out of the same old mind control playbook.

Iraq has Weapons of Mass Destruction, and they want to use them.

Wait, cross out Iraq, meant to say Iran.

Iran has Weapons of Mass Destruction, and they want to use them.

The really sad part of this is that most people will still buy the lie.

“Fool me once, Shame on You”

“Fool Me Twice , Shame on Me”

I hate it when people get there quotes wrong, Surley this is what you meant

edit on 6-1-2012 by idmonster because: Bad link

edit on 6-1-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by idmonster because: I will get this right.grrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Post I responded to has been edited.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Harper reminds me more of Dubya every day now...

Switch phony Texan accent to uppity Canadian accent and we almost have the same stooge.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Harper is beating the war drum and propaganda machine at the same time.

Is he banging the war drums, or is he stating the bleeding obvious and Iran is dangerous? Iran seems to be beating the war drums at every turn, as the numerous posts on these Boards attest.

Originally posted by 1nOne
Stephen Harper is clearly a Zionist shill.

Ah, the quality of some posts.

Regards

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It's times like this that I'm ashamed to be Canadian. I'm moving to Quebec LOL

Not better here my friend, we are Canadian too...and ashamed just like you.

The majority of Canadians actually support this guy !!!!

Sadly true, Canadians seem to have found some identity in Harper's plan to give Canada a Britain touch as well as transforming Canada into a warrior nation instead of a peacefull one like it always be.

edit on 6/1/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Perhaps TPTB are planning a "return ticket" for the 1953 coup.

With many frozen assets from the 70's still in the deep freeze, the money is available, at Iran's expense of course !

The old regimes started in the 600's and has been "on hold" since 1979.

The Shah's eldest son Reza Pahlavi is the Prince Regent, meaning if the Peacock Throne was ever restored he would be the one in line for it.

He has "visions" for the future....

Reza's Visions for Iran

Peacock Throne

History of Iran

Does anyone else see this possibility?

And,

Iran's amendment to it's Constitution in 2004 says they are "privatizing" 80% of their state-owned assets.

Including oil refineries !

I Wonder WHO is "owning" them when this is accomplished when the 10-year plan is finished?

The next few years will be interesting for business.

I wonder WHO "owns" whatever is already completed?

The whole political structure may need to change because of this "plan".

Maybe that's the real "hidden plan" we are not hearing much about in the West !

source from Aug 2011 (Iranian source)
Iran Plans Privatizing Oil Refineries

Iran, the world's fourth largest oil producer, is due to implement a major economic plan to privatize its oil refineries in line with its privatization scheme.

Managing-Director of the National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC) Alireza Zeiqami announced that seven of the country's nine oil refineries will be ceded to the private sector by the end of the current Iranian year (March 2012).

"National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company and its subsidiaries will become privatized. At least 11 companies and refineries will cede their shares to the private sector later this year," he stated.

Zeiqami, who is also deputy oil minister, said that domestic and foreign investors can purchase the shares of the refineries through the Privatization Organization of Iran.

Article 44 of the Iranian Constitution stipulates that the country's economic system shall be based on public, cooperative and private sectors.

All large-scale industries, mother industries, foreign trade, large mines, banking, insurance, power supply, dams and large irrigation channels, radio and television, post, telegraph and telephone, aviation, shipping, roads, rails, refineries and the like are public property and under the guidance of the government.

A 2004 amendment to the Article, however, has set in motion a ten-year plan to privatize eighty percent of Iran's state-owned assets.

If TPTB replace their current "regime" in Iran to suit a new "approved" agenda,

a new "regime" could transfer even more wealth away from the citizens.

Iran's net foreign assets are huge.

$61 Billion in 2009.

steady increases since 1998.

Iran, Islamic Rep. - net foreign assets

Definition: Net foreign assets are the sum of foreign assets held by monetary authorities and deposit money banks, less their foreign liabilities. Data are in current local currency.

Source: International Monetary Fund, International Financial Statistics and data files.

Think about Where those assets are if they're not in Iran?

And WHO really has control?

edit on Jan-06-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And WHO really has control?

China? Russia? USA?

I really don't know which is why I ask.

I always assumed China and Russia were the big players in Iran with the US having some corporate interests. I also imagined once all the sanctions were put in place that American companies could no longer operate there. But it's amazing what off shore accounts and umbrella companies can do.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As an Albertan, I really my vote for someone not PC actually counted. My riding was something like 90% PC. I have written letters to my MP, he parrots exactly what Harpo says. He says that Iran has a ton of UN human rights violations and so should not be trusted, and need to be dealt with severely. Yet when I rebut with facts about China, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and other countries we defend and trade with, the PC party says that you cannot compare those.

They have their agenda and nothing us little peons can do will change that. 3 more years...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The U.S. treasury has a good list of details going back years.

Iran Sanctions

But, Iran may have assets in london and new York investment banks.

Canada may have similar "programs" or hidden deals with Iran ?

Canada's oil compainies may benefit if Iran stops oil sales ?

China and Iran have some kind of oil barter deal too.

The central banks may not like that.

China and Iran plan oil barter

July 24, 2011 6:58 pm

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights.

Tehran and Beijing are in talks about using a barter system to exchange Iranian oil for Chinese goods and services, as US financial sanctions have blocked China from paying at least $20bn for oil imports.

The US sanctions against Iran, which make it extremely difficult to conduct dollar-denominated business, mean that China could owe the oil-rich nation as much as $30bn, according to people familiar with the problem.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights.

They said the unpaid oil bills had built up over the past two years and the governments, which are in early-stage talks, were looking at how to “offset” the debt.

Some Iranian officials are growing increasingly angry about the inability of the country’s largest oil customers to pay cash, a problem that has contributed to a shortage of hard currency and has hindered the central bank from defending the Iranian rial, which has been sharply devalued over the past month.

China and India together buy about one-third of Iran’s oil, the country’s economic lifeblood. China’s oil imports from Iran have risen 49 per cent this year, according to Reuters.

ETA: the article is blocking some content.........trying to find more sources.

2nd source: Iran And China Are Discussing An Oil Barter To Circumvent U.S. Sanctions

edit on Jan-06-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's very possible we have "hidden" deals with Iran via our Crown corporations and their affiliates. Your post reminded me about some news that came out a few days ago.

China strikes deal for Alberta Oil sands project

It looks like China knows Iran is about to get "liberated" so they're shopping around for some options. In my opinion this just proves Canadian companies do what's best for them, not for Canadians.

It certainly is a tangled web isn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
As an Albertan, I really my vote for someone not PC actually counted. My riding was something like 90% PC. I have written letters to my MP, he parrots exactly what Harpo says. He says that Iran has a ton of UN human rights violations and so should not be trusted, and need to be dealt with severely. Yet when I rebut with facts about China, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and other countries we defend and trade with, the PC party says that you cannot compare those.

They have their agenda and nothing us little peons can do will change that. 3 more years...

x2 for alberta!

I suppose I'm kind of to blame because I voted pc, but I don't think the outcome of the last election would change canada's position on this. I fully believe that no matter who the pm, Canada's offical position on Iran would be the same. And it makes sence, after all, we don't trade with Iran or have any major Iranian companies in our country, so our fearfull leader can talk trash about them all he wants. To say anything negative about China or Isreal would have a very negative impact on our economy.

We need a leader that is going to LEAD us, not just follow along with what ever Isreal or America says. But it's been this way since the dawn of our country. No real leadership, just do what the Americans say.

"Just bite the pillow Canada, we're going in dry..."

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Tangled web to say the least.

And we still don't know's been buying stock in those Iranian companies ?

That could be the shock of a lifetime !

What IF some cloaked governments are "buying in" to Iran.

Countries that no one would ever guess !!

Countries that cry wolf while dressing like a wolf at the same time

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
The guy is a total liar. Come on, how in gods name does he know what Iran wants and what they dont want? Its impossible for him to know whatthey want.

All Iran wants is to be left alone, the certainly dont want to use a nuke, how bloody ridiculas.

Let me ask you a question. How in gods name do "YOU" know what Iran wants and what they dont want.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

I personally believe we would be heading in a different direction if Harper got a minority. Usually a minority government means the other parties keep the leading party in check. Perhaps our "war" stance would be similar but the NDP And Libs would cause enough fuss that Stevie can't continue on his crusade.

Bills C 52 and C 10 would have never been passed if we had a minority gov. These bills ARE not good for Canadians and if you don't believe me look them up.

Many people believe Harper has our interests in mind which is why they gave him the majority, even PC voters are already regretting their decision.

The bills I mentioned
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join