It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed: WWIII Has Indeed Begun:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Anyone else get tired of these "My cocks bigger than everyone elses in the world, and its got super high tech vibrators!"

The US, nor any other nation, have anything more super high tech than 5-10 years down the line from general service.

If the US DID have super tech 50 years in advance, its ego alone would not be able to withstand keeping it a secret! ( I'm not bashing, I like you guys, but as a 'country' your goverment does have overblown egos!)

As for military prowess, no ones the best either, you win some you loose some, sometimes you get spanked and look a fool...big deal.

What I truely wish is that every country would just stop fighting over either oil (it's gunna run out, deal with it) or religion (all of which are complete falicies!) and just put all our damn heads together and push the human race forward!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

Well...what you propose would be nice. But there are still alot of issues in the world.

As far as what I have said about how far in advancement the U.S. Military is....that is a fact that even our enemies know...but not just how far ahead. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thats my point, if we all bashed heads, there wouldnt be any issues!

I agree they, the US, are ahead in general, but I dont think it is by much, a few years maybe.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer

I agree they, the US, are ahead in general, but I dont think it is by much, a few years maybe.

Fuser....I know a bit about this because of my sometimes job. The tech. gap is VAST. So vast that tech is even kept from the knowledge of Congress over fears of a leak. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So if all goes to # with this, then we should be safe, you'll sort out the mess with your ray guns?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
we were in iraq for the better part of ten years. if the united states military was so advanced and so powerful, then iraq would have gone down in one year. iraq is not much different than iran military wise.

-subfab

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I like how our Government (which is supposed to be the people of this nation) decide when to wage war even when the people of the United States do NOT want war. And who fights this war? The people that dont want it. Not the people in Washington. Not the President. Not the politians or congress. No. We the people are the ones that are forced to die for their bloodthirst. Sickening.

At some point you need to stop following orders. 10 years of meaningless war is enough. How many more need to die in the name of Israel?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jjf3rd77

What you have listed is conditions for a scirmish. If you think for one second that Iran, Russia and China would attempt to go toe to toe with the U.S....your crazy. The U.S. Military has weapons that are of such an advanced level that they are kept secret to even our own Military.

Even without these weapons...U.S. Military power is unrivalled in a conventional sense and if Iran were to actually do something as stupid as attempt to close sea lanes....the Fifth Fleet would blow them out of the water as well as destroy the entire Iranian Navy, Airforce and all and any coastal military installations.

The Fifth fleet could penetrate deep into Iran if needed but they would stop at what I have described. There is a very good article and vid on RT...Russian TV where a High Ranking Russian General describes the carnage that would result if Iran was to do something stupid.

There is no way either Russia or China would get involved. They are well aware of our capabilities. Split Infinity

Remind me again....who won the Vietnam war?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
we were in iraq for the better part of ten years. if the united states military was so advanced and so powerful, then iraq would have gone down in one year. iraq is not much different than iran military wise.

-subfab

You're pretty ignorant about your own facts there...Iran is not a force to be reckoned with my friend. Have you not seen what they have? Not to mentioned being completely self-sustained, Iran has MANY tactical advantages over the US.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Next you will be telling us that they have defensive capabilities to shoot down 1000 nukes.
All this fancy tech and yet they couldn't even stop a bunch of camel jockeys bringing your entire country to it's knees on 9/11.

Some American's are truly blissfully ignorant, but then tell the rest of the world something we don't already know.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Wait wait wait....you believe the 9/11 commission report?!

Give me a BREAK!

And who the hell would launch 1000 nukes?! There's a little thing called FALLOUT. Yeah, it affects the world...ya know...food...water..people...those things...

We would know they were launched long before they even got close to us anyway.
edit on 6-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Have you seen what WE have?! Yeah not a force to be reckoned with, with their 50 year old destroyers and the rest of their ships being about 30 years old.

They're a 5th rate military and none of their ground troops have even seen combat, and they're trying to say they'll give us "full force" when we've been pretty much fighting non stop since our nation was built. I don't think Iran even knows how stupid it's being. The last thing I want is a world war but if you're gonna talk like a badass, you better be able to stand up with a badass when it's time to fight.

We spend more money on our military than the next 10 countries COMBINED even WITH budget cuts. You should not voice an opinion on anything militarily unless you have experience which you very obviously do not.

I know, I know, it's tempting for you to jump on the American hate band wagon, but talking out of your ass and saying IRAN is capable of lasting against us? You seriously need to be real. I'm not being cocky, I'm being serious.

The ONLY way Iran might be able to last is if China or Russia step in and I hiiiiiighly doubt they'd be willing to do that. Right now at least.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

We took Fallujah in a month. The rest was "Nation building" and defensive strategies to set up Iraqi democracy. We were only there because we 'had' to be. Policing, lots of patrolling, and hearts and minds missions were a majority of the time spent there.

Iraqis are not hard to kill.
Of course when they learned this fact, they BECAME harder to kill because they would never stick around long enough to be killed.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What SI hasn't mentioned is, the job he was recruited for is to set up chairs for the Officer's Luncheons when they hold them at the local convention center. The "lesser of two evils" is that he could either do that or clean the bathrooms afterwards. He was recruited for this out of high school due to his remarkably consistent performance on standardized spelling tests.

His colleagues are the guys who circulate with the crab cakes. You would not believe the information that the crab cake guy is privy to.

However, he's right about the tech. I know this because my defense contact (guy at the surplus store) tells me all sorts of obviously true stories. He also said, and I'm sure SI knows this too, that Canada is actually 100 years ahead of us and has had time travel for decades. However, whenever they go back and change something, it always creates a paradox that ends with the NHL never existing, so they legislated against ever using it.

Hockey, as it were, is actually a barometer for how much hidden tech a country has. Remember cold war Russia? Great hockey players. Now? Meh. Africa? Awful hockey teams. You might think that's related to climate, but it's not. The Olympics of 1980 was actually a hidden conversation where we let Russia know, in no uncertain terms, that we had surpassed them. And who has had the highest quality hockey for decades? Canada. Do not trust them. They don't put their milk in bags because they have to.

I suggest not worrying until Iran has a bangin' hockey team.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by fuserleer

Fuser....I know a bit about this because of my sometimes job. The tech. gap is VAST. So vast that tech is even kept from the knowledge of Congress over fears of a leak. Split Infinity

So lets get this straight - they have such super-duper high powered super secret tech that they keep it secret from their own congress and even their own military...

...but they've told you all about it because you have a part-time/sometimes/imaginary job.

Dude, you're a total fantasist.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Speaking of Military tech what can you tell me about this??

Pentagon Scientists Use 'Time Hole' to Make Events Disappear

would be very interested to see if you could shed light on this topic.

Thanks in advance

Also this seems a bit doomish.. really ww3? come on guys.. First of all if there ever was another world war we would all be dead no exceptions. ok maybe New Zealand would be spared but nobody goes there anyway. (sorry to all my NZ mates its sibling rivalry we love you guys
)
edit on 6-1-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by kindred

...who the hell would launch 1000 nukes?! There's a little thing called FALLOUT. Yeah, it affects the world...ya know...food...water..people...those things...

America.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

To be honest I don't think we would ever launch a nuke unless it was in response to nukes being launched at us. It's too risky in the world we live in today.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Speaking of Military tech what can you tell me about this??

Pentagon Scientists Use 'Time Hole' to Make Events Disappear

would be very interested to see if you could shed light on this topic.

Thanks in advance

Also this seems a bit doomish.. really ww3? come on guys.. First of all if there ever was another world war we would all be dead no exceptions. ok maybe New Zealand would be spared but nobody goes there anyway. (sorry to all my NZ mates its sibling rivalry we love you guys
)
edit on 6-1-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

Can any of you actually read?

They have not invented something that can control time, they have managed to slow down light for a fraction of a second.

The idea is that to observe an event you have to be able to see the light reflected off the objects in the event. By slowing down or stopping the light the event would be unobservable.

That is why they have only been able to produce the effect in a fibre optic cable, and the masking of an event during a "gap in time" consisted of firing a laser during the 40 picosecond "gap" where they had slowed the light down - so it became unobservable because it occured during the spell where no light was transmitted.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Covert organizations, like the CIA for one 'known' example, are privately funded and basically have unlimited access to assets through black budgets. The "official" military is not in charge of these weapons, just as they aren't in charge of nukes. AKA Congress doesn't know wtf is going on. Don't be retarded now.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join