It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed: WWIII Has Indeed Begun:

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Not all Americans are warmongers.

Please don't lump all of us together.

I am vegan.........now totally.
Do not believe in hunting or killing anything or anyone.
Am against war..........(Demonstrated against the Vietnam War)
Have written dear President Obama to stop spending my tax dollars on blowing up innocent Iraqis, when 911 was probably arranged and paid for by the Bush Administration and committed by Israelis.
Am fairly well read
Learning Spanish..........Maybe we should all be learning Chinese.

Spiritual but not religious.

Once you start lumping all people within a nation together that is prejudice.

America hasn't been a free country in a long time.

Look at what Bradley Manning has gone through. A young man now imprisoned and tortured

All for trying to alert the public about what our US Troops are really doing in Iraq.

Our voting system is rigged, our votes don't really count - TPTB place whomever they have decided on into office and the majority of people think the voting machines are not tampered with.

911 - was a false flag operation to scare the majority of non thinking Americans into agreeing to yet another war.

TPTB can hide deep in their little bunkers they have prepared, set us off against each other, lay back until the smoke and radiation clear or maybe even go off planet and wait until Mother Earth stops glowing.

The average American has little or no say in how our government is run. We are as much victims as the rest of you.

Welcome to the New World Order.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I totally agree.....................see you on the other side.

If the time is close at hand, I just hope it's fast - POOF!

Don't like pain.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

I'm not calling Americans barbaric, I'm calling your government and I certainly wouldn't defend my own government, as they are both corrupt and rotten to the core. Iran does not want a war with Israel, it's the other way around, but you've obviously allowed yourself to be influenced by the BS media in the west. The media in the west are like blood sucking thirsty vampires. They just can't get enough blood and will always promote any war and sell it to the people.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Unconfirmed: WWIII Has Indeed Begun

I thought we figured that out on 9-11-2001?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxAcidxBurnxX

We he said 'If you talk to a High Ranking Official of ANY COUNTRY" a REAL WAR with the US is suicide. Thus confirming the previous statement of "The U.S. Military is close to a century or more ahead of both rivals and allies in Warcraft" would be true. Obviously other military's are aware of how advanced the United States weaponry is........................Everyone has "Black Programs".............it's just that, ours are the "Darkest" ones

Firstly define the term "REAL WAR". Once you have done so then consider the objective of any conflict.

Ready ?

The objective of any conflict is to execute the plan and achieve your goal.

Now, if you will, take a look at where the power truly lies in this the century of economic and data driven "warfare"

Finally realize that to "win" a war you no longer need to step foot on the opponents soil. You simply need to tear down their economic base.

Now take a look with unbiased eyes and tell me how "we" the modern industrialized west are faring both now and in the long term.

Enlightening no?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yeah,
My thoughts exactly. A better place definitely awaits us all, it's just a pain getting there.
I hope it is quick.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

The media in the west are like blood sucking thirsty vampires. They just can't get enough blood and will always promote any war and sell it to the people.

It's so funny how you guys NEVER apply the same standards and criticism you have w/ OUR countries to other countries.

Now..you are coming here with a straight face and want us believe that the media in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. are all unbiased and NEEEEEVEEERRR have an agenda? Right! Sorry..i laugh in your general direction.

Without THEIR biased media and total control over media....most of those REGIMES would not even exist...because controlling the people via the media is their #1 way to brain-wash and control people.

But...riiiiiighhhht......since you are such an expert...you want to tell us such thing does not happen in other countries... even if it's obvious and straight in your face that media in other countries is often 100% government controlled.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

It's so funny how you guys NEVER apply the same standards and criticism you have w/ OUR countries to other countries.

There is a term for that irrational thought process:

Special Pleading is a fallacy in which a person applies standards, principles, rules, etc. to others while taking herself (or those she has a special interest in) to be exempt, without providing adequate justification for the exemption. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

Special Pleading Fallacy

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Like any decent human being I want nothing but the best for all humans, just like you. Why else would I go out of my way to defend Iranians, simply because I know what awaits them if America does attack Iran. We are all in the same boat. It's time to wake up and see who the real enemy is and they've been sitting on our doorstep all along.

As for Bradley Manning, I've never really trusted wiki leaks. There's something not quite right about the whole thing. It all sounds like CIA/Mossad psi ops to me. Especially considering neither America or Israel has been affected by it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I'm not sticking up for my government, I'm sticking up for my Marine Corps. I didn't agree with the war in Iraq, but the fact of the matter is Iraqi insurgents ARE real over there. They are extremists as well, and they are willing to blow women and children up because they find our unwillingness to engage them a Western weakness. We WERE helping people over there, and they were extremely happy when we took Saddam out of power. Not everything the US does is for blood. We did help them set up a democracy. We always got "love you!" from little Iraqi kids when they saw us and we would give them some of our food and water. I believe in the values that the Marine Corps was founded on because they're basically the same values the Constitution was founded on.

I may not agree with all the decisions the politicians make but what I CAN do is follow the Rules of Engagement. I have never harmed anyone who has not shot at me first. As with any group there are ALWAYS bad people willing to hurt someone innocent or steal or some stupid # like that, but to categorize the entire military as people who rape and kill innocents all the time gets annoying. I'm automatically associated with that since this is a conspiracy site and most people tend to focus on the few negative instances rather than all the positive ones.

You'd be surprised to see how many Marines don't like Obama and are aware of what's going on. No one in my unit has ever done anything illegal.

I'm against starting a whole new war against Iran because frankly I'm tired of war. It's exhausting. But I don't like the fact that their government is also run by the extremist type.
edit on 6-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

Like any decent human being I want nothing but the best for all humans, just like you. Why else would I go out of my way to defend Iranians, simply because I know what awaits them if America does attack Iran. We are all in the same boat.

There is one difference, because above all what one might think about the legitimation which America does (or does NOT) have to "attack" - i do not think nor ever thought that America or its allies *deliberately* attacks civilians..or would plan to attack innocent civilians. (Let alone that from a military point of view this would not even make any sense or provide any benefit)

BUT I KNOW that that several of those countries in the middle-east are not hesitating to do exactly that. Whether it was Ghdaffi firing scud missiles right into Jerusalem - or the use of "human shields" or whatever. Those countries are using terror and mass destructions because THEIR weapons are not that advanced, they do not have "super precision laser guided missiles" which can take out ONE bunker from hundreds of miles away.

So...i know you will disagree...but i am convinced that for those middle-eastern countries mass civil casualties are a viable tool they use in THEIR warfare - while WE are indeed trying to hit their leaders and take out their strategic important points like military, command centers etc. Why do you think do we spend those insane amounts on "precise" weapons?

And: While civil casualties do happen (sadly)..i do believe those are happening more by accident or in the chaos and turmoil of war - as opposed to INTENDED as you want to make people believe. Because you guys make it sound like the US has nothing better to do than "invade and slaughter innocent children"...which is total bs.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by kindred

I'm not sticking up for my government, I'm sticking up for my Marine Corps. I didn't agree with the war in Iraq, but the fact of the matter is Iraqi insurgents ARE real over there. They are extremists as well, and they are willing to blow women and children up because they find our unwillingness to engage them a Western weakness. We WERE helping people over there, and they were extremely happy when we took Saddam out of power. Not everything the US does is for blood. We did help them set up a democracy. We always got "love you!" from little Iraqi kids when they saw us and we would give them some of our food and water. I believe in the values that the Marine Corps was founded on because they're basically the same values the Constitution was founded on.

I may not agree with all the decisions the politicians make but what I CAN do is follow the Rules of Engagement. I have never harmed anyone who has not shot at me first. As with any group there are ALWAYS bad people willing to hurt someone innocent or steal or some stupid # like that, but to categorize the entire military as people who rape and kill innocents all the time gets annoying. I'm automatically associated with that since this is a conspiracy site and most people tend to focus on the few negative instances rather than all the positive ones.

You'd be surprised to see how many Marines don't like Obama and are aware of what's going on. No one in my unit has ever done anything illegal.

I'm against starting a whole new war against Iran because frankly I'm tired of war. It's exhausting. But I don't like the fact that their government is also run by the extremist type.

You are not the issue. An uninvited, unrequested commencement of hostilities based on a factually incorrect premise is the problem. You are simply a man pursuing a path you chose. (I'm ex-military, British, circa the early '80s)
It is not for the USA, or any other nation, to decide who requires "help". If the government of Iran is an extremist regime (which incidentally I do agree on), then for the USA (or any other nation) to intervene some criteria should be viewed.
1. Are they a clear and present threat to the well-being of this nations populace ?
2. Are they a (real, not contrived to appear so) danger on the world stage ?
3. Are the populace actively acting to undermine the regime and/or requesting outside help to do so?

If none of these conditions are met, then much as it might chafe at "our" sensibilities it would be an act of nothing but outright aggression to intervene militarily.

Let us not forget there are cultures beyond our own, many with no desire to become clones of us.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Its these filthy insane dictators in the mid-east that make there own countries into third world hells, and all the good people living in these countries just trying to enjoy and make it thru a peaceful life,have to endure the lunatic narcisists hyper mad world. The leader of Iran is a slippery little ball of earwax.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by overanocean
Its these filthy insane dictators in the mid-east that make there own countries into third world hells, and all the good people living in these countries just trying to enjoy and make it thru a peaceful life,have to endure the lunatic narcisists hyper mad world. The leader of Iran is a slippery little ball of earwax.

A fine example of a polarized viewpoint. Enduring is not a prerequisite you know. If you are american, then look to your own history or simply research the word revolution.

Do not fall into the trap of believing that because you live in a certain lifestyle everyone else must want to also.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

I posted this on another thread but I'll post it here too since it applies.

We're trying to stop Iran from gaining the capabilities because of the fact their government is run by Islamic extremists. That isn't propaganda, you can look up some of the crazy # Ahmadinejad has said. Basically their religion dictates that they go to war with Israel so "Imam Mahdi" can return. This is why it's so suspicious that Iran obstructs IAEA inspections and does not answer questions in compliance with the NPT. We KNOW they are hiding what they are doing, we just haven't gone to war yet BECAUSE we can't prove it. That's why the US is trying to coax Iran into starting something so then we can make sure they don't get that power. If they made nuclear weapons I can GUARANTEE you Israel and Iran would start a nuclear conflict. Their religions completely refute each other. They hate each other and this has always been their history.

The US isn't just doing it to pick on them for the hell of it. The sanctions were imposed to slow down any manufacturing of nuclear weaponry so the US can put its chess pieces in place and coax Iran into starting something. If Iran would just comply with the NPT and IAEA inspections there would be no need for sanctions against them. Iran knows its cornered, that's why they're getting so defensive with their threats of "full force" when all we did was say we would not stop our activity in the Strait, which we are very much entitled to do under international Maritime law. They know WE know what they're doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Now for a very simple but hopefully thought provoking question.

If Iran achieves nuclear capability and Israel strikes first ( a not so unlikely scenario) in your guaranteed war.......

Who is the aggressor and how should the world community react ?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Israel would be the aggressor, but we all know that's not how the US would play it out to be.

But that is exactly the type of scenario that's trying to be avoided. Everyone around the world would have their hands over the read button and as soon as one slips up, it's a domino effect.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Unconfirmed: WWIII Has Indeed Begun:

Or at least stores are starting to stock valentine's day candy.

What a deceptive subject line.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Can't wait to go to war! Let's see once and for all who's gonna win this nuclear war!
The U.S.A. against Iran and allies (Russian and China), let the games begin!

How could someone "win" a nuclear war?

In the case of a nuclear war, everybody dies. In all countries...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The World War has begun the moment the almighty American army got the "right" to detain whomever it deems enemy worldwide without any rights to defend in court, that is, the whole world's population is to be treated as war prisoners by the Advanced American Deity which can kill at will in all weather conditions, etc...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join