It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things I Have Learned From The Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So not believing in God makes me wicked? How does that make me any less of a person than you? Thats just arrogance. But i'll brush it off because Christians like you are why there is no place for Religion. It creates arrogance and it has certainly blossomed in you.

Take Care.

Aw, now the name calling goes out because youre angry, thats mature and yes not believing in God makes you wicked even the bible agrees with that. Maybe you need to pick up a bible and skip to the book of Revelation where it clearly states that all wicked people will get destroyed. You know about God and Jesus yet you reject them, that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which is the only unforgiveable sin.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Yes but it clearly says to kill people who goes against the "Word of God" even though the story of Moses is a retelling of older stories, meaning that the 10 Commandments were man made.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

No that is not what I learned from the Bible concerning Job. I was trying to be funny.

I learned:
We are God's creation.
We should praise God in EVERYTHING.
The good and the bad that happens to us because HE IS GOD and is deserving of praise and worship.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I just called you a Christian but you called me wicked twice just because YOUR mad and because i dont believe in your FairyTales. If any one is immature its you because rather than make a valid argument you'd rather just call nonbelievers wicked and spit your Fairytale nonsense like its Fact.

What makes your point of view right? And please provide some Evidence that your point of view is right. Maybe we could actually debate instead of the childish name calling.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Lets get something out the way, have you seen me using all Caps and alot of exclamation points? If not then im not mad. I know Christianity is a Hoax and i dont like what it teaches people and what it does to peoples Rational Thinking.Did you read what that other dude told me "Believe or be destroyed". Thats why i dont like Christianity

Did you really think your parents would tell you things like that? Any sensible person would of rejected the Bible if their parents taught them those messages as a kid. Instead our Parent/Grandparents only told us the positive message of the Bible. We were majorly deceived.

No, you have not used all caps, but by your tone of immediate jumping, you have proven that you have a problem only with the Bible, and not all other faith systems that contain extreme misogyny and child sacrifice.

Let me ask you this, what movies do you watch? What music do you listen to? Those are fundamental because the acceptance of their entertainment value within us is indicative of what we tolerate as a person who has a defined worldview.

Some of the more popular movies glamorize drug use, yet they are so wildly accepted that the drug use has become a laughing matter in this society. Adultery is another subject that is embraced and Jerry Springer and Maury Povic has made a lot of money as people are fixed to the television screens to watch people fight over who slept with who and who made what babies, without taking personal responsibilities for their actions. I find nothing humorous about a 16 year-old girl with a baby and can't prove the daddy so they take it in front of the world so they can fight about it.

Those are funny things to this society, and yet not one word about God or the Bible is uttered from these people.

I just wanted to clarify, I don't really dislike 16 year-old girls with babies. I just don't like the constant fighting about it. They need help, not displayed on television for the rest of the world to laugh at them. Perhaps we should be taking care of them, so they don't have to go without the young men who don't love them anyway.
edit on 1/1/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203

No that is not what I learned from the Bible concerning Job. I was trying to be funny.

I learned:
We are God's creation.
We should praise God in EVERYTHING.
The good and the bad that happens to us because HE IS GOD and is deserving of praise and worship.

It's still ok, and I laughed when I read it because it is true. You never know, there may be someone out there who might just come on ATS and look for a thread that will give them encouragement in their difficult time. It does happen.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Of course i have a problem, Christianity has caused alot of deaths and tricked millions of people into following imaginary things and many bad things have been said to be by Christians even my own friends told me i was going to hell. How can i not object?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Of course i have a problem, Christianity has caused alot of deaths and tricked millions of people into following imaginary things and many bad things have been said to be by Christians even my own friends told me i was going to hell. How can i not object?

I never said you were. In fact, nothing in my post even addressed hell or punishment. I merely pointed out things that I learned and you jumped at it without even reading my post. Why don't you tell us what you have learned from the many parables and fables out there that were intended to teach you something. If nothing has taught you any moral lessons, then perhaps the problem is not really with us, it is something deeper in you.

You have said Christians are like this, but yet I have said that I am not like that. I even said that it was nothing I was even remotely taught as a Christian. When Jesus said "Love thy neighbor as thyself", that is what He meant. The Christian who hates does not know Jesus.

But hate is a two way street, you can't hate and then expect people to ignore it because you are you. Even Joseph Stalin had millions of people killed under the philosophy of Ant-God and Anti-Religion in the name of the Communist state.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by ccsct203

Yes but it clearly says to kill people who goes against the "Word of God" even though the story of Moses is a retelling of older stories, meaning that the 10 Commandments were man made.

First let me ask who are you to question God? Second there exists no archeological evidence that the story of Moses is a retelling of previous stories, you have simply believed a lie.

You see if you ever read the Old Testament and tried to understand it then the punishment for the laws is justified. It was man that rejected God and brought the laws, the king, and the judgment of the law upon themselves. If anyone did the things that were punishable by death God considered them spiritually dead. Why would God want spiritually dead people dragging down his chosen people?

God is the creator; he is the promise of an afterlife. Everyone will die according to the time God has chosen. And everyone will be resurrected and judged according to the time God has chosen.

Here is my explanation for the Old Testament.

Prior to the flood man had not been given the law. They were allowed to exercise their free will, and since they had been given no law they did not violate the law. God found only one righteous man, leaving man to his own ways, Noah. Prior to the flood it appears man had destroyed himself in God’s eyes. The flood was a way to give man a clean slate. Since Christ died for all sins, even Adam’s, and it can be argued that prior to Moses since there was no law their sins would not be counted against them, they will be reconciled to God through Christ and enter heaven.

From the time of Moses to the time of Jesus, notice the law was only given to one group of people, Israel. All others were not given the law. So again the same argument can be made as for the people who lived prior to the flood. In each instance where God instructs Israel to attack another group of people and wipe them out, he refers to them in much the same way as he does the people prior to the flood, spiritually dead.

We know that ancient civilizations practiced human sacrifice and worshiped objects that they built with their hands as if they were Gods. God says that these people were in essence already spiritually dead because of their actions. So by having Israel destroy these people it could be argued this was done out of compassion for people who had fallen so far away from the intended path that they were already dead. Again the argument can be made that since these people had not received the law they will be reconciled to God through Christ.

So until the birth of Christ only one group of people had been given the law to live by. They would have been the first ones, except Adam and Eve, who had been given direct guidelines to follow. You see that even when they walked with God, they did not have faith. They knew they had been chosen by God yet the still rejected him as there King and asked for an earthly King. God granted them the laws and King that they had wanted. So still it was man’s own disobedience that leads to his destruction.

Jesus brought to man what God always wanted. Through the Holy Spirit god can again be our high priest, our king. But still even with a promise that requires nothing more than the faith that God loves you enough to give you a book that tells the truth, many refuse to have faith, repent, and accept this free gift.

The story is perfect. The complete story is the complete story of everyone’s life.

Adam and Eve - We are all born knowing good from bad. We all decide at some point to fall away by doing bad, sin.

Moses to Christ – We all live by the 10 commandments, even Atheist agree with the moral code set forth by the 10 commandments. We all break the law and in doing so we all become spiritually dead. Because of this we all learn to fear God.

From Christ to born again – This you see is where you have a choice. You can continue to live in fear, which is what the law teaches. You can reject God thus making yourself God which is done out of rebellion, or you can choose to accept God back into your heart, the place he always wanted to be.

If you choose to live by the law you are judged by the law, if you reject God than he rejects you. If you accept God back into your heart than the Holy Spirit will live in you and you will be a changed person, with the assurance of the resurrection and heaven.

edit on 1-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I never said you said that, my own friends told me that.

No my beef is with Christianity. After i saw that Christianity was a Hoax, then saw how many people it killed then i saw how Brainwashed and Arrogant some Christians are i vowed to fight that ignorance, nothing more.

If Jesus did Exist he was a loving person but if im not mistaken didnt he said that Gay people should be killed as well?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I never said you said that, my own friends told me that.

No my beef is with Christianity. After i saw that Christianity was a Hoax, then saw how many people it killed then i saw how Brainwashed and Arrogant some Christians are i vowed to fight that ignorance, nothing more.

If Jesus did Exist he was a loving person but if im not mistaken didnt he said that Gay people should be killed as well?

Do you think I am brainwashed and presenting a hoax? Do you think as a Christian I am automatically obligated to hate you? What is it about me that you find threatening? I never said I hate you and never said I felt I had the right to kill you because you don't believe like I do.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Who am i to question your Bully of a God? A very rational person of course.

Flood stories are ambiguous throughout Human Histories with over 200 claims of some type of flood that predated the Bible. Do some research before making such claims.

Do you have any Evidence of God? (4th time ive asked this in this thread)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not at all. Your the 2nd Christian who ive ever met who actually thought rationally about this subject. Christianity need more people like you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Jesus never instructed anyone to kill anyone. He let himself die on the cross to prove that love always turns the other cheek. Do you think that a man that could walk on water, feed 5000 with a few fish and a few loaves, and could raise the dead had no power to stop the crucifixion?

Allowing himself to be crucified showed us that we should always follow God’s will for us which in turn also proved to us that if we follow God’s will we will be resurrected and join him in heaven.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Flood stories are ambiguous throughout Human Histories with over 200 claims of some type of flood that predated the Bible. Do some research before making such claims.

God is plain to them

For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse (Romans 1:19, 20).

Scripture says that God's existence is evident to everyone. So I know that when you say there is no God that you are trying to justify your life and convince yourself. God has told me this so I know that I do not need to argue this point with you. Continue to fight what you know is true or accept it and learn how to have a relationship with a God that loves you.

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you (Luke 11:9).

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Did you even read the whole post?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

What evidence of God do you need? God is invisible, and yet scientists will say the universe is a hologram. How can you prove the existence of a universe other than say the stars out there must be real because we are real.

Yet, according to quantum physics, the reality of us is even questionable.

World's Most Precise Clocks
www.crystalinks.com...
Are We Living in a Hologram?
The Universe May Be a Hologram

We might not even exist, would that not be the biggest joke on humanity? And people question if God exists when people can't even prove we do.
edit on 1/1/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Not at all. Your the 2nd Christian who ive ever met who actually thought rationally about this subject. Christianity need more people like you.

Thank you. I never leave my learning up to other people, I do it myself. I don't just take tradition over thinking about what it means.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Atleast provide some Tangible Evidence that points to the Existence of God.

Im sure we exist, i can see and feel my keyboard, my sister and mother. I know they exist but God is something different. If God does exist he has certainly created a World that clearly Debunks its own Existence of such things Exist. For all the things the Bible claims all of them can either be seen in older Mythology and is Debunked by lack of Evidence and Logic for that matter.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Maybe you don't understand one thing. The Jews new they were a chosen people and they understood that they knew that they needed to live by a higher standard. The laws were for how Jews should treat Jews. No onem who was not a Jew, was to be killed for not obeying the law.

Maybe if all Christians understood that we are called to a higher standard you wouldn't have such an issue with Christianity.

If you were to follow my posts you would know that I do not agree with Judgmental, Condemning Christians. I believe that not only do they mock Christ when they say what they say; they also make it impossible for anyone to accept the bible as the word of God.

I promise I only defend my faith out of love. If my question to you was too direct I apologize.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join