It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things I Have Learned From The Bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I can accept that for it does not contradict the bible nor go against my faith.

I would value your opinion on a thread I just created. It will take 5-10 min this is a warning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I've also learned that the First law of thermodynamics can be violated when Jesus is in the house, since he can create fish and bread out of thing air. I should get like a nobel prize for that scientific discovery.

Another thing I've learned is that a single boat can carry two of every species on the planet. The millions of different animals coming from all across the word actually can all be rounded up in a matter of weeks with nothing more than an old man and a wooden boat, and they can survive for a month without eating each other or really eating anything. I don't know why Biologists don't study that more, it's pretty extraordinary really.

Then don't forget properly disciplining children, that's another thing that I've taken away from the Bible. If children are acting out of line, their parents shouldn't take away their car or television privelages, they should tie them to a tree out back and stone them to death. That's the Christian way right there.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Very interesting coming from Tupac, a firm believer in Christianity.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Some archeologists are proposing that Joseph was Imhotep

Imhotep and Joseph had alot in common, so much for it to be just a coincidence.

Imhotep is Joseph

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I am a literal interpretation type. But I do not think we know much about time and place once you go back far enough.

reply to post by Zeer0

You claim to be the bearer of reality, but offer little substance to your claims.

I repeat yet again....

All of them were oral when these things started getting written down. Thus we do not know what came first.

Why do you think Christians and Muslims don't argue a whole lot over the Old Testament, despite their disagreements? Because it was oral, and nobody knows for sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Then don't forget properly disciplining children, that's another thing that I've taken away from the Bible. If children are acting out of line, their parents shouldn't take away their car or television privelages, they should tie them to a tree out back and stone them to death. That's the Christian way right there.

Hmm, well if that is the moral lesson taken you have gotten from the Bible, then perhaps you should incorporate it. I have never seen Christians ever preach or condone the stoning of their children, so I am not sure where you think Christianity does that.

But, if you have heard Christianity does that, then please show me where it is a part of the teaching.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

But, if you have heard Christianity does that, then please show me where it is a part of the teaching.
You know just as well as I do that it's in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No, you said it was Christians do. Show me where this is part of Christian teaching. Show me anything that Christians have ever taught that it is part of our teaching.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This is in the Bible, and Christians believe and teach the Bible. Come on, this isn't rocket science.
edit on 2-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This is in the Bible, and Christians believe and teach the Bible. Come on, this isn't rocket science.
edit on 2-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

No, not rocket science for you to show me where it is in Christian teaching. That should not be hard for you to do, just "show me the money".

You still have not distracted me in any way, but your dancing around your statement will only make you more tired. But again, show me where it is part of Christian teaching. And then on top of that, show me Jews who teach that. It should not be too hard for you to do, if it is indeed there.

You should really heed your own status message. You are over-analyzing a non-situation. Keep on trying to justify something that is not there, but when you discover it is not there, then move on.
edit on 1/2/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Well actually, you don't know how they fit into the ark. Could have been a lost period of man when they could clone animals. Could have been a tardis. That's the point.

The fact is sounds impossible is hardly a reason to doubt it. I'm sure if you told the story of WW2 in 500BC, the same would be stated. How on Earth could men go against the law of gravity? Lack of knowledge how does not mean impossible.

And yes, you do discipline your child. As was mentioned before, in order to put someone to death you need witnesses. And not just any. People known to be the best of a community. Now maybe you don't know those people, but it takes a lot to make them want to put someone to death. And that's no different than today. Only difference being, they weren't afraid to put an unruly child- say, an arsonist- to death for his crimes. I'm not going to say that's right or wrong. Some children, believe it or not, are sick in the head. And in many cases, end up doing far worse later on.

Aside from the obvious social value to those rules (if your child screws the community, it's out of it), it teaches you to respect your fellow man. Because failing to do so, could in extreme cases lead to your death.

Quite frankly, I am not fully against that.

But hey, it says "children of Israel". That hasn't always meant children. It has been used for descendants.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

No, you said it was Christians do. Show me where this is part of Christian teaching. Show me anything that Christians have ever taught that it is part of our teaching.

Some sects of christianity teach hatred of homosexuals...

Though stoning isn't a part of Christianity anymore, some silly traditions and beliefs have carried over...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Stoning was never really part of Christianity, because it comes from a time when a sanctified government based on courts, judges, and God existed. That government ended. And thus, its laws died with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Akragon

Stoning was never really part of Christianity, because it comes from a time when a sanctified government based on courts, judges, and God existed. That government ended. And thus, its laws died with it.

It seems "Christians" prefered burning at the stake and hanging as opposed to stoning actually...

This is why there is a seperation between church and state... Because there has never been a "santified government" based on God... ever!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

there was. For a brief time. Israel. It was rather an interesting state.

But they wanted a king. And then their nation slowly died.

Israel is dead. And thus, its rules with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Some sects of christianity teach hatred of homosexuals...

Though stoning isn't a part of Christianity anymore, some silly traditions and beliefs have carried over...

And what does stoning children have to do with homosexuality? But the teaching against homosexuality is not new, and not a part of only Christian tradition. Just to make it clear about what Christianity does teach about homosexuality, is that God loves the person. God designed humankind, both male and female. God designed humankind to have sexual relationships, but not as a mere satisfaction of base needs. The sexual union designed by God carries a deep, spiritual union that a man and a wife become one flesh. This was the first covenant of humans.

In the old days, when a man and a woman were married, the proof her her virginity was in the blood stains presented to those people who had to verify that the union was indeed a covenant. Because God intends for His creation of humans to be a pattern of how it is in Heaven, we were created in the image and likeness of God. It also indicates that covenants were established by blood.

It is a mystical union, one that God designed and therefore sanctioned because the purpose was not only to procreate (which is the doctrine of the Catholic Church), but to honor God through the submission of our bodies in a singular covenant. Adam and Eve were created in this perfection, but through their fall, humankind has been disconnected from God. Humankind now seeks to find their most base needs met, including sexual encounters that really do not bring the persons toward God, but rather, away from God.

In the design in perfection, God was in fellowship with humankind and desires for us to come back into fellowship with God. When we learn that it is only through submission to God's design of perfection, can we do that. This is why the Bible says the Church is the Bride of Christ, because that covenant of perfection was signified by blood, and because the Church is not perfect, by the Blood of Christ, we enter into that mystical union with God.

If you feel that the design is not fair or it is not right, the problem you have is with God. The design was not for God's benefit, but humankind. That is why God does not sanction gay marriage, because it is not the perfect design and does not bring those people into fellowship with God.

Adam and Eve were created in perfection, their union was in perfection and in that perfection, they were in fellowship with God.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Akragon

It seems "Christians" prefered burning at the stake and hanging as opposed to stoning actually...

This is why there is a seperation between church and state... Because there has never been a "santified government" based on God... ever!

It seems people posing as Christians burned people at the stake. You need to understand that there were Christians opposed to that and spoke out against it. Any time a "christian" feels compelled to kill another human being, other than it being for self-defense or in war, then that person is not a Christian.

Christians will tell you that there are times when it is necessary and those times are to preserve the life of someone who is not able to defend themselves. Sometimes we need to, as in people like Adolph Hitler. In that case, it is not murder but stopping the continual genocide. But, Christians will tell you that even in that case, it is much better to bring them to justice before the world.

A lot of people do not believe in the death penalty, but that should be for the most heinous of crimes, especially when those crimes are against children. There comes a time when we should be able to discern the most appropriate actions against heinous criminals, and in many cases they do not rehabilitate but continue their crimes when released from prison. We do not advocate the murder of abortion doctors, because abortions are generally sought by the pregnant woman or her family. The choice is hers, but she needs to understand she will live with the consequences.

Christians do not believe in murder, and if a Christian tells you it is OK, then they are not really Christian.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Thats nice...

I do have a problem with "bible God".... not the father of Jesus who is the true God.

I didn't say stoning had anything to do with homosexuality... i said.

such as hating gay people...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Christians do not believe in murder, and if a Christian tells you it is OK, then they are not really Christian.

Tell that to a christian...

Theres so many different flavors of that particular religion.... i can't keep up with what they believe.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Thats nice...

I do have a problem with "bible God".... not the father of Jesus who is the true God.

I didn't say stoning had anything to do with homosexuality... i said.

such as hating gay people...

The Father of Jesus, who is the true God, created the union between man and woman to be His approved and sanctioned design and will. Do you not want to be in fellowship with God as God desires you to be? God is the one who wants us in fellowship, but since God is the creator, we have to go according to the only approved way.

Christians did not design it, Jews did not design it. God designed it. That God then went on to explain it, but people reject it because they only want to meet their base needs and feel they do not need any fellowship, but in fact they do. Thousands of religious faith systems are humankind's deepest need to connect with the Divine.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join