It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things I Have Learned From The Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by isyeye

I understand what your saying but the Bible does "teach" discrimination and that should be addressed. Its not fair to just talk about all the good aspects of the Bible.

You are correct. It does "teach" many things that I find negative, and I'm usually the first to point them out, but how many threads are there on here that do that? These things have been addressed over and over again.

For once, we should embrace the POSITIVE side, and the good that the OP has pointed out....and save the negativity for another thread.
edit on 1-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

I believe you missed the point. This thread was not about all the things in the bible but was picked out by the OP as examples of what these stories conveyed. That in itself is sufficient as it was not a thread seeking to uncover all the things that could be learned or gleaned from the Bible.

You are trying to drive it out of context I feel rather than looking at those analogies.

edit on 1/1/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I agree with most of what you say. Can you provide some Evidence that theres more discrimination in Secular things?
edit on 1-1-2012 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Wrong i just added to the list. I dont know how you can just try to overlook such repulsive statements.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Yes but we cant just focus on one side. Thats a narrow minded view of The Bible.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

I don't overlook them at all. They just happened to be out of context for this particular thread, but I see from your post above that perhaps you have realised that?

No problem. Peace.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You also should have learn that Gays should be killed, Disobedient teens should be killed, people who work on Sabbath day should be killed, killing in the name of your God is justified even though it clearly says not to in the 10 Commandments. Need i say more?

Maybe they should be? You seem to be angry because God doesn't blow rainbows and sunshine up your ass. BTW, non believers using the bible to bash other believers is so 5th grade. Guess what? By you using the bible to bash believers about the nature of God youre admitting he exists. Congratulations youre a closet christian, next step is to ask for Jesus' forgiveness and ask him to take away your hatred and anger because it is clearly poisoning you.
edit on 1-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Do i seem mad? If listing facts about the bad things about the Bible is being angry im absolutely furious.

Show me Evidence for your God.

So me speaking on the bad messages of the Bible means i believe in God? What an illogical comment.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I agree with most of what you say.Can you provide some Evidence that theres more discrimination in Secular things?

Here are some things
Women in the workplace

What Percentage of Women Work? Current: "In 1950 about one in three women participated in the labor force. By 1998, nearly three of every five women of working age were in the labor force. Among women age 16 and over, the labor force participation rate was 33.9 percent in 1950, compared with 59.8 percent in 1998. 63.3 percent of women age 16 to 24 worked in 1998 versus 43.9 percent in 1950. 76.3 percent of women age 25 to 34 worked in 1998 versus 34.0 percent in 1950. 77.1 percent of women age 35 to 44 worked in 1998 versus 39.1 percent in 1950. 76.2 percent of women age 45 to 54 worked in 1998 versus 37.9 percent in 1950. 51.2 percent of women age 55 to 64 worked in 1998 versus 27 percent in 1950. 8.6 percent of women age 65+ worked in 1998 versus 9.7 percent in 1950.

This was following World War II, when women went to work en masse.

www.allisontaylor.com...

www.hrhero.com...

What is white trash? Who is white trash? Sociologist Max Weber referred to whites who did not own enslaved Africans as “poor white trash”. The Wikipedia definition of white trash is “an American English pejorative term referring to … economically or culturally disadvantaged Caucasians. It may also be used self-referentially by white north Americans with higher socio-economic status to jokingly describe limitations they sense in their culture…” How does this definition fit with what you know of the term? White trash is a term related to race, class, and culture.

The United Nations had concluded that women often experience a "glass ceiling" and that there are no societies in which women enjoy the same opportunities as men.[17] The term "glass ceiling" is used to describe a perceived barrier to advancement in employment based on discrimination, especially sex discrimination.[18]

The examples can be found everywhere all over the world, according to the United Nations.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Do i seem mad? If listing facts about the bad things about the Bible is being angry im absolutely furious.

So me speaking on the bad messages of the Bible means i believe in God? What an illogical comment.

Cry me a river. So your mad at God because he is Righteous and you are not and by you living in your wickedness he wants to destroy you? Get a clue, your choices are what he hates, not you as a person. Stop living in wickedness or be destroyed, those are the only 2 options you got and the only chance you got to stop sinning is Jesus.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Ok but thats just how the world is. # isnt fair, we cant change it but we all live with it dont we?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So not believing in God makes me wicked? How does that make me any less of a person than you? Thats just arrogance. But i'll brush it off because Christians like you are why there is no place for Religion. It creates arrogance and it has certainly blossomed in you.

Take Care.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Ok but thats just how the world is. # isnt fair, we cant change it but we all live with it dont we?

When the rest of the world does it, you just accept it and live with it, but when you think a Bible believer does it, you get angry.

Do you get angry when Muslims do it? Do you get angry when Hindus do it? It appears you only have problems with the Bible.

As a Christian, who was taught from the Bible, I have never been taught to hate my neighbor, I was never taught to stone people to death, I was never taught that someone else was not as good as me.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

"Maybe they should be?"

What the hell man? Are you actually suggesting gays etc should be killed? Even for the sake of the argument? That's messed up.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You gave credence to God through the Bible, therefore, because you gave Him power because of what He does and what He commands, there is something to God.

But then again, read the post. There are moral lessons to be learned. I think that you probably also learn moral lessons by Aesop's fables, so if you learn that you can't fly too high or you will crash in a blaze of glory, then you have learned something.

Parables, learn by them.

link   

I go along with all except Job

Job: When you think things are bad they can always get worse.
or
Job: When things look bad they can only get better

link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

But there are things being taught to people including Children and should also be included in the list things "learned" from the Bible.

You can't judge the historicity/reliability of the biblical manuscripts on the basis of the misapplication of some 'lesson' a fundamental person or group makes of it. It is like condemning the Internet because some terrorist makes use of it to blow something up.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203

I go along with all except Job

Job: When you think things are bad they can always get worse.
or
Job: When things look bad they can only get better

If that is what you learned, then that is alright.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Lets get something out the way, have you seen me using all Caps and alot of exclamation points? If not then im not mad. I know Christianity is a Hoax and i dont like what it teaches people and what it does to peoples Rational Thinking.Did you read what that other dude told me "Believe or be destroyed". Thats why i dont like Christianity

Did you really think your parents would tell you things like that? Any sensible person would of rejected the Bible if their parents taught them those messages as a kid. Instead our Parent/Grandparents only told us the positive message of the Bible. We were majorly deceived.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

The Command is "Thou shalt not MURDER" and as far as "killing" goes God is HOLY and does not tolerate ANY sin

Man on man and woman on woman sex is forbidden in God's word as is bestiality.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join