It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That The Average American is ignorant to World and National events!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

'Mericans are smart.
When Jesus discovered the Easter Bunny in 1492, they found America to be a great place filled with smart people who drove cars because gas was cheap then.
But in 1776 when Benny Hill invaded and the King fought George Washington (the Thrilla' in Manilla) "Merica nuked Ireland (which is in London) and they gave up.
'Merica then fought WWI and WWII and then Wii to free the slaves that Abraham Lincoln (named after the car) found in Dick Cheneys house.
When 'Merica discovered the Moon, (in 1985) Michael Jackson landed and walked and it became popular.

So have fun at the expense of 'Merica. We found Jurrasic Park (it's in Mel Gibsons' house) and can sic dinosaurs on anyone who irritates us.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
No wonder this Country is Going Down People Like this should NOT be allowed to VOTE !!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ignorance is not defined by national borders. I would love to take a mike into my local town and ask my fellow Brits about what they know about world and national events. I'm pretty sure I'd get the same types of replies that those in NYC gave. Now if I asked them questions on the X factor or Come Dancing, I imagine they would be well informed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Another title with "Proof" that has anything but...

i am just pointing out the ignorance of the average American.

No. You are just showing a video that shows 16 different people that do not know much about politics and geography. 16 out of 312 million people.

The Ignorance here is anyone believing that this is a display of the average American.

This is proof of how much the media dumbs down the population!

Why am I thinking that if these 16 individuals watched the news once in a while, they would know more than what is displayed here ??

No. This is proof that YouYube dumbs down some of its viewers into believing such crap.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Did i hit a nerve?

Mate, this is the average American, no doubt. Your media is a brainwashing tool, so is my countries media, all they ever show is sport. However, there is no doubting that the average American isn't all to bright. Now i agree that wvery country has their blunt 'tools' but come on, the US has to be the most ignorant and arrogant country to date. I am not having a go at you or any other member of ATS as we are all very weel educated in the lies of the governments, i am talking about the people that don't give a # about anything, that is the average American
edit on 30-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Hit a nerve? Meh. I am still on my first coffee (early morning here) and I only start smiling after my second cup...

I don't agree with your views about the American people. I hate their government, like I hate mine. I don't know much about yours, so that would probably make me an ignorant Canadian oh...and the rest of Canadians in average would be ignorant also by your criterias...Just for your info, I don't watch TV. I get my news mostly from ATS as I think it's the best alternative news website out there.

Do they brainwash us too?

I think your perception of America is biased, close minded and off the mark. Not to say insulting.

But that's just me.

Edit to add: since I've seen that you edited your last reply, I will only say that again, the people that don't give a # about anything isn't the american. It's a world wide phenomena.

edit on 30-12-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

edit on 30-12-2011 by SonoftheSun because: final answer. I'm out od this thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Mate i am not biased towards or againts anything, i love America as much as i love Canada and Australia. We are all great nations, but in my opinion, when i watch FOX News and CNN (only for entertainment purposes, not serious watching) it is evident that the news in the US is clearly constructed as to dumb down their population. I get most, if not all my news from ATS as well. Australian news is not as bad as American as we still get to see most good stories, we know what is going on in the world and our nation. The crap Fox news displays is absolute garbage, what with their subliminal messaging as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I've had my second cup.

I totally agree with you that the MSM is garbage. Where our opinions differ is that it is a world wide phenomena and not only american. The MSM is marketed in such a way to instill control. No matter where we live.

Star for that last reply !!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I agree that every country has their own people that are to ignorant to realise what is going on outside of their country let alone their city. Perhaps i should have constructed my argument better. Whta i am trying to say that yes every nations media is controlled to some extent (e.g. Aussie media over here is always sport, slamming it down our throats 24/7 but it makes up for it in the quality of stories) These effects in Australia have led to ignorant people as well. I'm just trying to say though, that perhaps the American population is more ignorant due to the fact that i never see any quality or factual/real stories while analyising the American MSM.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
this Site should pretty much cover everyones sterotypes Warning a few rude words

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

All i see there is a map criticising every other country while calling the US "The country of the Brave." Propaganda

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think there is a common belief that people in other countries are more educated or more informed.....FLASE
Europeans are no more aware because they are just as comfortable as the rest of us and don't bother to ask questions.....I see it everyday here in spain....sheep just like the rest....

People everywhere just watch the news and go with it......there is no more social awareness here in Europe than America....it's just a different flavor of propaganda and brainwashing.....don't go knocking on Americans just because we are the first to admit how dumb our people actually are.....

I think people in third world countries are probably more informed about the world bank and the such than us because they suffer the most from it and are not so comfortable so to not ask why......

Other countries have large propaganda machines like N. Korea for example....are they more "informed" than US citizens....I think not.....

edit on 30-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The ignorant, uninformed people are the ones who look at a stupid video and determine that it represents 300,000,000 people. You America haters never cease to amaze me. If you spent as much time trying to make the world a better place as you do just simply hating, you may be able to effect some positive change in this world instead of sounding like an idiot.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

If you bothered to read some of my previous comments it would become apparent that i have stated that i love bothe the US and Canada as i love my own country Australia. I also stated in the same comment that i should have portrayed my argument better, so if you would kindly read that and think for a second it would be good.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Even the average Australian citizen knows more of whats happening in the US than what these people here display

Keep in mind that RT (Russia Today) is a propaganda vehicle with a worse record of distortion and deception than Fox News. An interview such as this is only going to show the most sensational/stupid responses.

That being said... yes, the average American is generally complacent about world events, and tends to pick politicians based on personality rather than issues.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the reminder Skeptic

I really didn't mean to start this whole war of words, it just spawned due to the fact that i didn't portray the message of myself and this video properly in the op.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am not American but way to go with stereotyping an entire nation as being dumb

To call the “average American ignorant” is a massive over generalisation that should be avoided, sure some Americans are probably very ignorant but some will probably have a better grasp on reality than you or I.

I noticed at the end this report came from RT, that makes sense, probably the most bias news source out there as everything is anti-American/NATO/Europe and pro-Russia.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And people wonder why this country is in so much trouble. There was a day before television when people used to read and improve their education. Today they want to watch Will Ferrell. Then after bombarding the mush that they call brains with the likes of Will Ferrell they go out and vote for who they think is best for the country when they in all actuality have no idea what they are talking about. Americans want this country to get better but they dont want to DO anything to help make it that way. They are angry that there are no jobs but they prefer to collect a check rather than go find a way to make money. I do not expect this copuntry to change without some EXTREEM change in our freedoms and maybe not even then. The only people that are intelligent enough in this country to make proper change are those that are already in government and big business and they are the corrupt ones that are leading this country to its downfall. The only others that are intelligent enough inside of this country are now targeted as terrorists. People in foreign countries know more about the USA and our leaders than we do. Those people are willing to work.
I remember 10 years ago when I moved to Daytona Beach Florida. I was working a job in construction for $9.00 per hour. The pay was s**t and I hated it but I had to eat. There was a kid working with us. He was from what had bee Yugoslavia. He was making $7.00 per hour and he couldnt afford to keep the little trailer that he and his pregnant wife were renting. I remember that he told me, not knowing where he was going to live tomarrow, that this was the greatest country in the world. That made me seriously think about how bad things must truly be over there. I will never forget that. Whenever I need a kick in the butt to get myself going I think of him.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I dont know about the average american being this dumb, but I talk to people about real issues. I would say that 1/2 of them are completely in the dark due to lack of interest. Another 1/8th are people that follow wha the news says. Another 1/8th are people who do not trust the news but do not really do any research themselves so they pick and choose from the news stations. Then the final 1/4 are people who are educated in the events of today, and can speak in debate format without me having to inform them of publicly available information.

So to break it down (remember this is just a quick estimate from the people I have personally talked to about the issues, somewhere in the area of like 70 people)

1/2 of the people do not care at all, "Politics are boring" or "I dont pay attention to politics, someone else will"
1/8 of the people follow one specific news station (party biased) and completely agree with everything they say.
1/8 of the people know the news is spinning the truth, so they try to listen to all news sources to gather a less biased perception.
1/4 of the people are on the up and up about political corruption and need far less backstory to participate in a debate.

edit on 30-12-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

It is horrible at what today's society is like, being absored by materialistic ideologies. Did you ever find out what happened to the Yugolavian man?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join