It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That The Average American is ignorant to World and National events!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if my only news source was cnn, fox news or cbs, i'd be an ignorant idiot too.

Most people don't even watch the above mentioned news channels let alone their own local news. No one reads the newspaper anymore even if the real truth was written in it. There is only a handful of people in the US that care and pay attention, the rest are distracted by their phone/computers/TV shows/video games, etc, and won't know the SHTF until it has already splattered.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

No I never did find out what happened to him. Sometime shortly thereafter he went to one job and I another and I never saw him again. I am sure someone helped him out. Our boss was "helping" people that had no place to go all the time. Although I would say that his "help" was more taking advantage of.

I cannot imagine though knowing that my pregnant wife and I were going to be homeless and still saying this is the greatest country in the world. I can only begin to imagine how bad things were for them at home.

People in this country need a wake up call and personally I believe it is comming soon.
God bless to all

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

Well, hopefully he is going alright financially along with his family

Yes, i too feel that a real change is just around the corner, with all these bills being passed in all the Western countries. It is insane!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Americans are not quite as ignorant as much of the world thinks they are.

Americans are nowhere near as well-informed as they think they are.

If you have not lived in the US you can not grasp just how effective American propaganda is in keeping the American exceptionalism myth alive.

Your litmus test when dealing with Americans is this simple open-ended question.

"Do you feel that the United States won the war in Vietnam?"

If you don't know the answer either then - welcome to America, have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Worse yet there are those that believe that when TSHTF that having alot of food and gold is going to help them. The last thing I would want is gold. Thats just something that will put a price on your head. Smart people will want to be away from all cities, have done their research so they will have acess to salt for both health AND curing meat, a way to fish and hunt and fresh flowing water that doesnt involve a barrel or a valve. I hear about all of these people stockpiling food and I think it's sad. They just dont seem to understand that when your neighbors children are dying of hunger you WILL be attacked and if you are in a city or any kind of residential area you will not have enough bullets to stop them. You will become a prisioner in your own home waiting for death. Most people dont understand this and it's a shame. Water, Salt, Fire, Bullets, fishing hooks & line. The 5 most important things you can have when the SHTF. If you dont have these resources gold wont mean a thing. You wont be able to use gold to trade for these things. Gold will NOT keep you alive. It WILL paint a target on your back. Just another example of how people just dont think.
edit on 30-12-2011 by candcantiques because: Forgot to explain my link to the topic

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

Oh please, we all know that America lost the war. The amount of Americans who think that it wasn't a war is absurd! And the ones that do say that we pulled out. Imo, pulling out is essentialy losing, There is no more South Vietnam, therefore we ultimately lost didn't we.

The education system in America must be so # its not funny
edit on 30-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Did it ever dawn on people, how many people were interviewed to show the desired result of ignorance ?
Stop being led , think outside the box.
How many people kept walking and ignored the interviewer ?
How many people told the interviewer where to go ?
How many people knew the answers to all the questions ?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Why should the average person give a rat's ass about what the capital of some foreign country is? This goes for everyone too, not just Americans. I realize that some people have an inferiority complex about their country but get over it. Not everyone has time to worry about the whole world. Put your big girl panties on and deal with it.There's a huge difference between not knowing and not giving a #. Figure it out.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Def Youth

Ive got one thing to say to you mate:

Any and all knowledge is good knowledge

Regardless if it is the capital of another country

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

To be fair to Americans, i'm quite sure it's the same here in the UK...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: just for daaskapital

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Facepalm. not again, wasn't that posted on the 1st page

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The disaster of the Vietnam era is so contrary to the myth of American exceptional that Americans can not accept it.

Americans can not accept the disaster of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq, either.

When I hear Americans thank troops for their service it confirms to me that they can not grasp how wrong our foreign policy is and that is not ignorance as much as it is the product of a determined policy of propaganda.

Ignorance is a problem but brainwashing is an even greater problem.

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by BRAVO949

Oh please, we all know that America lost the war. The amount of Americans who think that it wasn't a war is absurd! And the ones that do say that we pulled out. Imo, pulling out is essentialy losing, There is no more South Vietnam, therefore we ultimately lost didn't we.

The education system in America must be so # its not funny

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So walk down the street in a big city asking random people questions then edit together the footage of those intentionally being stupid and those genuinely ignorant and call the entire country stupid. The only stupid people are those that believe that is a true representation of a country.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Well most of the people I know still vote for a president, because he looks presidential,

or they are cute,

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
So walk down the street in a big city asking random people questions then edit together the footage of those intentionally being stupid and those genuinely ignorant and call the entire country stupid. The only stupid people are those that believe that is a true representation of a country.

I think any country on the planet will have the same results.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise

Originally posted by jrmcleod

edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: just for daaskapital

It's because they are Caucasians,

hee hee

I kid, but thanks that makes me feel better.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

'Mericans are smart.
When Jesus discovered the Easter Bunny in 1492, they found America to be a great place filled with smart people who drove cars because gas was cheap then.
But in 1776 when Benny Hill invaded and the King fought George Washington (the Thrilla' in Manilla) "Merica nuked Ireland (which is in London) and they gave up.
'Merica then fought WWI and WWII and then Wii to free the slaves that Abraham Lincoln (named after the car) found in Dick Cheneys house.
When 'Merica discovered the Moon, (in 1985) Michael Jackson landed and walked and it became popular.

So have fun at the expense of 'Merica. We found Jurrasic Park (it's in Mel Gibsons' house) and can sic dinosaurs on anyone who irritates us.

amen

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So what if some one does not know that 'where's me dinner dad' is the prime minister of Persia, if he did know, it would not help him to put food on the table, knowing too much is probably bad for you anyway, more worry, shorter life.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

I agree with you, but I also LoLed at your hatred for gold. I also wasn't really referencing "THE" SHTF scenario, I was kind of thinking more along the lines of, people not being aware of current global situations.
For example; on 9/11 I know of several people who had no idea it happened for at least a day to two days because they never stopped playing their PlayStation long enough to see actual TV.
I would say that that kind of distraction from reality is even worse now. All I am really saying is take a break from Skrim or however it's spelled long enough to touch base with planet earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join