It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That The Average American is ignorant to World and National events!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

When did i say that? I said any knowledge is good knowledge and knowing both your National AND global evennts/situations is beneficial

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This doesn't shock me. The education system in the United States is horrendous. The Mainstream Media rarely reports on global events.
For the average American, the world stops at the Mexican, and Canadian borders.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

No for most Americans, their world stop at state borders.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
People need to relax a bit and accept reality. If you look at student test scores over the last few decades compared across countries, America is falling behind. Period. Despite our spending more money per student. (Money does not buy education NEA folks). The US Public Education system SUCKS. I am almost 40. Most of my education was in the Catholic School system, and when I transferred to public schools in High School, I knew then what a joke our public education system was. It should be noted I am neither Catholic nor fond of the Holy Roman Empire and think Jesuits to be shady, shady characters, but one will receive a FAR better education in Catholic Schools than in our Public government and teacher union run one. It is pathetic. I remember taking an elective course (supposedly 'harder' and more intensive) as a senior on the subject of grammar. Students in 12th grade in the best school in the 8th largest school district in the US were being taught things I had learned and mastered in the 5th grade in the Catholic system. Seriously. And seriously pathetic and troubling.

Instead of getting defensive, folks should get pissed at the NEA, the Dept. of Education, et al. And demand a voucher system. The stats don't lie guys and gals in the US, our education system has been in the process of failing and under educating us for decades now. Are Americans stupid? No, just undereducated by the Public System. Add to that the mindless drivel we are exposed to 24/7 on TV, etc. and, well, what do you expect? Distracted and uneducated.

I fear for the future of my country, knowing the crap being put out in the Public Education system and the abhorrently low standards endorsed. Blame the NEA, first and foremost. Or foundations like the Rockefeller foundation, but until Americans get through their thick skulls that the solution to the problem is NOT throwing more money at the situation and demand either a voucher system or higher overall standards, we will continue to get our arses kicked when compared to other developed countries.

The Public Education System SUCKS and is a national debacle. Couple that with the stupid s#&t that qualifies for 'news' on the mainstream networks, what people are convinced is important, etc., and, well, what do you expect? I personal expect an undereducated public that has some serious flaws concerning critical thinking as well as general knowledge. And that is what we have, whether by accident or design.

Don't get pissed at those pointing this out, get pissed at those at the head of our education system and their flawed priorities and teaching methods and curriculum. And yes, I am a bit of a CT and believe that this is not just dumb luck (pun intended) - it is an intentional dumbing down of America.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This only shows you can find ignorant (without knowledge) people anywhere. Most people don't know that it was Karl Max that wrote Das Kapital or even how to correctly spell it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
reply to post by daaskapital

This only shows you can find ignorant (without knowledge) people anywhere. Most people don't know that it was Karl Max that wrote Das Kapital or even how to correctly spell it.

Your reply is not valid. My name is actaully based of the band Doug Anthony All Stars. They had a show called Daas Kapital, hence my name
edit on 2-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Bread and circuses

That's all we need!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
The ignorant, uninformed people are the ones who look at a stupid video and determine that it represents 300,000,000 people. You America haters never cease to amaze me. If you spent as much time trying to make the world a better place as you do just simply hating, you may be able to effect some positive change in this world instead of sounding like an idiot.

coming from the person who slams china with BS propaganda rubbish, thats funny! How can you lay into ther america haters, when your just as bad!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join