It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That The Average American is ignorant to World and National events!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hey ATS, i must say that this is in no way an attack on you or your country, i am just pointing out the ignorance of the average American.

Even the average Australian citizen knows more of whats happening in the US than what these people here display

This is proof of how much the media dumbs down the population!
edit on 29-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
These are the people who vote. The true face of america.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Its a nice feeling to be so stupid that people from other countries have to tell you what you need to know. I love having such nice and concerned friends ..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
These are the people who vote. The true face of america.

you think these people really vote? idk, maybe.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well to be fair, they were all new yorkers, and New Yorkers don't know about anything outside of the place they claim to be the best city in the world, Even other Americans think new yorkers are ignornat!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Yeah, they are the ones that like that Romney fellow cause he's a slick talker. Like Obama. Ahmadinejad, not that hard people. Apparently Cheney is still VP, amazing. This video reminds me of the "When did 9/11 happen?" one.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wow, my 7 year old knows the capitol of Iran (which surprised me and yes he probably pronounced it wrong, but hey he 7) He also knows where Libya is. We are both at a loss to Uzbekistan (spelling?) I will admit I had no clue. I did know who ahkmadenijad (spelling?) was though.

We will pull out the globe and do some more trotting. Also, I think the game Take-Off helped with that

edit on 29-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

Its a nice feeling to be so stupid that people from other countries have to tell you what you need to know. I love having such nice and concerned friends ..

Well that's a stock excuse, got that on a txt document ready to cut and paste for every time someone other then an American talk show host points out the exact same thing.

It's not like people from other parts of the world are the only ones who point this particular phenomena out,.. Jay Leno used to do this sorta thing all the time.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Oh my,
we have Einstein incarnates
posting in this thread.

Please,

We can get videos from any country
and people walking up to random people
asking them questions they may or may not
know.

American hating thread, this video
is fake anyways. It is all staged if you believe
this stuff your the moron.
This is proof of anti-America and anti-Capitalism PROPAGANDA

edit on 29-12-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
if my only news source was cnn, fox news or cbs, i'd be an ignorant idiot too.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Honestly, not trying to start a fight. Could Ron Paul's position on foreign affairs work to make voters comfortable with their lack of international knowledge?

"If we're going to let other countries alone, do we have to know about them?" That might be the rationalization that voters (or any other Americans) use.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
OP is ridiculous. how do you not understand that they spend days interviewing people and cut it down to minutes with nothing but the idiots.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Eh.. honestly this doesn't really represent anything. Obviously they went out to make this kind of video (a 2 minute video ripping on Americans btw) and that is what they did. They found 2 minutes of footage of people being ignorant how hard is that? How many videos could they not use because the people were knowledgeable. If anyone has ever seen the gameshow Cash Cab that is probably a better representation and sampling of Americans.

A lot of people I know are very knowledgeable of current events, news gets around. Actually everyone I know is entirely in the know, including my parents.

edit on 29-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I was expecting an idiotic reply such as yours

In the end, every person grew sick of the Occupy movement, it became a nuisance to everyday life. Besides, the guy in the first video may have been ignorant to their ideologies, because, as we all know, OWS did not put forward their concerns properly. BTW this is not an anti-US thread as i stated

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Ignorance(in lamens terms): Someone who doesnt know the facts or reality of something and doesnt care to educate themselves on it either. With that said, as an american I highly agree. Although I dont blame myself or the american people for this, they should atleast know when to ask about whats going on in the world while the MSM is clearly steering away from all the real news to get the scoop on the latest celebrity wedding... Learning how to distinguish between reality tv and actual reality helps out a lot, too. Hopefully it doesnt take the drama and horror of the scariest hollywood films becoming reality to wake the hordes of sheeple up from their blissful slumber. As an agitated truth seeker thats in disbelief at the lengths people will go to not only ignore the facts in all the screwed up things going on, but to argue the fabricated points of the corrupt "elite" for them... WAKE THE F*** UP!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You know what I've noticed? When it comes to your run of the mill, sports watching, mindless American idiot, they seem to be the ones who always go along with whatever the governments doing, or wherever the propaganda steers them.

"Sure, let's go to war, those brown people are bad.....Uh, I like that politician, the one I heard about the other night on Fox. Yeah, Romney, I guess I'll vote for him."

It's really disappointing to see all of the problems with the world and this country, and look around to see a bunch of clueless morons like these who are oblivious to reality.
edit on 30-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Hey ATS, i must say that this is in no way an attack on you or your country, i am just pointing out the ignorance of the average American.

Not all ATS members are Americans, only the good ones.

Also, I guarantee if you went up to people on the street and asked them their birthday with some cameras in tow many would forget. Also, I like saying also. Also, I'll keep the BMW, the Jeep, the houses, the hot girlfriend, the world supremacy. You can memorize the world's leaders and capitals. The master of the house doesn't need to know the servants names!

There is no way I was joking at all, in any part of this message. Please get mad and send angry U2Us.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

When i said that i was talking to the majority of the people who have/will review this thread as i know that most of them will be Americans. As i said this isn't an attack. I know that most ATS members are bright and enjoy in seeking out the truth, hence why i stated that these are the average American

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by popsmayhem

I was expecting an idiotic reply such as yours

In the end, every person grew sick of the Occupy movement, it became a nuisance to everyday life. Besides, the guy in the first video may have been ignorant to their ideologies, because, as we all know, OWS did not put forward their concerns properly. BTW this is not an anti-US thread as i stated

I believe he had a point. Idiots are everywhere, smart people are everywhere, get over it.
I wish that I could say what I really wanted to without having my post removed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by Domo1

When i said that i was talking to the majority of the people who have/will review this thread as i know that most of them will be Americans. As i said this isn't an attack. I know that most ATS members are bright and enjoy in seeking out the truth, hence why i stated that these are the average American

No, they are the average Yankee. Huge difference. lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join