It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That The Average American is ignorant to World and National events!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What you should have said because the interview was done in New York City is that people in New York City are ignorant. The rest of us here in New York State already know that. So thanks for reminding us. We've been trying to get rid of that cesspool for years. It's nothing but a blackhole for our tax money.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Well to be fair, they were all new yorkers, and New Yorkers don't know about anything outside of the place they claim to be the best city in the world, Even other Americans think new yorkers are ignornat!

Heh heh, the irony of spelling "ignorant" incorrectly.
Good work fella.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Wow.
So you ask a sampling of what looks like a shopping and tourism area, and call that Americans?
I don't need to tell you how "Ignorant" that is. LOL
Where I do agree that Americans are willfully lacking in knowledge about the outside world. I find RT's generalization ridiculous.
To really get a good idea you need to go to 200 cities and rural areas to get your samples. Spread them out over a broad demographic of people and cultures. Then you have somewhere to start.
They just picked the special education class to base school performance on.
I had read an article about how most Afgani men didn't even know what 9/11 was when asked. could not identify the Twin Towers in pictures, whether they were from before or after the planes hit.
But no one called them ignorant.
Our government has destroyed their country over it. And they don't know!
Its not JUST an American issue. So why do we need to recite it for a news anchor to prove some of us give a d@^m.
Everybody should know their world.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hahaha, oh my.
Please tell me that was an Onion News clip.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well while i dont disagree most people are ignorant. Not just americans. This montage is just that, a montage. I know some people answered their questions but they were not included in this video. Coming from a bias source this video proves nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
People Suck.

HA HA ha Ha hA

MANIC RAGE
edit on 30-12-2011 by lifespath420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

You know what I've noticed? When it comes to your run of the mill, sports watching, mindless American idiot, they seem to be the ones who always go along with whatever the governments doing, or wherever the propaganda steers them.

"Sure, let's go to war, those brown people are bad.....Uh, I like that politician, the one I heard about the other night on Fox. Yeah, Romney, I guess I'll vote for him."

Excuse me does: "YES WE CAN" X12,000 ring any bells

"YES WE CAN!"
UH... ER.. WHAT? "CAN" WHAT??"

"YES, WE CAN!

COME AGAIN?

( you know ;silly; "progress")
YES WE CANNNNNNNNNNUH"!
D'OH!

Originally posted by TupacShakur

It's really disappointing to see all of the problems with the world and this country, and look around to see a bunch of clueless morons like these who are oblivious to reality.
edit on 30-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You get idiots in every country, not just America.

Not that long ago, teenagers in England were asked about Christmas and most thought that Simon Cowell was Jesus, didn't know what the nativity was and some other ridiculous stuff that's more sad than funny.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

lol

"Yes we can"

Throughout that whole Obama campaign, he reminded me of Tony Blair back before the 1997 General Election.

Throughout 96 and early 97, Blair was a guy tipped to be one of the youngest Prime Ministers in history, gave out promises of changing the country, giving te country what it wanted, constant smile on his face and appealing to the younger generation but once in office, full of empty promises and legislations that just wouldn't work and didn't work in the real world.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If it is indeed "PROOF"!Theaverage American is a "doofus"(i.e. uneducated; uninformed etc..) And it in no way is.

Then fully half of us are smarter and better informed while the the other percentiles are complete droolers. Which explains a few things...

(food for thought: Please provide proof these idiots were average? What if we insured the real "nose pickers" stayed at home that day?
)

edit on 30-12-2011 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm 18 and I could answer all but one... largely thanks to ATS for the coverage!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You know, there will be people who say this is staged and they're only showing the ones who are ignorant and dumb... But there was a girl in a class I was taking who thought Europe was an individual country. I have no idea what is happening to people, but alot of people here seem to be lacking even basic knowledge of the world.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Well to be fair, they were all new yorkers, and New Yorkers don't know about anything outside of the place they claim to be the best city in the world, Even other Americans think new yorkers are ignornat!

I disagree with the Australian.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You do know us Americans. America is our world.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't say a a compilation of hand picked footage is proof that the average american is ignorant to world events. It's easy to sample a bunch of people then show only footage of the least intelligent responses..

I've seen videos of the same thing before but in other countries..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

This probably has nothing to do with being ignorant. It's simply a case of people who couldn't care less about who their president is, or where Libya or Uzbekistan is. It's not like knowing these things actually improves your quality of life. From their answers I assume some of these people probably don't watch TV or waste their time reading newspapers and if so, good for them. Instead, they probably spend their quality time with their families, simply because unlike the rest of the brainwashed masses, they know what's most important and what life is really about.

edit on 31-12-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I would be remiss if I didn't add this to the mix, putting to rest any and all doubts as to the 'Americans not knowing geography' issue.There should really be a charity for 'map challenged Americans', all they do these days are to think about children who are starving or have disease......but has anyone thought about the map challenged???? Serious issues people!

edit on 31-12-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Reminds me of any other place on Earth I've ever been to and lived in. Euro-American culture has this incessant need to force its own ignorance upon those of different opinion, and will stop at nothing to lie, cheat, steal and murder its way to make a euro/buck over the backs of people who are kept ignorant of the fact.

That said, these video's are snapshots cleverly put together, and in no way represent any group of people, nationality, color or creed. It's a joke, played by, well... ignorant people.
Here's Bill with the weather!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Not to say i don't agree but isiant it dumb(as you put it) to pay attention to a country other then your own in times like this.

Is Australia that boring or do you just like bashing America?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Reporter: "Do you know the United States was involved in a war with Libya?"
Woman dressed as Santa: "Okay" and then she started laughing like retarded elk

How people can be so insensitive and detached from reality.
It's like in a "Brave New World" novel, they seem to not care if someone on the other side of the globe is f*cking bombing houses full of innocent childs. Moreover it's their own country doing so...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join