It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by vogon42

Simple answer is I am a Christian. Christianity is not a cult, we follow the teachings of the true living God... Jesus Christ and we are saved by grace and faith alone. Catholics are not christians for the reason that they do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but worship a false God that they have made of Mary. This is by definition is a cult - worshipping anyone other than the true living God. They do not follow what the bible says.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Do you believe in one god or 3 gods?
Do you believe a mortal figure on a cross represents your true god?
Does giving god human attributes and fallacies make that god of any value?

Humans need to justify things and sometimes we like to take something and lower to our level, humanizing something so that its more acceptable by our egos...this has always been my problem with Christianity...I am meant to have blind faith before I can have a belief, that doesn't sound right.

Adios.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by dilly1

Do you have anything constructive to add to your post? You have resorted to simple attacks instead of combating the argument. Do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add besides insults.

By the way .. i shouldnt have to grow thick skin. I should not need it.

So i am just confirming you ignored the definition of brainwashing and replaced it with your own. Actually through your posting you seem ... abnormal. I wouldnt be surprised to know you were on recreational drugs at the moment with the way you are posting.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Everything I say is constructive. The catch is your so insecure do to being brainwashed you can't see I am really trying to help you.

Attacks.. Again grow some thick skin. Try it,,It literally adds years to your short life.

"I should not need it" ??? Who talks like that?

Do YOU know the definition of BW ? You are aware "religion" is part of the official definition?.

What abnormal about my posting?

Recreational drugs? Lol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

And saying that people's dead reletives are demons isn't immature?

link   

reply to post by LunaKat

Its more than obvious that the only people here with the agenda are the ones spamming hate pictures and acting really immaturely. That's what I love about atheists they get so mad at something they apparently don't believe in... Mention a few biblical truths and they just can't control themselves or act civilly.

I have no picture you deluded creature. Where do you see an image? OMG, the demon is digging in deeper. In addition to hearing stuff you're seeing things. I don't even have an avatar picture.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH DEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOONS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH BOGEYMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by LunaKat

reply to post by vogon42

Simple answer is I am a Christian. Christianity is not a cult, we follow the teachings of the true living God... Jesus Christ and we are saved by grace and faith alone. Catholics are not christians for the reason that they do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but worship a false God that they have made of Mary. This is by definition is a cult - worshipping anyone other than the true living God. They do not follow what the bible says.

And according to the Jews who have many Scriptures about the God that started all of this, Jesus is a cult. Jesus is a false Messiah. I think they are absolutely correct.

Those Jews are still asleep to the truth. There are many Jews throughout history that have converted to Christianity because the evidence for the resurrection of Christ is simply undeniable to any honest conscious human being.

link   

Simple answer is I am a Christian. Christianity is not a cult,

Dude, any form of organized religion is a cult.

Do you need me to look up the definition for you?

AND the other part of the question you did NOT answer, '
If your bible says it is wrong to judge others, why are you judging others.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by undo

Well lets look it at this way.....

1. The world is not 6000 years old

2. Snakes can't talk

3. The Noah's Arc story is impossible and is a fabrication of the Epic of Gildamesh Flood story.

And so on and so on. The Bible is not based in fact at all and has called much death (Crusades, Salem, Inquistion). Christianity has no use in our current society.

you are creating strawmen.

the bible does not say the earth is 6000 years old. it's a very condensed, very old text, people are likely to find as many ways to interpret it as there are ways to interpret modern day laws.

the serpent in the garden was not a snake.

actually, the flood is the black sea flood, which was a real, scientifically proven event. it started off the strait of gibraltar (so somewhere in the atlantic), followed into the mediterranean, shot thru the other end at over 100 miles per hour, filled up the black sea, flowed down into the lowlands of mesopotamia, and wiped everything in sight for 100's of miles. many of the words the english translation contains regarding the flood, were not in the original language. for example, it doesn't say all animals. in fact it only adds up to about 40 or so animals.

it's just an old reference to a real flood that effected people from africa, to lower europe, to russia, to the fertile crescent and mesopotamia. now if that started in the atlantic, there's countless of possible reasons and may have effected more than one coastal area, other than the ones mentioned above.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

I see an image on page 26 by the member who go's by the name of "Garkiniss".

The only one shouting Demon and stuff here is you... And If you are an example of atheism as a whole I am very much glad to not be on your team.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

The only one shouting Demon and stuff here is you... And If you are an example of atheism as a whole I am very much glad to not be on your team.

So creature of the fiery depths..you see one image in a thread and its plural? You said images --plural. Fool.

You don't even know what I am. You assume I'm atheist. Fraid not fool.
edit on 30-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

Post something consturctive and stay on topic please. The thread is being Ruined by people speaking off topic , and spamming insults. You have agreed to the Terms of Use when you registered an account. If you do not like the Terms of Use then dont post anything. Seriously.

Luna , i am not the one breaking the terms you agreed to when you registered on the forums. Post something constructive or do not post at all.

Act like an Adult please.

As yourself

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God.

I agree that religions are disgusting... In fact truth be told Jesus has 2 enemies, Sin and Religion.

link   

reply to post by vogon42

Let's look at the etymology of that word "cult" shall we.

Cult
1610s “worship” also “a particular form of worship” from Fr. Culte (17c) from L. Cultus “worship, reverence".
Meaning: devotion to a person or “thing.”

Cult. An organized group of people, religious or not, with whom you disagree.

Not to burst your bubble, but you and your "religion" both embody the very meaning of the word cult.
You throw scripture around like it were undeniable proof of anything short of the imaginations of men. You insult people by daring to know anything about the afterlife, of which you learned about yourself from your book that cannot be backed by any form of science or logic. You are either the most sincerly brainwashed person I have ever encountered, or your ego and pride keep the truth from your lips. I'm leaning more for the former as it would serve you as a perfect example of the question raised in the op.

edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by vogon42

You sure say .. "Dude" a lot. Are you sure you are not to young to be here?

Also , the Bible gives a perfect example of how you should be. There is no breathing room. If you have not noticed we are not God or in other words .. holy. We are to TRY and follow God to the best of our ability to show that we seek him and to obtain more blessings. You will never be like Christ until you shed the sinful mortal body .. but you are to try to be like him so more blessings can be bestowed on you.

Jesus has already given you a free ticket if you accept him. The only difference between you and i? I am forgiven.

That is it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

So creature of the fiery depths..you see one image in a thread and its plural? You said images --plural. Fool.

You don't even know what I am. You assume I'm atheist. Fraid not fool.

You seem to be very angry, maybe this will help you deal with your sin...

James 1:20 - "for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God"

Matthew 5:22 - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will in danger of judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire"

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Wow, arrogant much?

All-knowing and able to read the minds of others?

You are truly .....whatever.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

I'm the only one shouting Demon??????????????? OK so who was it that came in here with all your buddies and started in saying the OP Grandfather and Father were DEMONIC influences?

Are you drinking right now or doing drugs?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

And according to the Jews who have many Scriptures about the God that started all of this, Jesus is a cult. Jesus is a false Messiah. I think they are absolutely correct.

Those Jews are still asleep to the truth. There are many Jews throughout history that have converted to Christianity because the evidence for the resurrection of Christ is simply undeniable to any honest conscious human being.

Wrong Jesus!

Those jews converted because a boat-load of radical christians forced over 2 million jews to convert. Its called the Spanish Inquisition. You probably have jew in you and you don't even know about.

How does it feel to be BW'd?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

soo we have the cult of that really cute guy that played elrond.
and the cult of that other really cute guy that played aragorn.
and the cult of that really pretty guy that played legolas, mwahaha
and the cult of food people. mmmmmmmm foooood.
and the cult of sex people. ooo la la, just ask biff tannin.
and the cult of people who are addicted to their own endorphines (runners, athletes and sex fiends lol)
and the cult of fashion fanatics. ah, how art thou beautiful, let me count the ways. thou art beautiful in pink
and the cult of music fans.
and the cult of buffy the vampire slayer!

anyway, cult is an useful term but misused frequently.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

My friend I am apart of no religion. I have no ego or pride. And I have not insulted anyone.

Please think before bearing false witness against me.

I can back up my words that Catholicism is a cult. Can you back up that I'm in one?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join