It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

But do Serpents have Human vocal cords?

Still doesn't Prove that Noah could get all the planets Animals on an Ark and stopped them from eating Eachother. That story is clearly a Fairytale.

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by vogon42

Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God.

I agree that religions are disgusting... In fact truth be told Jesus has 2 enemies, Sin and Religion.

So, your saying you are not a religious person?
(you know, a person who is in a cult will always deny they are in a cult)

Also, let me ask AGAIN (since you appear to be afraid to answer it)
referring to "they are not christian, but I am"
**************** THIRD time I'm asking you ******************
AND the other part of the question you did NOT answer, '
If your bible says it is wrong to judge others, why are you judging others.

link   
*****ATTENTION*****

Before you post anything else.......please read ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Discuss the TOPIC not the member! If there are any more off topic posts, attacks against other members, discussions about other members, and any and all T&C violations, your post will be actioned. If it keeps up, posting bangs will be handed out.

Final warning.

Thank you and carry on........w/in the T&C

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
so christianity is a cult - fact

christians indoctrinate their children to believe the same thing - fact

therefore we can assume that christianity really is brainwashing. question answered.

brainwashing has negative connotations but even as a christian you have to agree that thats what christians do. sure there are people who weren't raised christian and found it on there own but for the most part, christians are christians because their parents were christian because their parents were christian etc...

brainwash: Make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.
indoctrinate: Teach (a person or group) to accept a set of beliefs uncritically

as these are children being 'taught' to accept a set of beliefs and in most cases they have no choice but to go to church with their family until they are old enough to opt out and then after many years of having been christian they fear persecution or rejection from their family if they decide it is not right for them, i think its safe to call it brainwashing.

link   

reply to post by LunaKat

I see an image on page 26 by the member who go's by the name of "Garkiniss".

The only one shouting Demon and stuff here is you... And If you are an example of atheism as a whole I am very much glad to not be on your team.

You said "Team"?? Well being brainwashed is solely about being on a team or party or side or cult.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I agree. Thank ( i n s e r t d e i t y h e r e ) I used it correctly.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I believe in one true and living God that has expressed Himself in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Furthermore Christanity does not require blind faith, quite the opposite. If you even did any amount of evidence you would of already knew that, but the reason you haven't is because you obviously just want to continue justifying your sinful life that is hurting others.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by LunaKat

I see an image on page 26 by the member who go's by the name of "Garkiniss".

The only one shouting Demon and stuff here is you... And If you are an example of atheism as a whole I am very much glad to not be on your team.

You said "Team"?? Well being brainwashed is solely about being on a team or party or side or cult.

I'm on Gods team. And knowing how powerfull God is I'd rather be on his team then anyone else's.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God.

I agree that religions are disgusting... In fact truth be told Jesus has 2 enemies, Sin and Religion.

Is the bible a religious book(i know a series of books)?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

But, I'm sure you'll just say I am lying, like when I pointed out Jesus' study of Buddhism -- I was a liar, and you "fear for my soul"... and this Luzzatto guy, a person with much world-wide acclaim, who looked at original documents, is, of course the devil. Because you just never, ever stop accusing others of lying. Whatever. Nevermind. Carry on with your slander and false accusations. Very Christian of you.

This "Luzzato guy" may have world wide acclaim.. but the fact that a pope who denounced padre Pio also racanted.. and admitted that he had been mislead about Padre Pio.

The real testimonies of the life of Padre Pio..those who saw him celebrate mass..and experienced confession with him have many miraculous stories to share.

If you want to believe a few mens testimony ..over literally 1000's of miracles and gifts received through this saint.. thats your choice.

Padre Pio made enemies within the church.. because he saw with great depth into the souls of others. Those who had much to fear and hide did not like this about him...as well as those who were in spiritual envy of the great following and admiration he had.

But lets agree to let God decide what is truth..I am content to wait for Him to show you truth as well as myself...and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

As far as what Jesus was taught and His life...I choose to go by the Poem of the Man God..the story of the life of Jesus as given through visions to Maria Valtorta.

en.wikipedia.org...

The handwritten pages were characterized by the fact that they included no overwrites, corrections or revisions and seemed somewhat like dictations. The fact that she often suffered from heart and lung ailments during the period of the visions made the natural flow of the text even more unusual. Readers are often struck by the fact that the sentences attributed to Jesus in the visions have a distinct and recognizable tone and style that is distinct from the rest of the text. Given that she never left Italy and was bed-ridden much of her life, Maria's writings reflect a surprising knowledge of the Holy Land. A geologist, Vittorio Tredici, stated that her detailed knowledge of the topographic, geological and mineralogical aspects of Palestine seems unexplainable. And a biblical archeologist, Father Dreyfus, noted that her work includes the names of several small towns which are absent from the Old and New Testaments and are only known to a few experts

In the 1980s, she was mentioned in the visions of two of the visionaries in Medjugorje. The Medjugorje visions by Marija Pavlovic and Vicka Ivankovic both stated that Maria Valtorta's records of her conversations with Jesus are truthful. According to Ivankovic, in 1981 the Virgin Mary told her at Medjugorje: "If a person wants to know Jesus he should read Maria Valtorta".[41][42][43][44][45] According to printed records of Medjugorje messages, Marija Pavlovic stated that she was told at Medjugorje by the Virgin Mary that it was permitted to read Maria Valtorta's book

God bless you.

I will not be around as much.. so lets continue to sincerely pray for each other..in love.

edit on 30-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

well if you want to know what the word is there, it's nachash.
a nachash was a, well, for lack of a better word to describe it in modern day terms, a sorcerer.
however, that means he was a man of medicine. aye, the serpent was a geneticist. a walking, talking
medicine man of very advanced abilities. (i mean, comparatively for the time frame. we're almost there ourselves today. kinda scary)

and 40 animals on a boat that size, with corrals/pens built inside it, no the barn animals are not going to eat each other.

edit on 30-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I thought Adam & Eve were the only Humans Alive at that time.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by FugitiveSoul

My friend I am apart of no religion. I have no ego or pride. And I have not insulted anyone.

Really? I think we should take a head count on who here has been insulted by "RevelationGeneration."

You've insulted the memory of someone's late family member, and anyone else who's had an encounter with a deceased loved one. You've insulted just about everyone's intelligence by claiming to understand anything about the universe based on the words of fallible men (you have no proof God influenced their writing. That is your opinion). You are apart of a monotheistic religion (you can call it a relationship all day long. I call it the abandonment issues of children with an absentee father), and since I and many disagree with this belief, it makes it a cult.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

But, I'm sure you'll just say I am lying, like when I pointed out Jesus' study of Buddhism -- I was a liar, and you "fear for my soul"... and this Luzzatto guy, a person with much world-wide acclaim, who looked at original documents, is, of course the devil. Because you just never, ever stop accusing others of lying. Whatever. Nevermind. Carry on with your slander and false accusations. Very Christian of you

This "Luzzato guy" may have world wide acclaim.. but the fact that a pope who denounced padre Pio also racanted.. and admitted that he had been mislead about Padre Pio.

The real testimonies of the life of Padre Pio..those who saw him celebrate mass..and experienced confession with him have many miraculous stories to share.

If you want to believe a few mens testimony ..over literally 1000's of miracles and gifts received through this saint.. thats your choice.

Padre Pio made enemies within the church.. because he saw with great depth into the souls of others. Those who had much to fear and hide did not like this about him...as well as those who were in spiritual envy of the great following and admiration he had.

But lets agree to let God decide what is truth..I am content to wait for Him to show you truth as well as myself...and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

As far as what Jesus was taught and His life...I choose to go by the Poem of the Man God..the story of the life of Jesus as given through visions to Maria Valtorta.

Sorry, I fail to see how this relates to christian brain washing.
Is your post itself supposed to be proof?
edit on 30-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thinking about it, I'm not too sure that it is 'brainwashing' Per se. It is, however, blindly following the herd.
It's worked - up to a point - for prey animals for millions of years (or, alternatively, about 4,000 years for the herd...).

I would hazard that if the basics of the Bible stories were shown to someone of reasonable intelligence who had never experienced social conditions with predominant Christianity (or other organised religion), they wouldn't believe any of them. Too many contradictions and too much magic.

I ask that those who take the Bible literally, and believe that every word is 'God's word,' to really examine the stories as truth.

Did they [the stories] really happen that way - given a modicum of common sense, some knowledge of biology, real history, physics, and (this is the big one...) an open mind?
If you answer "YES!" to this question, and choose to cite "miracles" and "divine intervention" then you are probably part of the herd (or "flock"....see the irony?).

Aesop's fables carry morals. They are lovely stories. Did a fox speak to a crow or a scorpion? Not at all, but the moral remains pure. There are some lovely stories in the Bible, but I really doubt that they happened exactly as written. The morals are still there, and there's some fabulous ideas for keeping Bronze age peoples in check, but nobody really lived 900 years, or turned into salt, or turned staves into serpents etc. I'm somewhat confused how people continue to try to justify the myriad contradictions within the Bible to keep it making sense to them (hence justifying their undying adherence to it as sacred). It doesn't make sense, but there are some nice ideas in there.

As I've mentioned numerous times before, I have utter respect for people of faith. I think it's a wonderful thing. Following the words of men blindly, with no respect of context, physics, history etc. is simply watching the tail of the beast in front of you. I wish you luck. I'd suggest watching any documentary on herds. Sooner or later the safety in numbers idea stops working (usually quite catastrophically for some of them). You'll call them "Martyrs" or something because they died firmly believing that the tail in front of them was leading them to the final reward.
Perhaps they were mistaken. Will the herd learn from their death? No. They'll continue to follow that tail because it's all they know, or they are too closed minded to see any other perspective. It's hard to see the lions picking off the weak stragglers when you're in the middle of a stampede.

link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by undo

I thought Adam & Eve were the only Humans Alive at that time.

lol
whew,
nope. the serpent wasn't a human, he was an Atum (long story).
and there was an entire race of adam, some male, some female, before eve (eve was just the first adam female given procreative abilities, before that, all new adam were cloned)

link   
reply to post by vogon42

If your bible says it is wrong to judge others, why are you judging others.

As Christians We are to 'discern' in accordance with Gods word. The worldly man interprets a wise discernment as a type of condemnation of judgement (Proving his folly), and shows no understanding as to the difference between righteousness and unrighteousness.

1 Thessalonians 5:21.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good

Pride-filled Criticism is the kind of judgment that God declares inappropriate.

The Bible is truly the final authority in all matters of faith and morals.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
hmm the way this thread is going i think its gonna get shut down.

well, i stand by my last post that christianity does in fact = brainwashing no matter which side youre on. i think i made a thread a while ago about how no religion should be taught to children because it is unfair. they should be raised naturally with no religion and then when they are old enough to make decisions for themselves they should be allowed to do whatever they want.

and is it possible to remove a 'respected foe' if they added you. i just don't really have the whole 'respect' part for revelationgeneration.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join