It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by undo

But where's the truth in any of this? Science teaches us that the First Humans were from Africa. I choose Sciene over Fairytales any day.

All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve (who were created by God).

Evolution quite honestly doesn't hold up against science. The myth that christians are against science is atheist propaganda. Molecules to man is not scientificaly possible and there for should not be viewed as scientific fact.

Quite honestly it is in opposition to science. The science we can test and repeat and use our 5 senses to understand. Science demonstrates over time that living organisms lose genetic information they don't gain it.

it does hold up IF, and only IF, you realize that the tree of life is a direct reference to a specific part of our dna. and that the verses regarding the "fall" is a reference to being spliced with animals, and animals very well may have evolved since the timeline for the earth is not just the advent of homosapians. this would explain why we have characteristics in common with other animals, mammals in particular, because our dna was spliced with theirs and at that point, we became procreative.
edit on 30-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

But where's the truth in any of this? Science teaches us that the First Humans were from Africa. I choose Sciene over Fairytales any day.
Humans coming from Africa is a theory. A good theory ,but a theory. Its supported by the Mitochindrial Eve concept.

Another theory is humans evolving simultaneously in several regions world wide. Which support the HOW of the abrupt emergence of modern humans throughout the world at about the same time. This allows for several populations of modern humans to exist at the same time with other species. Gradually the groups interbred into us humans. But a theory to.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Speaking of your Fairy Tale Religion like you have Evidence to back up your Beliefs. You are the type of Christians that make Christianity look bad. You are Christian Arrogance Personified. I feel bad for you.

Atheism is a religion people join to appear smarter.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

You have missed the point entirely, which, tbh, was totally expected/predictable.

Peace to you.

This has run its course.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
and now he will say something about "atheists resorting to semantics" to try and change the focus. even though its the opposite that is true.
edit on 12/30/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

i had faith this would happen and it did, praise the lord!

So I a made a typo error and now you are using semantics in a vein attempt to discredit my character?

edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

i don't need to discredit your character anymore than you already have with everything you've said in this thread. but this isn't about personal stuff anymore because the mods said we can't so, pertaining to the topic..

do you or do you not agree that the followers of christianity indoctrinate their children? and wouldn't it only be fair if they were raised without a religion and then when old enough they we're free to find their way to christianity like you? or should they be 'brainwashed' from a young age into believing christianity and not even knowing why?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Speaking of your Fairy Tale Religion like you have Evidence to back up your Beliefs. You are the type of Christians that make Christianity look bad. You are Christian Arrogance Personified. I feel bad for you.

Atheism is a religion people join to appear smarter.

oh its not just to appear smarter, its been proven

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Wrong. Atheism is for people who have seen the lies of Religion and have accepted that the Bible has no basis in fact. When you look at the World around you and then look at the Bible it is clear that the Bible does not fit in what we know is true about the Universe. But it's too late for you, your to Brainwashed to even try accept a new way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am afraid no matter which way you try and slice it, evolution is Scientifically impossible.

Fact one:

There is no known observable process by which new genetic information can be added to an organism's genetic code. NONE - that pretty much refutes evolution right away because theirs no way to go from a fish to an amphibian without adding new information.

Fact Two:

Never has it been observed that life can come from non-life.

So molecules to man evolution doesn't really make scientific sense at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

to be fair, you realize that the test for IQ is based on secular knowledge, not brain capacity or learning ability?
i mean, i can guarantee there are some incredibly brilliant scholars of ancient languages out there who are not even remotely secular, but who would score low on a test in which the questions were things like, "hitler and stalin were friends. true or false." because it isn't their area of expertise. as an example of course, but not only can they read ancient languages, they can speak and write them, and not just one, but several. these are not stupid people.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

I myself have spoken of my Grandfather, who came to visit me, and took me with him for a night of travel and talking that enthralled me. I have also seen, and spoken to my Father, and two friends, all of whom are dead. I also have had conversation with ET Beings

Now I understand why your so vehemently against Christianity. It is because you have demonic influence in your life. The Bible says that there is no in-between, after death you face judgement and the result of that is heaven for the believer and hell for the non believer. The bible calls dead relatives "unclean spirits" they are demons (fallen angels) and are master of deception. They are also extraordinarily good at masquerading as relatives and aliens, they will get you to do anything so you don't follow Christ. Hence why your heart has been poisoned.

Those attempting to contact the dead, even to this day, usually have some sort of spirit guide who communicates with them. These are familiar spirits.

Leviticus 19:31; 20:6, 27; and Deuteronomy 18:9-14 refer to “mediums and familiar spirits” and forbids being involved with them, as they are an abomination to the Lord. The medium was one who acted as a “go-between” to supposedly contact or communicate with the dead, but in reality they were contacting demons who convinced the mediums that they were “familiar” and could be trusted and believed. The practices associated with mediums and familiar spirits were banned in Israel, and the punishment for practicing such things was death.

To this day, familiar spirits (demons) are under the control of their master, Satan. They influence people to spread lies and deceit in order to thwart the kingdom of God. Knowingly opening oneself to the work of demons is an evil thing: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD" (Deuteronomy 18:10-12a).

Some avenues through which demons, a.k.a. "familiar spirits," can gain entrance into a person's life are divination, transcendental meditation, visualization, necromancy, witchcraft, drugs, and alcohol. These are all activities that believers are exhorted, commanded even, to avoid. Instead, we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit, with love, with joy, and with the fullness of life that comes from Jesus Christ. We are also to be on guard, "for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:12).

Personally I think you are making way to many assumptions here. Even assuming that all are either in heaven or in hell at the time of death is an assumption. If you read revelations the saints who died as martyrs seem to still be waiting until the second coming. What you are doing is adding to the bible, something that should not be done.

You do not know what he encountered, to give your statement as fact and anything more than your opinion is to sit yourself on the thrown. A place that is only God's to give, not yours or anyone’s to take.

I urge you brother that the calling of Christ is one of love. What you are saying is definitely not coming from love but rather a place of righteousness. You do not know if a man is going to heaven or hell only God does. We do not know all the ways of God and anything is possible for God. You can only be sure of your own salvation. If you are sure of your salvation be happy with that.

If you want to help others believe in Christ it starts with love and compassion, even for your enemies. It does not start with Judgment and hate.

I am sorry for being so direct but I felt that as a Christian I must say something and I did not know another way to say this. If what I have said offends you I am sorry. I only pray that we all both believer and non believer can follow the second commandment. I don’t know anyone that disagrees but I know few that listen. I pray this in the name of the son of the living God Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Wrong. Atheism is for people who have seen the lies of Religion and have accepted that the Bible has no basis in fact. When you look at the World around you and then look at the Bible it is clear that the Bible does not fit in what we know is true about the Universe. But it's too late for you, your to Brainwashed to even try accept a new way of thinking.

I also see the lies in Religion, that's why I choose to follow Jesus Christ.

Jesus is my Savior not my religion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

if only this were about evolution but theres a whole other forum for that.

i am interested to hear your answer to my question about whether or not children should be indoctrinated or if they should be raised with a clean slate and allowed to find their own way to christianity if they so choose?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

yeah i know, and i dont really care it was just a childish poking fun of what revelation guy said. but yeah theres been some smart christians and atheists.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Everything in the universe is made up of energy. Fact.
Life is energy. Fact.

and I guess you missed my entire post about how living organisms "losing" genetic information was a creationist falsehood.

edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this guy would score low on an iq test but he's brilliant with math.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

uh huh

i know, and i dont really care it was just a childish poking fun of what revelation guy said. but yeah theres been some smart christians and atheists.

what do you think?

should children be indoctrinated or be allowed to grow up and find christianity on their own if they choose?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

i am interested to hear your answer to my question about whether or not children should be indoctrinated or if they should be raised with a clean slate and allowed to find their own way to christianity if they so choose?

Well I don't believe Christianity is a religion I believe the old and new testament to be a history book of our origins and super natural guide book. So yes I do think it should be taught to young children, the gospel teaches a child morals which they couldn't learn without it. I believe evolution is indoctrination of religious dogma and would be best removed from education for its poisoning of children's minds teaching them that there nothing but animals.

i know, and i dont really care it was just a childish poking fun of what revelation guy said. but yeah theres been some smart christians and atheists.

If your only trying to "poke fun at me" I will cease to answer any more of your questions.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stanats

Mithra?

Well I don't believe Christianity is a religion I believe the old and new testament to be more of a history book and super natural guide book than a religious book. So yes I do think it should be taught to young children, the gospel teaches a child morals.

So do Grimm's Fairytales... without all the emotional baggage attached.
edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join