It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by undo

I thought Adam & Eve were the only Humans Alive at that time.

Except just a little later Cain went off and found himself a wife...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
hmm the way this thread is going i think its gonna get shut down.

well, i stand by my last post that christianity does in fact = brainwashing no matter which side youre on. i think i made a thread a while ago about how no religion should be taught to children because it is unfair. they should be raised naturally with no religion and then when they are old enough to make decisions for themselves they should be allowed to do whatever they want.

and is it possible to remove a 'respected foe' if they added you. i just don't really have the whole 'respect' part for revelationgeneration.

Starred

2nd

reply to post by Badgered1

Yeah, but that was some of that okay incest the bible talks about.
edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

Prove that Christians are brainwashed or your argument is without basis or foundation and is simply a means to try and attack our faith. I think I refuted all the points the OP made on page 24, if you have any new one's please feel free to bring them to the table so we can discuss them.

Oh and PS. Faith simply means "Trust" we trust the evidence that God has given us.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

But where's the truth in any of this? Science teaches us that the First Humans were from Africa. I choose Sciene over Fairytales any day.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
The Bible is truly the final authority in all matters of faith and morals.

WELL....that pretty well covers the brainwash question.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Prove that I am Christians are brainwashed or your argument is without basis or foundation and is simply a means to try and attack our faith. I think I refuted all the points the OP made on page 24, if you have any new one's please feel free to bring them to the table so we can discuss them.

Your brainwashed because you have faith. That's it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Prove that I am brainwashed or your argument is without basis or foundation and is simply your means to try and attack me. I think I refuted all the points the OP made on page 24, if you have any new one's please feel free to bring them to the table so we can discuss them.

but you see i can't prove it in your case because as you said before, you're not religious. if you read the OP you'll see that the christianity we're talking about is different from whatever it is you believe.

all i am saying is that the organized religion called christianity indoctrinates/brainwashes wave upon wave of new generations by teaching them what to believe from childhood on which makes the people too scared to think outside of the box.

you aren't religious but only believe in jesus as the way to god or whatever it is you said, and that is that. i could tell you the ways i think you are brainwashed but since i don't know anything about you or how you came to be the way you are i can't speak specifically about you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Have any of you guys watched any version of The Passion because right now you resemble the angry mob that demanded the death of a good man who in the words of his own judge had done no wrong.

If you took some unbiased time to read what he actually said you too, I'm sure, would see no fault in him. As atheists you wouldn't agree with him, a religious person of some other faith would see him as blasphemous, but you'd be hard pressed to say that man was an instigator of a brainwashing campaign or did anything morally or ethically bankrupt. That's simply a falsity knowing what we do about him & what he said.

You would have a lot more success arguing organized religion were a vehicle for brainwashing than you would the word of this man. That you are so vehement in your dissension only really reveals your own prejudiced agendas I'm afraid and gets us, and this debate [if you can call it that] no where.

Look at Islam as an organized religion and how that has been warped to an extreme. Look too to our own belief in modern science if you like, because that is a belief system rigorously guarded by its own 'priesthood' where any non-mainstream idea is immediately rejected & ridiculed at the expense of true scientific inquiry. Who's kidding who here?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by sacgamer25

This is why I try to remember to tell all unbelievers at the end of my posts that I pray for them. Because I do love you all and I do want you to feel the same love in you that I have in me. And although through God all things are possible I don’t know how you will ever feel this love if you don’t have faith in Christ. So I pray for you because I wish to see you full of Joy like me.

sacgamer, you have again reinforced my admiration for you. Nevertheless, the second sentence above worthy of reply. I was reading your thoughtful post, and in nearly all things I agree with you on principle. Then I came to that one:

"I don't know how you will ever feel this love if you don't have faith in Christ."

I did feel that love, reading your post. I did! I got a warm, fuzzy feeling that reminded me -- actually rekindled in me -- the enlightenment and love that I found through studying the Tao. I am full of joy of the kind you describe. And I wish it for all people also...because it is truly an astonishing and freeing sensation. Just thought you'd be interested to know that....it can and does happen to people who believe that we are ALL Divine. ALL connected, part of the same One Universal Truth that is inexplicable and "passeth understanding."

It just was that the way I was taught Christianity didn't get me there. It was studying the Tao, on my own, as an adult. That was when I found enlightenment.

Namaste, brother.

I agree with you completely. I know that people somehow become loving without believing that the bible is the only way. The one example that Christians hate and have a tuff time explaining is Gandhi. Most Christians have condemned the loving Gandhi to hell. But let me show you something.

Christ said - For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." Mathew 12:50

Gandhi said –
If love or non-violence be not the law of our being, the whole of my argument falls to pieces.
The truth is that God is the force. He is the essence of life. He is pure and undefiled consciousness. He is eternal.
"As soon as we lose moral basis, we cease to be religious. there is no such thing
as religion overiding. man,for instance cannot be untruthful, cruel, or incontinent and
claim to have God in his side"
Whether humanity will consciously follow the law of love, I do not know. But that need not disturb me. The law will work just as the law of gravitation works, whether we accept it or not. The person who discovered the law of love was a far greater scientist than any of our modern scientists. Only our explorations have not gone far enough and so it is not possible for everyone to see all its workings.

You see I don’t know how you could read about Gandhi research the non violent life he lived and not believe that he was in fact being led by God. I don’t believe any man can come to realize what he did without God.

So when I say I don’t know how anyone could it is because I don’t fully understand the mysteries of God. But I do know that all things are possible for God. I do know that Gandhi by his own words read most of the major religions books, at minimum the bible and Koran. So I would say he was knocking and by some miracle the door appears to have been opened.

For my Christian brothers so that you may know that I believe that Jesus is the truth, I will give you the following 2 quotes.

I consider western Christianity in its practical working a negation of Christ’s Christianity. Gandhi
I worship God as Truth only. I have not yet found Him, but I am seeking after Him. Gandhi

You see Gandhi new that God was the truth and understood that love was the law of God but he never fully felt like he found God. I know that I have found God because he has revealed himself to me through his spirit. I don’t know if this fills me with anymore joy than that of Gandhi but knowing that God lives in me has to count for something. It is sad that Christians have made it nearly impossible for someone like Gandhi to convert to Christianity. Everyone that calls themselves a Christian needs to look in the mirror and take the forest out of their own eyes before trying to remove the speck out of their brother’s eye.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. Gandhi.

Again I do not know how this is possible but all things are possible by God. If I teach anything that limits God’s authority and condemns my brother to hell I have seated myself on the thrown of Christ. A place that I simply don’t deserve to sit. I pray that all believers and non believers hear this message and can find the peace that is found in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

reply to post by undo

I thought Adam & Eve were the only Humans Alive at that time.

Except just a little later Cain went off and found himself a wife...

that's cause adam is a plural word

not one man. but many adam, males and females, cloned in the image of the elohiym (plural word). sooo, the OT, or torah, starts with all the adam on the earth (many) and narrows down to the story of the descendants of a single adamic line. that means, essentially, that by the time cain's story is told, there are many other adamic races and he chooses a wife from among one of them

problem with the OT is, not many people will take the time to read what it actually says. they prefer to let someone else tell them, like college or high school or their buddy down the street or their church or synagogue or mosque or temple. goooo, read, learn. of course you need to have a handy concordance to know what the original words were, or else learn ancient hebrew

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

imo that was a crappy movie and this isn't about jesus specifically, its about christianity and what it is and teaches and does to people in the world.

its about faulty logic built upon the fallible word of man handed down generation by generation with an increasing message to fear the things that go against what it teaches.

and it is about how we raise generations with this christianity and how they are afraid to think outside of its box which in a way brainwashes them.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

But where's the truth in any of this? Science teaches us that the First Humans were from Africa. I choose Sciene over Fairytales any day.

All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve (who were created by God).

Evolution quite honestly doesn't hold up against science. The myth that christians are against science is atheist propaganda. Molecules to man is not scientificaly possible and there for should not be viewed as scientific fact.

Quite honestly it is in opposition to science. The science we can test and repeat and use our 5 senses to understand. Science demonstrates over time that living organisms lose genetic information they don't gain it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Prove that I am Christians are brainwashed.....

Really.....
Do you see how your Freudian slip led you back to the "team" mentality?

Thats part of the brainwashing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

science will soon be teaching you that the first people were from turkey. lol not that i know where they were from, i do believe the possibility they came out of africa, is just as likely as not, because, the earth is quite old, much older than 6000 years, and there were many cloned adam before there was a procreative adam
just wait, you'll see.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Prove that I am Christians are brainwashed.....

Really.....
Do you see how your Freudian slip led you back to the "team" mentality?

Thats part of the brainwashing.

haha thank you!, i love this.

and now he will say something about "atheists resorting to semantics" to try and change the focus. even though its the opposite that is true.
edit on 12/30/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

I am glad that you have done what you have done. I would say you should do the same thing for the theory of an old earth and evolution. You see I did this myself and I was astonished with all the lies we are told. There is no accurate way to date the age of the earth, as a matter of fact there is quite a lot of evidence that suggest the earth could be young. And the theory of Evolution should be called the theory of never ending assumptions.
If you or anyone can do these investigations with an open mind I believe you will come to the same conclusion that I did.

You can believe a story that is told by men based on so many things they simply assume to be true that it becomes more faith than believing in God. Or you can believe that God loved you enough to have Moses right to you the truth and preserve this truth in today’s bible.

I personally decided to trust God; the one that I know is a fact, over man that provides poor non provable evidence to support poor non provable theories.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Like I said Scientific Evidence disproves the creation story because Humans Came from Africa.

How do explain Hominids? I'm sure God would mention that.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

so believe in the word of man based upon assumptions based upon observable evidence.

or believe in god based upon... god.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve (who were created by God).

Evolution quite honestly doesn't hold up against science. The myth that christians are against science is atheist propaganda. Molecules to man is not scientificaly possible and there for should not be viewed as scientific fact.

Quite honestly it is in opposition to science. The science we can test and repeat and use our 5 senses to understand. Science demonstrates over time that living organisms lose genetic information they don't gain it.

There you go... being all wrong again.
To save myself the time and effort I'll quote off site this time and add some Links.

1.It is hard to understand how anyone could make this claim, since anything mutations can do, mutations can undo. Some mutations add information to a genome; some subtract it. Creationists get by with this claim only by leaving the term "information" undefined, impossibly vague, or constantly shifting. By any reasonable definition, increases in information have been observed to evolve. We have observed the evolution of:

*increased genetic variety in a population (Lenski 1995; Lenski et al. 1991)
*increased genetic material (Alves et al. 2001; Brown et al. 1998; Hughes and Friedman 2003; Lynch and Conery 2000; Ohta 2003)
*novel genetic material (Knox et al. 1996; Park et al. 1996)
*novel genetically-regulated abilities (Prijambada et al. 1995)

If these do not qualify as information, then nothing about information is relevant to evolution in the first place.

2. A mechanism that is likely to be particularly common for adding information is gene duplication, in which a long stretch of DNA is copied, followed by point mutations that change one or both of the copies. Genetic sequencing has revealed several instances in which this is likely the origin of some proteins. For example:
*Two enzymes in the histidine biosynthesis pathway that are barrel-shaped, structural and sequence evidence suggests, were formed via gene duplication and fusion of two half-barrel ancestors (Lang et al. 2000).
*RNASE1, a gene for a pancreatic enzyme, was duplicated, and in langur monkeys one of the copies mutated into RNASE1B, which works better in the more acidic small intestine of the langur. (Zhang et al. 2002)
*Yeast was put in a medium with very little sugar. After 450 generations, hexose transport genes had duplicated several times, and some of the duplicated versions had mutated further. (Brown et al. 1998)
The biological literature is full of additional examples. A PubMed search (at www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...… on "gene duplication" gives more than 3000 references.

3. According to Shannon-Weaver information theory, random noise maximizes information. This is not just playing word games. The random variation that mutations add to populations is the variation on which selection acts. Mutation alone will not cause adaptive evolution, but by eliminating nonadaptive variation, natural selection communicates information about the environment to the organism so that the organism becomes better adapted to it. Natural selection is the process by which information about the environment is transferred to an organism's genome and thus to the organism (Adami et al. 2000).

4. The process of mutation and selection is observed to increase information and complexity in simulations (Adami et al. 2000; Schneider 2000).

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So I a made a typo error and now you are using semantics in a vein attempt to discredit my character?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join