It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

How can you say that when Secularism is based off Logic and Reason and Religion deal with Fairytales and Stories that have been proven wrong time and time again?

exactly!

the sun orbits the earth, the earth is flat, god makes rainbows, witches. all products of religious idiocy and it was the logic and reason that showed the truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by LunaKat

Luna , you need to be a tad bit more respectful or do not post at all. It is getting old to see you spamming insults constantly.

There are plenty of other threads.

interestingly enough, i do not care for what you have to say, feel free to move along to another thread.

carry on luna

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

Luna , you need to be a tad bit more respectful or do not post at all. It is getting old to see you spamming insults constantly.

"Its getting old..." Then go away. No one has asked you to stay. I've been here since like the first page. Up until now been having good conversation with people here. But of course that was cause no one came in here till now spouting stuff that peoples deceased relatives are demonic influences.

By the way like 3 or 4 of you seemed to be here all at once with the same agenda...its against the rules to team up like that here.

edit on 30-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

Post something consturctive and stay on topic please. The thread is being Ruined by people speaking off topic , and spamming insults. You have agreed to the Terms of Use when you registered an account. If you do not like the Terms of Use then dont post anything. Seriously.

Luna , i am not the one breaking the terms you agreed to when you registered on the forums. Post something constructive or do not post at all.

Act like an Adult please.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

This thread is getting out of control. Insults should stop now and anything off topic. You should not be here to for non constructive purposes.

Absolutely. But we knew it was going to go off the rails from the first post.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Simple answer is I am a Christian. Christianity is not a cult, we follow the teachings of the true living God... Jesus Christ and we are saved by grace and faith alone. Catholics are not christians for the reason that they do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but worship a false God that they have made of Mary. This is by definition is a cult - worshipping anyone other than the true living God. They do not follow what the bible says.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

How can you say that when Secularism is based off Logic and Reason and Religion deal with Fairytales and Stories that have been proven wrong time and time again?

exactly!

the sun orbits the earth, the earth is flat, god makes rainbows, witches. all products of religious idiocy and it was the logic and reason that showed the truth.

it doesn't say the sun orbits the earth nor that the earth is flat (not in a global sense. they were talking about land, not the globe astronomers would not have been able to mark the times and seasons if they didn't know the earth was a globe), nor that god made the rainbow (other than perhaps removing an additional layer of atmosphere. i do believe it can be scientifically proven that the earth was once under a green house effect due to its cloud cover). as far as witches, there are many devout witches even today, so suggesting they are fairy tales is rather odd.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

This thread is getting out of control. Insults should stop now and anything off topic. You should not be here to for non constructive purposes.

Erm, I don't think it's "gettng old".....Luna is stating very reasonable things here. The people ramming their beliefs all up into other people's grills is what is getting old.

What do you define as a "constructive purpose"? Supporting the Christian Church?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by vogon42

Simple answer is I am a Christian. Christianity is not a cult, we follow the teachings of the true living God... Jesus Christ and we are saved by grace and faith alone. Catholics are not christians for the reason that they do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but worship a false God that they have made of Mary. This is by definition is a cult - worshipping anyone other than the true living God. They do not follow what the bible says.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

And according to the Jews who have many Scriptures about the God that started all of this, Jesus is a cult. Jesus is a false Messiah. I think they are absolutely correct.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No .. something partaining the Original post. In which this thread is for.

You have a "Create a Thread" function on the forums if you want to speak of another idea.

Also , it is not just Luna , it is the last several post.

Insults should simply stop.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Post something consturctive and stay on topic please. The thread is being Ruined by people speaking off topic , and spamming insults. You have agreed to the Terms of Use when you registered an account. If you do not like the Terms of Use then dont post anything. Seriously.

it was just as on topic as yours that i quoted. hypocrite, how very christian of you.

on topic huh? ok how about the last 25 pages of this thread are just proof of what the OP said. you and especially revelationdegeneration are the reason we question if christianity is brainwashing. you have no real depth and nothing logical to fall back on other than a book which you use to prove itself.

it is people like you two that give christianity a bad name as i would have no problem with it if its followers actually followed it and did not pass judgement. sometimes i wish it were all true just so that you people would have the pleasure of visiting hell.

we need less revelationgenerations and more evolutionrevolutions, we need a place where we are actually free and not held back by the ancient thinking of you religious nuts.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well lets look it at this way.....

1. The world is not 6000 years old

2. Snakes can't talk

3. The Noah's Arc story is impossible and is a fabrication of the Epic of Gildamesh Flood story.

And so on and so on. The Bible is not based in fact at all and has called much death (Crusades, Salem, Inquistion). Christianity has no use in our current society.

link   

You are still posting off topic if have not noticed. Please return to the Original thread discussion or start another one.

For example. I do not agree with the post abovet this .. but it was constructive and was no overly insulting.

link   

reply to post by wildtimes

No .. something partaining the Original post. In which this thread is for.

You have a "Create a Thread" function on the forums if you want to speak of another idea.

Also , it is not just Luna , it is the last several post.

Insults should simply stop.

This does pertain to the original post. It was OP experience with his Grandfather and Father that that creature called RevelationGeneration said was demonic. I am on topic as usual -- unless of course you haven't even read the first post.

link   
reply to post by LunaKat

well they were enlil folks and christians are enki folks that are kinda mixed up because somebody decided to put enlil stuff in with enki stuff and they are two entirely different approaches to what it means to be human.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Its more than obvious that the only people here with the agenda are the ones spamming hate pictures and acting really immaturely. That's what I love about atheists they get so mad at something they apparently don't believe in... Mention a few biblical truths and they just can't control themselves or act civilly.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

OK, dude, how about you take your brainwashed christian mind....and go some where else.

link   
You know something? You Christians must really be threatened by the truth if you need to gang up to come in here and start this. There is no way this is coincidence that you all popped in here at the same time, all with the same agenda. No possible way. You violated TOS.

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join