It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by dilly1

Squid face? Sounds like your mad that you can't make a valid argument so you have to resort to being a douche. But that's how some people are.

Lol,,promise you I am not mad. I just can't understand what the hell is that? . Is it an octopus holding two balls. His balls?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
Lol,,promise you I am not mad. I just can't understand what the hell is that? . Is it an octopus holding two balls. His balls?

I believe its an attempt at what some call a "spaghetti monster", but I'm not sure.

Can you clarify this for us zero?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deviousperky

Our stories are exactly the same and I know how your feeling. I suggest that you just tell your family what you think and wether they except that or not us solely their decisions.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by dilly1

I believe its an attempt at what some call a "spaghetti monster", but I'm not sure.

Can you clarify this for us zero?

Good call 42

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Do not attack me in a post or my beliefs. You are to post sensical thoughts and ideas. I dont know who you think you are but you are not above the ATS rules. I did not insult your intelligence or ideas in any way.

Also , it IS the same as brainwashing a kid to brush his teeth. You are telling him to do something he may not want to do , but for his betterment you teach him to do it. Though he has a choice to do it or not.

Brainwashing doesnt just fit your terms.

--- Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.

--- The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.

Christianity is like brushing your teeth. You dont have to do it .. but it is for your betterment. I believe.

If you could not comprehend my first post .. well you may want to get something examined.

Everything your family believes in is brainwashing. They had to teach you as a little child , did they not? They suggested things to you and punished you when you didnt follow their values.

Any belief can be considered brainwashing.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by dilly1

Do not attack me in a post or my beliefs. You are to post sensical thoughts and ideas. I dont know who you think you are but you are not above the ATS rules. I did not insult your intelligence or ideas in any way.

Also , it IS the same as brainwashing a kid to brush his teeth. You are telling him to do something he may not want to do , but for his betterment you teach him to do it. Though he has a choice to do it or not.

Brainwashing doesnt just fit your terms.

--- Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.

--- The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.

Christianity is like brushing your teeth. You dont have to do it .. but it is for your betterment. I believe.

If you could not comprehend my first post .. well you may want to get something examined.

Wrong! Its not the same . If you don't brush your teeth your teeth will rot, still have a choice but there is a "physical" consequence if you don't.. Key word is physical, which in your case you will never see that since jesus doesn't like the physical world..... But If you don't have faith in jesus nothing will happen to you. You see the difference.

Me attacking you or is it me opening you eyes. Grow some thick skin buddy.

How does it feel to be brainwashed cause you ended your post with the word "believe"...lol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Does Christianity forbid asking hard questions about its doctrines?

Not at all, we encourage it. I don't know why you would think that. Maybe so called Christian groups like the mormons do, but they are not really Christians at all.

Does Christianity forbid questioning of its leaders and their doctrine or behavior?

We only have one leader and that's Jesus Christ. We live our lives according to HIS behavior or atleast try the best we can to do that (we are not perfect, we live in a fallen world). Catholics will probably discourage questions being asked of there leaders, but they are not true christians.

Do Christians not target young people, the elderly, and others who might be vulnerable to exploitation?

No.

How can Christians be so sure they're right and everyone else is wrong? Isn't that arrogant? Isn't that evidence of a large ego?

Because Jesus Christ is the only man in history to ever beat death and do miracles that were seen by multitudes of witnesses and has the most historical evidence to support it, not forgetting the 48 prophecy's Jesus he personaly fulfilled in his life time, the odd's being about 1 in 10,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 000,000,000." Which is actually a higher number than the amount of estimated number of electrons in the universe. Also Buddha didn't rise from the dead, nor did Confucius or Zoroaster. Muhammad didn't fulfill detailed prophecy. Alexander the Great didn't raise the dead or heal the sick. And though there is far less reliable information written about them, people believed in them. Not to mention Jesus said he is the way the truth and the life.

Furthermore, if religions other than Christianity are valid ways to God, then one of Christianity's basic principles is false; in that case, can it still be said to be a valid, trustworthy religion?

There is only one valid way to God, and that's through his son Christ Jesus. Unfortunately the truth of the matter is that lots of people are going to hell, that's a simple reality. Jesus is the narrow path to heaven, he is the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the father accept through him.

Is Christianity is intolerant of other beliefs?

Some people can be intolerant, but that individual doesn't represent the whole of Christianity. To make an assumption based on one person is ignorant. The truth is Jesus didn't force anyone to accept him. But to deny Christ makes you an anti Christ and enemy of God.

If someone has a bad disease, telling them that they don't need to seek medical treatment, but to only trust in the Lord, is a wrong thing to do. Isn't it true that a Doctor can help, perhaps faster, and with better results, than prayer?

No Christians do that accept a group called The Church of Christ. Christian Science is a system of thought and practice derived from the writings of Mary Baker Eddy and the Bible. Most people consider them a cult though. Prayer can have wonderful results but it should never be used instead of seeking medical treatment this has no biblical basis. Your generalization once again show's how little you know about the true christian faith.

Whether or not basic Christianity is true or false is a topic of much debate

Only to people who are unsaved.

It is my contention that when a group, any group, claims to have an exclusive hold on TRUTH, we all tend to immediately doubt the claims of that group. Does Christianity make such a claim?

Jesus himself made it clear that he is the only way to eternal life. And you can ether choose to accept his gift or reject it.

The Romans kept meticulous records of everything, and there are no records bearing the name, or the execution of Jesus, to the best of my knowledge.

That is not true, and you should do some more research on the historical Jesus. Roman historian Flavius Josephus (c. A.D. 37 — 100) wrote about Jesus of Nazareth and so did many others.

It is my contention that this "historical evidence" is very poor evidence to believe in such extraordinary claims, like the claims Christians must believe in anyway. (or else!)

Well of course you would think the evidence is poor, you don't even wish to believe in a God even if all the evidence was layed out in front of you. The reason for this I think is obvious you have been demonic influence in your life which has hardened your heart. The evidence for Jesus is actually extraordinarily good, no other individual in the ancient world compares to it. This is the reason Christianity has lasted so long.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Do you have anything constructive to add to your post? You have resorted to simple attacks instead of combating the argument. Do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add besides insults.

By the way .. i shouldnt have to grow thick skin. I should not need it.

So i am just confirming you ignored the definition of brainwashing and replaced it with your own. Actually through your posting you seem ... abnormal. I wouldnt be surprised to know you were on recreational drugs at the moment with the way you are posting.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I myself have spoken of my Grandfather, who came to visit me, and took me with him for a night of travel and talking that enthralled me. I have also seen, and spoken to my Father, and two friends, all of whom are dead. I also have had conversation with ET Beings

Now I understand why your so vehemently against Christianity. It is because you have demonic influence in your life. The Bible says that there is no in-between, after death you face judgement and the result of that is heaven for the believer and hell for the non believer. The bible calls dead relatives "unclean spirits" they are demons (fallen angels) and are master of deception. They are also extraordinarily good at masquerading as relatives and aliens, they will get you to do anything so you don't follow Christ. Hence why your heart has been poisoned.

Those attempting to contact the dead, even to this day, usually have some sort of spirit guide who communicates with them. These are familiar spirits.

Leviticus 19:31; 20:6, 27; and Deuteronomy 18:9-14 refer to “mediums and familiar spirits” and forbids being involved with them, as they are an abomination to the Lord. The medium was one who acted as a “go-between” to supposedly contact or communicate with the dead, but in reality they were contacting demons who convinced the mediums that they were “familiar” and could be trusted and believed. The practices associated with mediums and familiar spirits were banned in Israel, and the punishment for practicing such things was death.

To this day, familiar spirits (demons) are under the control of their master, Satan. They influence people to spread lies and deceit in order to thwart the kingdom of God. Knowingly opening oneself to the work of demons is an evil thing: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD" (Deuteronomy 18:10-12a).

Some avenues through which demons, a.k.a. "familiar spirits," can gain entrance into a person's life are divination, transcendental meditation, visualization, necromancy, witchcraft, drugs, and alcohol. These are all activities that believers are exhorted, commanded even, to avoid. Instead, we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit, with love, with joy, and with the fullness of life that comes from Jesus Christ. We are also to be on guard, "for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:12).
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Not at all, we encourage it. I don't know why you would think that. Maybe so called Christian groups like the mormons do, but they are not really Christians at all.

OK, I have to ask.
Why is it there are several dozen different faiths/churches....what ever, that all call them selves christian (baptist, methodist, lutheran, catholic......and on and on)?

OK, so ignore the morman thing....I believe they have their own book.

And one group will say, "well THEY are not christian....we are"
When this entire thing is based on the SAME book???

Additionally I have heard many christians say you should not judge some one.....the judgement is left up to god.
Then why to they feel they have the right to judge other groups, saying they are not christian?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I myself have spoken of my Grandfather, who came to visit me, and took me with him for a night of travel and talking that enthralled me. I have also seen, and spoken to my Father, and two friends, all of whom are dead. I also have had conversation with ET Beings

Now I understand why your so vehemently against Christianity. It is because you have demonic influence in your life. The Bible says that there is no in-between, after death you face judgement and the result of that is heaven for the believer and hell for the non believer. The bible calls dead relatives "unclean spirits" they are demons (fallen angels) and are master of deception. They are also extraordinarily good at masquerading as relatives and aliens, they will get you to do anything so you don't follow Christ. Hence why your heart has been poisoned.

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone says they saw their deceased Grandfather and Father and you tell them they have a demonic influence????

What is the matter with you???? This is what your God is about? Well KEEP HIM!!!! I would tell you what I truly think of you but it would certainly get me banned. You are the lowest of the low RevelationGeneration or is this really COLBE?
edit on 30-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Actually Revelations does not say that.

There is a very interesting loophole in there, but I won't spoil your surprise.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

I think the question you should be asking is what is wrong with you, not what is wrong with me. I am just saying what the bible says on the matter. If you want to be deceived and believe these are actually deceased relatives then by all means live in a web of lies. But if you want to know the truth you will seek God and believe his word. The scriptures are infallible man is fallible. I think its more honourable for me to tell this gentlemen what he has really got himself involved in, then to let him be hurt by demons that only want to lie steal and destroy.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

I think the question you should be asking is what is wrong with you, not what is wrong with me. I am just saying what the bible says on the matter. If you want to be deceived and believe these are actually deceased relatives then by all means live in a web of lies. But if you want to know the truth you will seek God and believe his word. The scriptures are infallible man is fallible. I think its more honourable for me to tell this gentlemen what he has really got himself involved in, then to let him be hurt by demons that only want to lie steal and destroy.

Scriptures are not infallible, because they are from fallible men. Logic - even God has it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

This has to be Colbe..you speak the SAME.

GO BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUFFER AND BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP YOUR UGLY HORRIBLE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

1 Peter 3:15
but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.

Our God does not tell us to offend you on purpose .. but we cannot lie when we speak of the Bible .. or soften it. It is the word and truth must be told. Though ... im sure the poster could have used the word in a more gentle way.

Many Christians have faults .. and the Bible warns us not to reflect badly on our God as we become an obstruction to that person's salvation.

---------------------------

A demon can imitate a fallen loved one to give you hope life exist outside of God (Yahweh). I am not sure what your grandfather believed , but you are instantly with the Lord when you die in our belief system and there is no in between or coming back. He can greet you at the pearly gates. The Bible warns us to test the Spirits to see if they are of God (Yahweh). Im sure it wasnt the posters intention to offend you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I don't know. Being "filled with the holy spirit" sounds like possession to me.
We've all seen those videos of the twitching, screaming people speaking in tongues during service.

I don't know where you come from, but around here... that's called crazy.

Also, sourcing the bible to prove the bible isn't the best way to win a debate. That's like saying "I can prove Star Wars is real because I can quote the movie, and it takes place in space and on planets, and since planets and space exist, so must Naboo and Jar Jar Binx." What kind of case is that?

Annnnnd also not a cool thing to do?
Telling someone their deceased family members are demons.

eta> In regards to your little book of Grimm's Fairy Tales...

Pics or it didn't happen.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Speaking of your Fairy Tale Religion like you have Evidence to back up your Beliefs. You are the type of Christians that make Christianity look bad. You are Christian Arrogance Personified. I feel bad for you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the only thing worse than a christian is 2 christians.

why do you give them the pleasure of feeding their fire?!

i wish we could just all separate ourselves from this awful religion based society and have our own utopia. after a few months we'll see whos happier, better educated and more advanced socially and technologically. they will all realize they are living in a nazi-like camp once they realize they have no real freedom and everything is governed by their imaginary rules in their fairy tale book and the second they step out of line the other christians will be there to crucify them.

and we will be happy living free and doing as we please, getting along because there is no imaginary friend to compare and we will prosper and love.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join