It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Activity Watch 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
off site content,
"1960 AD - Gold and Hoyle: energy released in a flare previously stored in magnetic field.
1960 AD - Moreton observes flare explosion produces waves in the solar atmosphere.
1961 AD - Magnetopause boundary detected by Explorer 10 spacecraft.
1962 AD - Warwick discovers Polar Cap Absorption related to 10 million-Volt particles.
1963 AD - Eugene Parker calculates how magnetic reconnection might work in a solar flare.
1963 AD - Type IV radio flares are found to be related to proton acceleration.
1963 AD - Furth proposes a new process that leads to solar flares.
1964 AD - Petscheck concludes reconnection easily happens as fast as actual flare events.
1965 AD - AMPTE satellite detects the ring current
1966 AD - Fairfield and Cahill show magnetic activity determined by polarity of solar wind.
1967 AD - Alfven and Carlquist propose 'current disruption' process that act quickly.
1968 AD - OGO-5 satellite detects magnetic activity in the geotail region
1968 AD - Akasofu proposes that 'magnetic substorm' describe auroral changes
1968 AD - Bumba shows flares are common where two sunspot groups are merging.
1968 AD - Axford proposes a polar wind to replenish the plasmasphere
1968 AD - David Rust confirms that explosions occur in magnetic fields of sunspots.
1971 AD - Najita proposes hite light flares caused by bombardment of upper photosphere.
1971 AD - Lin and Hudson propose hard X-ray burst evidence for 100,000 volt electron beams.
1971 AD - Brown proposes flare model where electrical current flow down a magnetic loop.
1971 AD - OSO-7 satellite discovers 'Coronal transients'
1972 AD - August 4 - Apollo 17 major flare. Could have been lethal if astronauts in space.
1974 AD - Altschuler shows coronal magnetic field changes drastically around a flare region.
1989 AD - March 8-13 Major solar flare, X15 - Quebec Electrical Blackout
2001 AD - April 2 - Solar flare X20 - major flare
2003 AD - November 4 - Major X28 flare ends a period of solar storms which began October 28th.
2003 AD - November 11 Solar flare reproduced under laboratory conditions."source(www.solarstorms.org...
edit on 30-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: f

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I read that the magnetic poles on the sun are due flip sometime in February 2012.

Care to guess which day in February? Apparently, it happens - like clockwork - every
11 years.

----------
Heliophysics has arrived ! I found some great textbooks for those who have a passion for
the truth.

- Heliophysics 101 -

Another link here:
Heliophysics - A Universal Science

These textbooks should be mailed to Al Gores home.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I read that the magnetic poles on the sun are due flip sometime in February 2012. Care to guess which day in February? Apparently, it happens - like clockwork - every 11 years.
You mean on Feb 11?To be honest I think at that many times but I didn't find any a scientific evidence of it.Maybe one second for the Sun without a magnetic field will dilate him like sphere of fire without power

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I read that the magnetic poles on the sun are due flip sometime in February 2012. Care to guess which day in February? Apparently, it happens - like clockwork - every 11 years.
You mean on Feb 11?To be honest I think at that many times but I didn't find any a scientific evidence of it.Maybe one second for the Sun without a magnetic field will dilate him like sphere of fire without power

According to NASA..........February 15,2001...........it flipped.
NASA - News Flash 2001 -

My guess is Groundhog Day February 2, 2012.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

February 15,2001
There will be some calls if they have some info,then we must watch Denver.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

February 15,2001
There will be some calls if they have some info,then we must watch Denver.

I'm glad you mentioned the 1859 observation by Carrington.

It's also the most important CME to make a direct hit with the Earth.
The Carrington Event fried the telegraph lines.

There is great info at wiki on the Carrington Event.
There were no high voltage transformers to explode back then.

- It took 18 hours to get here -

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Hmm,It seems the era of darkness is related to satellite control static long range missile control CC center ,and all tactics ,without net but with back up power,and of course all civilian disruption.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hmm,It seems the era of darkness is related to satellite control static long range missile control CC center ,and all tactics ,without net but with back up power,and of course all civilian disruption.

If you're going with a back up power generator, i recommend a diesel generator version.
Diesel fuel lasts longer than gasoline. Kubota makes a quiet one.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

i recommend a diesel generator version
Thank you for your advice,I understand from personal view,but as looking at the problem from other angle there are other things that may need back up power.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I just checked Spaceweather.com.

We have yet another glancing blow hitting the Earth today January 7, 2012.

The animated gif reveals the truth. This should be the busiest year ever for
Space Weather.com.

They will be burning the midnight oil around December 2012.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

They will be burning the midnight oil around December 2012.
We never know what we can get from an expected event ,anyway not what we expect and when we expect,

TextParahydrogen-enhanced zero-field nuclear magnetic resonance

TextNuclear magnetic resonance, conventionally detected in magnetic fields of several tesla, is a powerful analytical tool for the determination of molecular identity, structure and function. With the advent of prepolarization methods and detection schemes using atomic magnetometers or superconducting quantum interference devices, interest in NMR in fields comparable to the Earth’s magnetic field and below (down to zero field) has been revived. Despite the use of superconducting quantum interference devices or atomic magnetometers, low-field NMR typically suffers from low sensitivity compared with conventional high-field NMR. Here we demonstrate direct detection of zero-field NMR signals generated through parahydrogen-induced polarization, enabling high-resolution NMR without the use of any magnets. The sensitivity is sufficient to observe spectra exhibiting 13C–1H scalar nuclear spin–spin couplings (known as J couplings) in compounds with 13C in natural abundance, without the need for signal averaging. The resulting spectra show distinct features that aid chemical fingerprinting.
source(www.nature.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Is this something to keep an eye on?

Crackling with C-class solar flares, a pair of active sunspots is emerging over the sun's northeastern limb. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory photographed the pair during the early hours of Jan. 15th: These sunspots have the potential for strong eruptions. Sunspot 1401 produced an M1-flare on Jan. 14th. Two days earlier, while it was still on the farside of the sun, sunspot 1402 produced a partially-eclipsed flare of uncertain magnitude that created waves of ionization in the atmosphere over Europe.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Is this something to keep an eye on?
Until now we don't have major events this year the sun is quiet...too quiet.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Thats what I thought. I don't pretend to be educated in this area at all, but from reading these posts, I thought we were in a solar max...so shouldn't there be more activity not less?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

so shouldn't there be more activity not less

TextSolar minimum refers to a period of several Earth years when the number of sunspots is lowest; solar maximum occurs in the years when sunspots are most numerous. During solar maximum, activity on the Sun and the effects of space weather on our terrestrial environment are high. At solar minimum, the sun may go many days with no sunspots visible. At maximum, there may be several hundred sunspots on any day.
source(www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa

Thats what I thought. I don't pretend to be educated in this area at all, but from reading these posts, I thought we were in a solar max...so shouldn't there be more activity not less?

Go to Spaceweather.com. Venus is getting blasted by CME.

Keep an eye on our sun. The magnetic poles should be flipping in about 1 month.

It happens like clock work.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

If it's like clockwork, why is the solar maximum nearly two years late?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If it's like clockwork, why is the solar maximum nearly two years late?

The magnetic poles flip on our sun every 11 years.

The last time the magnetic poles flipped was February 15, 2001.

Just add 11 years and you get February 15, 2012.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The flip coincides with solar maximum and minimum...

The original prediction for solar maximum was late 2011 to early 2012 and has since been put back to 2013...

It's highly unlikely that the sun will go from virtually zero activity to 2000 levels in a single month.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

The flip coincides with solar maximum and minimum...

The original prediction for solar maximum was late 2011 to early 2012 and has since been put back to 2013...

It's highly unlikely that the sun will go from virtually zero activity to 2000 levels in a single month.

Well, we won't have to wait long to find out how right or how wrong i am. It's less
than 1 month away.

- Our Sun Does a Flip -

edit on 17-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join