It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas every one.'SATAN CLAUSE'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's always the math that got me;

Let's assume that Santa only visits those who are children in the eyes of the law, that is, those under the age of 18. There are roughly 2 billion such individuals in the world. However, Santa started his annual activities long before diversity and equal opportunity became issues, and as a result he doesn't handle Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children. That reduces his workload significantly to a mere 15% of the total, namely 378 million. However, the crucial figure is not the number of children but the number of homes Santa has to visit. According to the most recent census data, the average size of a family in the world is 3.5 children per household. Thus, Santa has to visit 108,000,000 individual homes. (Of course, as everyone knows, Santa only visits good children, but we can surely assume that, on an average, at least one child of the 3.5 in each home meets that criterion.)

That's quite a challenge. However, by traveling east to west, Santa can take advantage of the different time zones, and that gives him 24 hours. Santa can complete the job if he averages 1250 household visits per second. In other words, for each Christian household with at least one good child, Santa has 1/1250th of a second to park his sleigh, dismount, slide down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, consume the cookies and milk that have been left out for him, climb back up the chimney, get back onto the sleigh, and move on to the next house. To keep the math simple, let's assume that these 108 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth. That means Santa is faced with a mean distance between households of around 0.75 miles, and the total distance Santa must travel is just over 75 million miles. Hence Santa's sleigh must be moving at 650 miles per second -- 3,000 times the speed of sound. A typical reindeer can run at most 15 miles per hour. That's quite a feat Santa performs each year.......cont'd

The Mathematics of Christmas

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I always thought that the whole 'santa knows' brewhaha was a side effect of group paranoia....and when you think about it, it does sound pretty damned creepy knowing that this large elderly man would enter your house at night when everyone is asleep and do who knows what in your house then leave presents... enough to give one the willies!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
If you don't like christmas, then gtfo.

Fair enough if you want to complain about it, or don't like it, but keep it to yourself. There are some people for whom Christmas time is a special time, a time to see family maybe once a year, a time for celebration and peace.

Go and spread your negativity elsewhere.

vvv

Its negative to only see your family one time a year...when gifts are envolved,and half of the family probaly doesnt even like you..or you probaly dont like them.

By the way,what are you celebrating?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
lol....rotfl....snort.....
Awesome video....thanks for the laughs!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

No. I get what you're saying, but the argument revolves around Coca-Cola creating Santa Claus. I've clearly shown they neither created the look, the traditions, or the name. So how in the hell did Coca-Cola "create Santa"?

I guess they created Santa Claus the same way Christianity created its religion; they stole every idea, tradition, and symbol, and look involved, put a patent on it and claimed they invented it. Yeah... that sounds about right.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

yeah........your argument is kinda like the whole jesus virgin birth thing.....not very original......or moses with his 7 days of creation VS what he was taught as a boy from Sumarian/ later babylonian 7 books of creation......

I wouldnt even credit the original source since almost everything has an older origin than folklore or oral tradition can remember.....all invented for some silly reason....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Its Santa CLAUS...not Santa Clause [which is a trashy American film].

Claus comes from the name Klaus. A 'clause' is an added small print on a contract. Seriously, during this merry time I cringe every time someone uses it wrong.

CLAUS, CLAUS, CLAUS!!!

edit on 20-12-2011 by Hecate666 because: for stuff

I use to all ways ask my self...'how did humans conjure so much evil into this world before good'.
So I looked and studied the history of humans, and there beliefs, and false idol, its seems that the more you believe in false idols the more it’s possible to conjure them into this realm of existence.

I would not dare give Santa clause the respect by acknowledging him as something of importance…so (*&^^ his name, his harpy troll elves, and his rabies infected reindeers.

I woudnt dare bring the evil spirits around me as if I love ..satan, clause

‘Write his name correct as if he is important’…are you serious!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Why do people celebrate Christmas and tell there kids about…‘SATAN CLAUSE’?

At first, I thought this whole thing was just meant in fun, then realized, I think you're being serious...that being said:

Where I come from, people celebrate Christmas either to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ into the world, or, simply as a secular holiday of giving. I highly doubt anybody, outside of satanists, discusses "Satan Claus" with "there" kids.

And when is Jesus birthday?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
I'm not implying paganism is better than Christianity. I am only advocating that paganism gave birth to Christianity, and not just in Christmas or Easter, but in every aspect of what defines Christianity. My spiritual beliefs transcend both paganistic beliefs and abrahamic religions. Sacrifice? No. Tithing? No. Giving and Teaching? Absolutely.

I am sorry my friend, but paganism did not give birth to Christianity.

Christianity is an amalgamation of Paganism, Judaism, and the teachings of Christ. The various sects of Christianity differ on which ingredients from each group they adhere to. For example, Jehovahs witnesses do not celebrate the holidays but focus on what Christ taught. Catholicism is rich in pagan symbolism and even adopted the ritual and traditions of paganism. Some fundamentalist Christian sects have revived the laws of leviticus (as long as they agree of course).

So to pigeon whole Christianity into the absolute, it was born from paganism, is not accurate when you consider that the original sect who followed after Jesus had nothing to do with paganism.

What the Catholic church did to the teachings of Christ was a usurpation of his teachings of liberty, equality, and love. The pagan elements were simply added to make the new forced converts feel more at home in the new religion of the empire.

Christianity as we know it today is suffering an identity crisis. "Christian" can mean you believe just about anything so long as you do not have to actually demonstrate your belief.

It is not their fault though. So much has been obscured about the history of mankind, it is no wonder we cannot get along.

We do not even know who we are any more, much less who our neighbor is. Thus we fail to care for either.

Christ's teachings were simple.

The father is within you, and all others.

He will guide you and teach you what you need to know about him.

Therefore, love one another, do not judge one another, and do the best to serve him and mankind in accordance with your conscience (the father within).

That is far from paganism which demands wrote memorization of what others say is God's/Goddesses word and submission to the middle man of the priest class. Sounds like Catholicism huh?

Now I do not say these things to disparage anyone's faith. What ever you believe, act like you believe it, and allow others the freedom to listen to the voice of God within them.

Damn we are a backward mixed up species right now.

Traditions are great. But they are hard to break away from and thus keep a people chained to one moment in time.

Why can't Satan Claws come in July?

Why not light the Yule log in November?

Ah, but traditions originally began as a way of venerating our ancestors. A way of keeping them here with us in some small way.

Honoring the ancestors is a bit of my motiff. Perhaps I will start a thread on that soon.

Have a great Holiday my friend. May you and yours be blessed.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 20-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
santa never visits the poor on christmas eve,

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
santa never visits the poor on christmas eve,

And that to me is the most important thing about christmas,giving to the needy and poor,but its gone.
edit on 20-12-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Satan...

Theres not much really to say about "him," he is really just our programmer, the architect. All those "comforts of life" you enjoy...

CHRISTmas

Santa/Satan

They are both involved arent they...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
I'm not implying paganism is better than Christianity. I am only advocating that paganism gave birth to Christianity, and not just in Christmas or Easter, but in every aspect of what defines Christianity. My spiritual beliefs transcend both paganistic beliefs and abrahamic religions. Sacrifice? No. Tithing? No. Giving and Teaching? Absolutely.

I am sorry my friend, but paganism did not give birth to Christianity.

Christianity is an amalgamation of Paganism, Judaism, and the teachings of Christ. The various sects of Christianity differ on which ingredients from each group they adhere to. For example, Jehovahs witnesses do celebrate the holidays but focus on what Christ taught. Catholicism is rich in pagan symbolism and even adopted the ritual and traditions of paganism. Some fundamentalist Christian sects have revived the laws of leviticus (as long as they agree of course).

So to pigeon whole Christianity into the absolute, it was born from paganism, is not accurate when you consider that the original sect who followed after Jesus had nothing to do with paganism.

What the Catholic church did to the teachings of Christ was a usurpation of his teachings of liberty, equality, and love. The pagan elements were simply added to make the new forced converts feel more at home in the new religion of the empire.

Christianity as we know it today is suffering an identity crisis. "Christian" can mean you believe just about anything so long as you do not have to actually demonstrate your belief.

It is not their fault though. So much has been obscured about the history of mankind, it is no wonder we cannot get along.

We do not even know who we are any more, much less who our neighbor is. Thus we fail to care for either.

Christ's teachings were simple.

The father is within you, and all others.

He will guide you and teach you what you need to know about him.

Therefore, love one another, do not judge one another, and do the best to serve him and mankind in accordance with your conscience (the father within).

That is far from paganism which demands wrote memorization of what others say is God's/Goddesses word and submission to the middle man of the priest class. Sounds like Catholicism huh?

Now I do not say these things to disparage anyone's faith. What ever you believe, act like you believe it, and allow others the freedom to listen to the voice of God within them.

Damn we are a backward mixed up species right now.

Traditions are great. But they are hard to break away from and thus keep a people chained to one moment in time.

Why can't Satan Claws come in July?

Why not light the Yule log in November?

Ah, but traditions originally began as a way of venerating our ancestors. A way of keeping them here with us in some small way.

Honoring the ancestors is a bit of my motiff. Perhaps I will start a thread on that soon.

Have a great Holiday my friend. May you and yours be blessed.

With Love,

Your Brother

Well said
2nd line

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by violet
santa claus' red suit originated from Coca Cola Ads

red suit origin

I always thought it was from German origins, but see no reason to think it could not be earlier. Who wrote the first tale with Santa CLAUS involved? Other than that no real mysteries.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

The red suit is older and is associated with St Nicholas, who was a cardinal and cardinals wear red robes, just like the red bird by the same name.
southtownstar.suntimes.com...

Interesting the Satan is also known as Old Nick. Wonder how he comes by that name.

In English, the Devil has a number of epithets, including Old Scratch and Old Nick.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Awww, look at all the people boo-hooing about Christmas. Seriously, get over it or stay out of it, easy. Some people just like to suck the joy out of everything.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Happy Holidays, winter........whatever you celebrate.

May you have enough food in your tummy, a warm bed, someone to share some joy with and peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

how the pagans’ turned such a lovely time of the year’ to one of the most depressing times of the year, I will never celebrate Christmas again.

I hope you realise that the pagans started the celebration first and that Christians hijacked it and turned it into a celebration of the birth of their "saviour"

Otherwise, please go back to school and learn things before posting

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

how the pagans’ turned such a lovely time of the year’ to one of the most depressing times of the year, I will never celebrate Christmas again.

I hope you realise that the pagans started the celebration first and that Christians hijacked it and turned it into a celebration of the birth of their "saviour"

Otherwise, please go back to school and learn things before posting

It was a popular time of the year to celebrate. Want to call it "Pagan" then go right ahead. It precedes Pagan. Then the Pagans stole it?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Apparently someone got a chunk of coal in their stocking.

That or maybe was never a kid.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A lot of holidays are celebrated throughout all of the religions and and tribal civilizations during the time of year the days are the shortest, have you ever wondered why?

Or do you think the accounts of such holidays celebrated actually happened during that time of year?

It's simple human nature to find some kind of strength in the darkest of times.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join