It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas every one.'SATAN CLAUSE'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
all holidays are made up at one point or another....mothers day....not as celebrated in the US which came much later....but when invented by the french at the turn of the century was made to fight for the right to life alongside the church....celebrate the family unit and the womans role in it.....so why bother going insane over this stuff....if you look back far enough it all starts with a one sided motive.....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
santa claus' red suit originated from Coca Cola Ads

red suit origin

I always thought it was from German origins, but see no reason to think it could not be earlier. Who wrote the first tale with Santa CLAUS involved? Other than that no real mysteries.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Merry Yule.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

Elves, and reindeer, red and white, hearths, hanging stockings... Siberian.
Santa? Germany, Ireland, Siberia, Russia, and about a thousand tribes from ancient Europa, Asia Minor, Northern Africa, and all of them hundreds of years older than Coca-Cola.

Google is your friend. Stop drinking the kool-aid... or Coke in this instance.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Someone here said christmas was the biggest scam in the history. My friend,religion is the biggest scam in the history.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

The pagan gods were not born on Dec 25. The ritual celebration was timed to the seasonal changes that the people observed. As the sun began to increase its daylight hours on Dec 21/22, it was looked upon as a time of birth.
At the summer solstice on Jun 21 it is the longest day of the year, from that day onward until Dec 21 the daylight hours are decreasing each day until the shortest day of Dec 21. In December when the cycle reverses itsefl the sun (Son/ God) is "born" and the daylight hours start to increase.
The pagan relegions were simple, nature based beliefs that were formed around the natural occurances during the planting and growing seasons and the dark seasons. They placed great importance on the moon and the godess that was represented by the moon. Today I saw a program on Discovery Science channel and they talked about our planet and the relationship between us and our moon. According to some scientists without the moon the planet would have 4 hour days, be plagued by constant hurrican force winds and have an atmosphere that was completely toxic to us. The old country folk didnt know it (not the way we do now) but the moon is absolutely essential for our existance. ( kind of like a mother no?)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

How in the hell…does Santa no if I am naughty or nice…and how in the &^%$ does he know when, I am sleeping or awake.
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Santa has this special electronic device silly! (From a idea I concocted as a child)

He holds a probe against the door of the sleeping child inside. If the device flashes green, the child is asleep, if red, the child is awake and/or naughty and not deserving of presents. That is all.

edit on 20/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

NO HE DOESNT ! He has a magic mirror he looks into. He sees our faces and knows our thoughts. ( from an idea I had as a child LOL)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
I fully agree with the evil roots of Christmas, it is obvious. Red suit, comes at night, through fire - or wherever fire should be made - bringing us physical junk to enjoy - while putting aside spiritual thoughts - the star of Baal-Vomit and all. Not belonging to christian or pagan or any other religion, I really don't care at all. The spelling is somewhat wrong though. It could be improved to Satan's Claws

edit on 20-12-2011 by trisvonbis because: Whatever...

Or like our cat when he gets out of his litter box. He has Sandy Claws.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I prefer Father Christmas in his green suit to this *waves hands in the air* Santa Clause in his red one..

I have often wondered what happens if they bump into each other on Christmas eve! do they get into a fight?

No its more like a Santa and a Anti Santa, they collide and cancel each other out.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

red suit origin

False.

First appearance of the Coca Cola Santa [1931]

Thomas Nast Santa [1855]

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Why do people celebrate Christmas and tell there kids about…‘SATAN CLAUSE’?

At first, I thought this whole thing was just meant in fun, then realized, I think you're being serious...that being said:

Where I come from, people celebrate Christmas either to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ into the world, or, simply as a secular holiday of giving. I highly doubt anybody, outside of satanists, discusses "Satan Claus" with "there" kids.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Elves, and reindeer, red and white, hearths, hanging stockings... Siberian.
Santa? Germany, Ireland, Siberia, Russia, and about a thousand tribes from ancient Europa, Asia Minor, Northern Africa, and all of them hundreds of years older than Coca-Cola.

Google is your friend. Stop drinking the kool-aid... or Coke in this instance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Elves, and reindeer, red and white, hearths, hanging stockings... Siberian."

yes----and all this imagery was copied by coca-cola...mind you they did not invent SIBERIA....but did copy some imagery from it I guess...

"Germany, Ireland, Siberia, Russia, and about a thousand tribes from ancient Europa, Asia Minor, Northern Africa, and all of them hundreds of years older than Coca-Cola."

yeah.....the whole world is older than santa.......ture....yet coca-cola and santa were not in ancient Europa, asia minor, northern africa, etc etc......santa did not exist untill he was made or REBORN this century...
he may have predecessors in all these places......shoot.....Enki and mardok and satan and i am i am may have been the other guys......but from santa on it was a coca-cola invention....for marketing.....like when the image of christ was updated to its current vision......

that guy we all see actually lived after christ yet HIS image is the one we accept as true.....image of jesus.....google that......
edit on 20-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Merry Capitalistmas everyone.

Ho-ho-hoard!

I need toys, i need expensive shoes, i need this, i need that.

You need the air that is given to you that, by buying these things, driving your giant cars, you slowly take away from yourself.

You need the roof over your head, which is likely to become harder to pay for because Earth may have given you all of herself to live upon freely, but this system we have sure wont let you get by scott free! Not, even, CLOSE.

You need the food and water that sustains you like the Hydrogen inside the Sun, despite these companies that you've been supporting every christmas are simply feeding this systematic thing, which in turn, feeds you slow poisoning food and water.

Good riddance, Satan Claws.

Just try sending a note out to family...please don't send gifts but instead find a needy family in your area and surprise them with our gifts! Thank you and we will be doing the same.

Everyone will be angry...they who do not need anything actually feel slighted if you don't send stuff! Even meaningless STUFF they will throw out soon.

If anyone believed the Christmas thing they would be giving to strangers that cannot even thank them not family that have all they need just so they can rave about what you gave them or spoiled kids who will waste whatever it is and often complain it was not enough or not what they wanted!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Find where the tree of knowledge also bore apples along with that knowledge. I am not a student of the bible but I am pretty sure it never mentions apples. Eve ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, She consumed knowledge she was not supposed to have, she didnt eat an apple and then pass the core to Adam. She learned and then she told her husband what she learned.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I'm not implying paganism is better than Christianity. I am only advocating that paganism gave birth to Christianity, and not just in Christmas or Easter, but in every aspect of what defines Christianity. My spiritual beliefs transcend both paganistic beliefs and abrahamic religions. Sacrifice? No. Tithing? No. Giving and Teaching? Absolutely.

It would seem that we have much in common, except that I do celebrate holidays; not so that I may be better one day than the next, but because I find solace in traditions, in celebrating seasons, and cycles, and because I like greenery, but I don't necessarily want a tree in my living room for 12 months if you know what i mean. Traditions are a good thing. I don't think you would/could knock that idea.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

See my post 2 posts above your last one. A "Santa" 80 years older than Coca-Cola's Santa.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

red suit origin

I always thought it was from German origins, but see no reason to think it could not be earlier. Who wrote the first tale with Santa CLAUS involved? Other than that no real mysteries.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

The red suit is older and is associated with St Nicholas, who was a cardinal and cardinals wear red robes, just like the red bird by the same name.
southtownstar.suntimes.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

you seem to be missing what I am saying here....its like arguing that uncle sam isnt an american icon because the english had another version first.....

1915- Britain’s greatest general Earl Horatio Kitchener the Sirdar of Omderman drowned when the HMS Hampshire was sunk by a German mine in the English Channel. The British recruiting poster with the image of Kitchener pointing at you with fierce eyes fixed saying I WANT YOU! was later copied by American James Montgomery Flagg, substituting Uncle Sam for the general. Kitchner was Secretary for War but by this time had lost much of his influence in government. P.M. Lord Asquith was moved to comment "the man makes a better poster than a leader". tomsito.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"I don't care who you are cowboy, get them reindeer off my roof!"

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When my kids were little, we did an "every other" Christmas thing. One year was "gifts", the other was "trips together." Those trips we took (skiing) were FAR more memorable than any of the "gifts" that would eventually end up under their beds or put up for rehoming in a garage sale.

Time with loved ones is what matters. I think it's a travesty that the whole thamned ding has become a capitalist competition.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join