It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Where Congress Is Not Willing To Act, We're Going To Go Ahead And Do It Ourselves"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The current Congress is jockying for position.

The Dems are being careful not to associate themselves with anything negative about Obama.

They fear the 2012 election.

They fear a massive landslide and coat tail effect.

The Repubs are sitting back and waiting for more self descruction by Obama and any Dem that supports Him.

Many voters will vote a "straight" Repub ticket next year, out of spite and anger if nothing else.

Wait until we see a clear Repub nominee. That's when the real fun will start.

If SLObama does anything "on their own" that ends up being negative to the majority, all the Dems will be blamed.

edit on Dec-15-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
this post is dishonest at best.

You do that all the time .. all over the boards ... go around accusing anyone who disagrees with you of telling lies. I understand that you've only been here two weeks and all ... but seriously .... this is absurd.

The biggest attack you guys have against Obama is that he has not done anything.

Not even close. His 'spread the wealth' marxism permeates everything he does.
His tax and spend push ... his UNSUSTAINABLE Obamacare .... his lies ... his lies ... his lies ....
Oh ... did I mention his LIES?
Whatever happened to his 'no lobbiest will find a job in my White House' campaign promise? EH?? :shk:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
this is nothing but a scripted act to divide - if people would understand that the united states of america is not a country but a federal corporation and congress is there but to keep the people divided - i mean they work for this corporation - the 50 states are not even a part of this federal corporation which consist of only washington, dc -

i could provide links but folks - if you are really interested you will do the digging - it will be worth it -

obama has been selling hope since before he went into office -

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Question : What is happening to this country?

Answer : "The Israelization of America!"

Source : prorevnews.blogspot.com...

F.T.G.

edit on 15-12-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul represents truth!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Didn't see this posted. In an interview with KOAA-TV, a local news channel from Colorado Springs, Colorado, President Obama says if Congress is not willing to pass legislation he wants, he will do it himself in order to win another term. This appears to be turning into a hostile takeover. Along with the defense spending bill that gives him unconstitutional authority to use the military to enforce what he wants.

Real Clear Politics

This is exactly why we can't have nice things.
And why we need to take another shot of vodka

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Notice the speed of the changes. The pace is amazing, you can tell it's getting closer to the end of the race. Yeah, Obama said he would Veto Detaining Americans without rights, but actually made sure it was in the bill and didn't veto it. Anything he DOES is bad. Him having these new delusions of power is bad. That congress lets him is bad. It's all bad.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am confused, how can the president pass anything? I thought he can only veto a law by not signing it, not write it up and pass it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
And if this had been Ron Paul saying this exact same thing, 98% of ATS would be praising him and bowing down to him.

LOL! You think Paul would say this?!?

Really now.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Good for him.

About time someone does something about this farce of a Congress. They do nothing but complain.

Kind of like ATS

Seriously though, our current government is in total disarray. From lobbying running the legislation, to political headbutting which leads to nothing being done. In all honesty do you guys think Obama wants to be a dictator?

It's one thing to hate the guy for whatever reason, but to say he wants to be a dictator because he wants to make something happen in the wake of Congress continually doing nothing is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

I don't think Obama necessarily has America's best interest in mind. Not by any means. I'm not too sure where he stands. He is a strange and misleading man. Hard to figure out.
- What I do know is that Congress' sole ambition of getting Obama out of office is doing nothing for the country. It's extremely counterproductive. None of the hundreds of politicians are thinking of us citizens. It's really truly sad. Congress is so bent on not letting any of Obama's bills pass, and having the country run into the ground just to have him serve one term is disturbing.

When did it become OK to hurt your country for any reason?

"Screw" him: When it comes to the inept clowns(onboth"sides") running this govt. "gridlock"("chaos" and "doing nothing") is a far preferable result than letting them "fundamentally change"(a.k.a. "dick with"(socialize?)) America.See you fail to perceive the broader view: a.k.a." Obstruction"and or "progress"solely depends on your personal point of view

edit on 15-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Funny how he always says "we".

Who?

I thought there was only one POTUS?

Unless ......

An evil twin split personality?

See through mirrors?

I wonder if KObama talks to himself?

The evil twin is imaginary. It's a voice with no body, but hemorages cash to those that can help it in it's seemingly diabolical agenda to rid the world of the US Constitution , the leash it kept on government and the rights it grants to its citizens. This 'evil twin' is the POTUS DC politicians are representing in the name of democracy. At least, most of them. Am I wrong?
edit on 15-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And if this had been Ron Paul saying this exact same thing, 98% of ATS would be praising him and bowing down to him.

Ron Paul would never say something like this. He understands how the 3 branches of government are supposed to work, as designed in the Constitution. He has always said the president can't just use "executive orders" to get around the legislative branch.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks Beez. Here's yer star, and if you want a cold one early
for coffee sometime, try a can of those brand name super blends.
I'm partial to that "goddess" mocha, it's like Carnation Instant
Dinner with nitromethanol. They say '..no more than three a day';
but if I drink four in a hurry I laugh uncontrollably and start filling
out the election judge application attached to everybody's card.
I will make a difference in the world; by dividing and Cronkite I
will eventually outnumber them. Hope my Johnny Mnemonic
can take the stress... "Hit me". Wait Windows just said I'm
almost out of drive space. Damn, can't even defrag a temporal.
Back to reality /sarc/ I wonder where this will end, because I
have an old friend who's finishing his Ph.D. in Political Science
this mid-term-- he still can't tell me what the CFR or Trilateral
Commission is. (If I misspelled the Trilateral's Comissariat wrong
it's probably time for me to get committed.) Would you co-sign if
I get caught sharpening my teaspoons after I'm laid off? I can't
afford a syringe for the obligatory Sweet-and-Low-I.Q. to take the
edge off the extra guar gum, carageenan, and casein derivatives
they call milk solids in this designer speed slurry. It IS amazing
how subjective the word 'tasty' is... so's this OP. More crowbill.
Pok. It's OK Yorik cashed his chips in '86, but his beak rocks on.

Thanks again-- Your sense of humor is sometimes the only cause
for my midday's premature but neccessary undergarment exchange.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What's new..This lying,foreign national, Barry Hussein Harrison J. Bounel Barack Soetoro Obama has been doing this from day #1 and getting away with it and now he's really pouring on his Alinsky mode ,to the max!
Obama's Con-Jobs Still Working & Fools Still Follow!

And only fools will follow!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Tell me you are not dredging up the tired: "you're all just a bunch of RACIST REDNECKS! reply??? Are you?That's so 2010!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
I am confused, how can the president pass anything? I thought he can only veto a law by not signing it, not write it up and pass it.

He is admitting to being a rogue dictator.

Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sadly this is not new rhetoric coming from the White House and President Obama. There have a number of statements similar to this effect; in which Mr. Obama has alluded to his perceived power to sidestep the clear enumerated powers given to separate branches of the Federal Government.

While the notion does raise eyebrows, the threat is veiled and vague to "go ahead and do it ourselves." One though must consider the Bureaucratic Federal Government and the massive amounts of Departments that reside within the Executive Branch to realize that Congress has allowed and created this mess for a president who has enough balls to even consider such a move.

It shall be interesting if and when President Obama attempts a unilateral move -- via regulatory means through the various departments that he is responsible for.

------------------------------

Forget it, why even try to bring a calm perspective to ATS anymore -- DICTATOR! TYRANT! Down with the Bloody Red Queen!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by truthRconsequences357

Any excuse to interject the already debunked and disproven Birther crap! Serious?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

43 did the same thing you are accusing Obama of doing yet have the audacity to say something now! Kidding me?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

43 did the same thing you are accusing Obama of doing yet have the audacity to say something now! Kidding me?

I am sorry -- let me travel back in time, find this site while President Bush was in office so I can express my disdain then too. Immaculate, you are smart but really sometimes I believe you don't use that brain-finger connection at times.

Interesting is I came in this thread without a knee-jerk reaction....yet this is line of argument you want to pursue?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Have you figured out why the need to go above Congress even became an option? Thanks to the "Do Nothing 112th Congress"!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join