It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Where Congress Is Not Willing To Act, We're Going To Go Ahead And Do It Ourselves"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted. In an interview with KOAA-TV, a local news channel from Colorado Springs, Colorado, President Obama says if Congress is not willing to pass legislation he wants, he will do it himself in order to win another term. This appears to be turning into a hostile takeover. Along with the defense spending bill that gives him unconstitutional authority to use the military to enforce what he wants.

Real Clear Politics

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
you think something like that would make bigger news but no not on any main stream news site that I seen, thanks for sharing this :-)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In other words, "I'll be a dictator if I want to be." What an egotistical jerkface. Seriously, Obama has the most elitist attitude I believe I've ever seen from an American president. But then most psychopaths do.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Getting scarry now. Next the Idiot-in-Chief"ll be saying he's got too much work to do so he'll suspend elections for this go around.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Kinda funny, FDR, Woodrow Wilson, and the rest of the rats have pulled the same shiazzle and nothing was said. But Obama wants to change the U.S. and it its national news? hmm, has it always been that way, the aristrocrats in charge changing the nation-state in which we live in, but this time, the fiefs, now have a little symbolic retrobution called the internet, and now the the fiefs know that the laws are litigated and have always been by the bankers-enligtened ones

Interesting

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Obama is the only one that even thought about using US forces in the manner described in that defense bill. Obama is the only only who wants the ability to lock up and torture anyone on a whim and not be held accountable. Read the Declaration of Independence. This is why we broke from europe.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Funny how he always says "we".

Who?

I thought there was only one POTUS?

Unless ......

An evil twin split personality?

See through mirrors?

I wonder if KObama talks to himself?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Good for him.

About time someone does something about this farce of a Congress. They do nothing but complain.

Kind of like ATS

Seriously though, our current government is in total disarray. From lobbying running the legislation, to political headbutting which leads to nothing being done. In all honesty do you guys think Obama wants to be a dictator?

It's one thing to hate the guy for whatever reason, but to say he wants to be a dictator because he wants to make something happen in the wake of Congress continually doing nothing is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

I don't think Obama necessarily has America's best interest in mind. Not by any means. I'm not too sure where he stands. He is a strange and misleading man. Hard to figure out.
- What I do know is that Congress' sole ambition of getting Obama out of office is doing nothing for the country. It's extremely counterproductive. None of the hundreds of politicians are thinking of us citizens. It's really truly sad. Congress is so bent on not letting any of Obama's bills pass, and having the country run into the ground just to have him serve one term is disturbing.

When did it become OK to hurt your country for any reason?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Getting scarry now. Next the Idiot-in-Chief"ll be saying he's got too much work to do so he'll suspend elections for this go around.

The stage is set. If he looses the nomination for President, he has plenty of time to suspend elections and take over the Fed. If he wins the nomination and looses the election in November he still has plenty of time to suspend the Constitution and become Dictator, and...If he wins the election in Nov. He will be able to slowly takeover the country without fanfare. No matter how you slice it. Obama could indeed do exactly as you have pointed out.
He can indeed suspend, and control. No doubt the stage has been set for just exactly as you have said.
DH

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Thank goodness!
*whew*
I thought to myself, "If we get just one more president who adheres to the Constitution and rule of law, I'm just going to explode"!

We need a dictator.

We need a ruthless, narsisistic, egocentric SOB to take over the country. We need martial law and a dictator who decrees laws at a whim. We need someone who takes away all of our freedoms, our liberties, our god-given rights.

We need a dictator who will decide what we eat, what we smoke, what we drink, where we live, where we work, what we watch, what we read, what we listen to.

We need a monotone colourless landscape where everyone is equal. To hell with achievement. Screw success. I'm sick and tired of working every day. Let some rich bastard who makes more than me, PAY ME, instead!

We need 40 more years of Obama.

(haven't had coffee yet, rather grumpy)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
In other words, "I'll be a dictator if I want to be." What an egotistical jerkface. Seriously, Obama has the most elitist attitude I believe I've ever seen from an American president. But then most psychopaths do.

/TOA

You know better than this and this post is dishonest at best. Anyone that actually thinks Obama can just decide to be a dictator raise your hand.
Anyone?
So no, that is not happening.
Now for some reality.
Our last president did what he wanted regardless of Congress, Senate, Supreme Court, and the American people.
The biggest attack you guys have against Obama is that he has not done anything.
Now tie that all together for me.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wow, beezer you read my mind, you have the congress and senate with not a lick of balls-kooth, so go obama with some kind of god-dam direction even if it is with the Rothschild dynasy and the elites scubbing off us fiefs. Plz, give us direction, and then kick obamas arse out, as he is one of the worst puppets that i would have placed into office. hell get a muppet, as even a muppet utilizes his head less than Obama does reading telepromters, in so much as the dog in the back of my dash board

edit on 14-12-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And if this had been Ron Paul saying this exact same thing, 98% of ATS would be praising him and bowing down to him.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
lol wrong thread
edit on 14-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't know what that means either
But that's mainly because you really can't judge anything by a single short paragraph and a truncated interview. What did he say after that? What was the context? A little more information might have explained what the hell he meant, and we wouldn't all be sitting here saying: "Hey, that's BS! He can't do that!"

Don't get me wrong: I harbor no love for Prez. But this little propaganda trick of taking an isolated soundbite out of context and spinning it is beneath us here at ATS. Without full information--good, bad, or indifferent--we have no business judging. That's embracing, not denying, ignorance....
edit on 12/14/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Nice Add-hominem. Go ahead and throw Ron into the mix, why

Can you please stay on tract as Ron has absolutely nothing to do with this thread-plant-whoops

Again ty op

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I don't think Obama necessarily has America's best interest in mind. Not by any means. I'm not too sure where he stands. He is a strange and misleading man. Hard to figure out.
- What I do know is that Congress' sole ambition of getting Obama out of office is doing nothing for the country. It's extremely counterproductive. None of the hundreds of politicians are thinking of us citizens. It's really truly sad. Congress is so bent on not letting any of Obama's bills pass, and having the country run into the ground just to have him serve one term is disturbing.

When did it become OK to hurt your country for any reason?

Even many Democrats are against Obama lately.

The 111th Congress (Obama's first two years in office, 2009/2010) passed just about all of Obama's wish lists.

Trouble is, nothing really had a positive impact on the majority of citizens, especially economically. Not even urbanomically.

The legislation always targeted special groups, many out of the country.

They all had the chance of a lifetime to set everything straight.

What do we learn from this?

edit on Dec-14-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
And 43 and Co's complete disregard for what the people want was somehow right?

Our nation needs to come back instead of being externally extracted and stagnated all over political ideaologies!

The Dictator is the SCUM! He's just the puppet!

Do I even have to mention "The 112th Do Nothing Congress"?
edit on 15-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well I learned what a record number of fillibusters can do to make a president appear to accomplish something other than he actually has and how preventing someone from doing something and then calling them out for not doing it actually works on some people. That is what I learned.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Alger,

I do fully agree with him going completely over and above the heads and the will of The Congress to nationalize the Federal Reserve as that is one of the many things they are trying to either extend or to make permanent, private control over our money but little do they realize that we have about 55 weeks left of private control of the money and will end Jan 01 2013!

Obama is doing the same thing Teddy Roosevelt did and that was abandon the "Bought and Paid and Fundamentally Corrupt" Congress, something he should've been doing from practically the getgo.

McConnell's stance on making "Obama a 1 Term POTUS" and having nothing else matters but that should speak volumes about those stagnating and blocking any real chance our loving nation has for recovery. They are stagnating us because whatever we do here will reverberate throughout the rest of the world and rock each's very foundation to its core.
edit on 15-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join