It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Where Congress Is Not Willing To Act, We're Going To Go Ahead And Do It Ourselves"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Right so because Congress isn't bowing down to the Executive (which isn't the first time this has occurred), the President should just go his own way?

I get it, you don't like the Federal system of checks and balances -- you don't like that no one man can rule the nation from their seat of power.

I do though see the new line you have been pushing -- the "Do nothing Congress" -- as opposed to the "Pass everything Congress". Your view is filtered through some funky colored glasses. I don't see the Senate doing much either except deny, through parliamentary gimmicks, anything remotely coming for the other-side of the aisle.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

When Congress' stated goal is to make "Obama a 1 term POTUS" really doesn't give him any incentive to work with the circumventors and the stagnators now does it?

43 did not give a toss what The Congress thought and yet you wouldn't say yap then but all of a sudden have the audacity to say something now? Hypocrite!

Proof here :

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Need I say more?
edit on 15-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Didn't see this posted. In an interview with KOAA-TV, a local news channel from Colorado Springs, Colorado, President Obama says if Congress is not willing to pass legislation he wants, he will do it himself in order to win another term. This appears to be turning into a hostile takeover. Along with the defense spending bill that gives him unconstitutional authority to use the military to enforce what he wants.

Real Clear Politics

Que bigger Govt.
Que NDAA.
Que More of the Patriot Act.
Que the Battle Field Act.
Que DHS having a bigger role in our lives.
Que the march to Lord Dictator 0bama.

Woopee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.
Might as well take the documents in DC and put them on the Dictator in Chiefs toilet paper roll, cause he is ready to wipe his butt with them.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
When Congress' stated goal is to make "Obama a 1 term POTUS" really doesn't give him any incentive to work with the circumventors and the stagnators now does it?

I understand that I will never convince you otherwise and frankly I am not attempting to -- you have your convictions but not the capacity to even comprehend what I have written.

I wasn't a member of this site when President Bush was in office. So yes, you will find nothing about my disdain for then President Bush; though it was present. I do not "all of a sudden" anything. I am a very calculated person; even in my nonsensical ramblings I have calculated what I am saying to produce an effect of my wishes.

Regardless if Congress has stated (or rather a select few statements from one person regarding that fact) they wish to see President Obama as a one-term president is irrelevant. The powers enumerated to each branch were designed and implemented for a reason; to protect against any one man from decreeing law and establish a Republican form of Government (of which you have been clear you have deep disdain for.)

Need I say more?

Yes because you have said nothing. But I would like to see what you think President Bush's disrespect for Congress was. You keep claiming that he too alluded to circumvent and bypass Congress; yet haven't explained why you think so.

Maybe the United States of America, with its designed Federal powers isn't the place for you. You seem to think that whatever the president wishes for, the president should get. That Congress (House and Senate) should work for him and not for their respective representatives. That if the president says he wants chocolate peanuts to be the new currency, and Congress summarily and rightfully shuts down his idea, that the president should just decree that we now pay for our goods and services with the legal tender of chocolate peanuts.

To summarize Immaculate --

I have asked you about the Senate (specifically Senator Reid) and their refusal to even allow budget oriented bills to be debated on the floor that originate from the other side and you have refused to even acknowledge.

You keep spouting that I am a hypocrite for calling out the current president in a thread about something the current president has said -- on numerous occasions -- that he wishes he didn't have to deal with Congress and wishes he could just implement his ideas.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

43 did not give a toss what The Congress thought and yet you wouldn't say yap then but all of a sudden have the audacity to say something now? Hypocrite!

Proof here :

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Need I say more?

So because Congress sees him for the joke and danger he really is, won't work with him (Not forced to either), the path for 0bama to take is subvert them is ok?

Nice to see you are consistent in defending the joke 0bama is.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So continued concessions on the left with none from the right is acceptable? That is not compromise, that is dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
From the OP article

Rob Quirk, KOAA-TV: "And one year from today we will know if this a one-term or two-term president. So, I asked the president what will it take from now until then to not only win Colorado again, but reelection as well."

President Obama: "Well, what we're going to have to do is continue to make progress on the economy over the next several months. And where Congress is not willing to act, we're going to go ahead and do it ourselves. But it would be nice if we could get a little bit of help from Capitol Hill."

Gee, it couldn't be that the man was answering a question during a campaign...
Anyone want to list all the things the president can do to facilitate an improvement in the economy?

So Hitlerish

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

So continued concessions on the left with none from the right is acceptable? That is not compromise, that is dictatorship.

Please, PLEASE show me where it is written that they must compromise, or it is illegal.

PLEASE!!! I beg you.

Or, will you just retort nonsense using your now famous "SCUM" catch phrase?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Proof here :

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Need I say more?

So because Congress sees him for the joke and danger he really is, won't work with him (Not forced to either), the path for 0bama to take is subvert them is ok?

So he is a joke

AND

HE is dangerous?

That sounds emotional

WOW... Nice to see you defending an obstructionist political party, that is damaging this country
FURTHER to regain a sense of legitimacy, through the damaging results they perpetuate

edit on 15-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truthRconsequences357

You're kidding, right? Or do they now offer psychiatric patients internet access? We don't know what Obamas game is except that all presidents try to grab more power. Remember the Bushes?

As for Republicans, new polling data says that that America doesn't want them. Predictions are they lose both Congress and the Senate and maybe the white house as well. Republicans have thrown all Americans, liberal and conservative alike under the bus.

1 out every 2 Americans is now poor or low income according the the US Census. This is a direct result of economic policies begun under Reagan. If the continue "free trade" or "trickle down economics", Mexico will have to build a fence to keep Americans out.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
And if this had been Ron Paul saying this exact same thing, 98% of ATS would be praising him and bowing down to him.

I stopped scrolling here.

Seriously though? SERIOUSLY? Ya you can say what you want of course, but wow....thats a stretch buddy.

The audacity of people now a days is overwhelming. Society is so f****** stupid now a days.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by macman

Proof here :

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Need I say more?

So he is a joke

AND

HE is dangerous?

WOW... Nice to see you defending an obstructionist political party, that is damaging this country FURTHER
to regain a sense of legitimacy, through the damaging results they perpetuate

The name 0bama and the term legitimacy can't be used in the same sentence.
Much like oil and water. The don't go together.

And any political party that is trying to stop 0bama will get my support.

So, you are in the camp that worships 0bama? Ok then. You have fun.
While Rome burns, 0bama vies for more control and his supporters dance for him.

edit on 15-12-2011 by macman because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by averageGuy505

As for Republicans, new polling data says that that America doesn't want them. Predictions are they lose both Congress and the Senate and maybe the white house as well. Republicans have thrown all Americans, liberal and conservative alike under the bus.

1 out every 2 Americans is now poor or low income according the the US Census. This is a direct result of economic policies begun under Reagan. If the continue "free trade" or "trickle down economics", Mexico will have to build a fence to keep Americans out.

What is the source please?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Anyone notice how these' leftwing' airheads can talk the talk..but they can't document sh't.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthRconsequences357

Anyone notice how these' leftwing' airheads can talk the talk..but they can't document sh't.

Welcome to the discussion.
And that is very much par for his course. Get used to it, I guess.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Obama proves himself to be our Hitler. When will he roll out the gas chambers?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Obama proves himself to be our Hitler. When will he roll out the gas chambers?

I am sure that FEMA is prepping them for DHS as we speak.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Have you noticed that the new coffins are flammable?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You introduced the Birther thread to try and legitimatize your stance and see how far it got you? Knocked down!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

United States Census Bureau read the agency he posted and actually learn something!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join