It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Where Congress Is Not Willing To Act, We're Going To Go Ahead And Do It Ourselves"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

United States Census Bureau read the agency he posted and actually learn something!
edit on 15-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

1 out of 2 ain't bad for you.
What about the source for the other statement?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

What about Dictatorship did you not get?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

The part where you equate Congress not compromising equals such.
You know, that silly definition and all gets in your way.

And by all means, 0bama trying to turn Dictator is about right.

edit on 15-12-2011 by macman because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

You have it backwards. Congress resisting the DICTATES of this loon is the opposite of dictatorship.

Today we mourn the passing of a free country. RIP America 4 July 1776-15 Dec 2011. 235 years you lasted as land of the free, home of the brave. When the brave were replaced by the politically correct, the free were enslaved.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

This nation was founded on compromise on all sides and not just one side only as it's been since around 2000! When one side does not compromise like it must democracy is dead and in it's place the dictatorship is here!

This is not just some other opinion but is a mathematical fact!

Let's run down some facts shall we?

1. Who was the group that is trying to deny people the right to unionize?
2. Who is the group who wants to end democracy and install a corporatocracy?
3. Who is the group that want to deny a woman her right to choose?
4. Who is the group that hates the fact an American has a right to a job and refuses to give them one?
5. Who is the group that ran this nation into the ground?
6. Who is the group who is trying to disenfranchise minorities the right to vote?
7. Who is the group who spent like a drunken sailor?
8. Who is the group that will not allow The USA to have a success story?
9. Who is the group who wants to exploit illegals for cheap and free labour?
10. Who is the group that got us hated around the world?

There is only one answer and one and that is the GOP!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

This nation was founded on compromise on all sides and not just one side only as it's been since around 2000! When one side does not compromise like it must democracy is dead and in it's place the dictatorship is here!

Um ,no again.
Compromise does not equal democracy. There is your problem. You have bought into the false idea that in order for things to work, ALL must compromise. Nope, not true.
Don't want to compromise with 0bama and his followers, as they are wrong.

So, No thanks.

And please, show me the mathematical fact.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Democracy means everyone has a say in the final law and not just one group over another with no input from the other side.

The dozen or so closed door sessions of Congress ring a bell?

No compromise allowed is allowed in China!

Read my edit! Thinking like yours today is terroristic in nature and intent and is Anti American and treasonist! Shall we report you to DHS?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Democracy means everyone has a say in the final law and not just one group over another with no input from the other side.

The dozen or so closed door sessions of Congress ring a bell?

Read my edit! Thinking like yours today is terroristic in nature and intent and is Anti American and treasonist! Shall we report you to DHS?

Um, no again.
A voice is what is guaranteed. Not a hand in. Big difference.
Nice edit though.
And yep, and thought not in line with Zaa Fuhrer 0bama and Immaculated is now considered Terroristic in nature.
The thought police will soon be knocking down doors.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

WTF???!!!

Really, did you think that out before typing it?
Good lord you crack me up.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Let's run down some facts shall we?

4. Who is the group that hates the fact an American has a right to a job and refuses to give them one?
6. Who is the group who is trying to disenfranchise minorities the right to vote?

The 111th Congress (2009/2010) had the chance to correct ALL of the above.

They made it ALL worse.

"Now what was that about 'my dreams' ?"

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

There will always be a group that wants to deny some other group something -- but you here are alluding that the Republicans want to deny a person the right to unionize? Where? What proposed bill does this? If you are going to make claims, please provide us the facts to back it up so we can all make informed decisions and have a discussion about it.

That would be nearly all of Congress and the Presidency since 1913. Republicans and Democrats have worked endlessly to consolidate and collude with business and very large corporations.

A valid statement -- but there are those on both sides of the aisle that have stances on both sides of the issue. Painting with a broad brush doesn't help your case here. The question could be turned around to say something like "Who is the group that wants to deny a human being their right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?"

You do not have a right to a job. I think a lot of your logic and understanding stems from this very notion and concept you retain. But this does fall in line with your thinking; at least you are consistent.

Where do you want to start? Republicans and Democrats alike are all guilty here; your partisan view is so skewed you refuse to see that it was accomplished by power-hungry politicians from all walks of life, regardless of the letter that follows their names.

I don't know, who? How? In what capacity?

Again, both sides...oh well I guess we all need our boogie-men.

Mainly meddling politicians from both sides of the aisle again. I see a recurring theme here Immaculate; do you?

Once again, both sides engage in this...

Right...along with ever other Democrat that authorized military action; but it was only the GOP and Bush correct?

sigh...
edit on 15-12-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would like to add soem things, rather ask.
Who wrote obamacare? Wasn't Barry.
Who write then hands off to a congressional official(90%+ are doing it) to pass into legislation? Members of congress don't write the majority of bills they pass. And even then it is edited by lawyers for the broadest or narrowest possible interpretation. A called-in favor for a favor of a campaign donation or other benefit, usually via a lobbying firm. Half the dem's that lost in the election went to work for DC lobbying firms. So tell me where is the honor or integrity of representing the will of the people versus what these guys are doing?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

You don't compromise with evil.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I see I woke up the 'leftwing' MoveOn,FactCheck,DailyKos,Media Matters crowd.How much is Soros paying you to work these web sites?
Well...Now that I've got your attention...let's go over some more 'DOCUMENTED' information about your messiah: Barry Hussein Harrison J. Bounel Barack Soetoro Obama.The Terrorist Within!
Maybe if Obama would have put this information on his law application he would not have had his license suspended..(For Lying)...No surprises here.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

From your Source

President Obama: "Well, what we're going to have to do is continue to make progress on the economy over the next several months.

And where Congress is not willing to act, we're going to go ahead and do it ourselves. But it would be nice if we could get a little bit of help from Capitol Hill."

He is talking about improving the economy!

Through what powers the President has...NOT over-ruling Congressional authority.

Unless you would like to now claim that CONGRESS has sole authority over improving the economy???

Is that the case the right wing posters would like to make? Cuz I am fine with assigning the state of the economy in it's entirety to the Republican led Congress...

Or perhaps improving the economy is contradicting congress...that kind of makes sense in a "Damn the country, Obama must fail" kind of way.

Otherwise claiming that he was speaking about over-ruling congress rather than doing what a President can do within Presidential powers...is either plainly dishonest or painfully ignorant about how our government works.

Take your pick..

What a silly, silly thread and claim in this OP.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truthRconsequences357

More birther crap, seriously get over yourself on this already DEBUNKED AND DISPROVEN ITEM!

Bring something substantial to this thread or else do not involve yourself in it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Prove the evil!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

He is talking about improving the economy!

Through what powers the President has...NOT over-ruling Congressional authority.

Unless you would like to now claim that CONGRESS has sole authority over improving the economy???

Again, the 111th Congress AND the POTUS together, in unison, had the chance of a lifetime to correct the economic problems during the 2009/2010 sessions. The Dems controlled all the committees and the White House at that time.

Their joint legislation did not produce a positive impact on the majority of citizens.

Without positive legislation, the economy will not improve.

Perhaps some positive impacts could be achieved with executive orders......

We shall see if he will do any in the near future.

He has not in the past.

Acts of the 111th United States Congress
can we find any positive legislation?

Is that the case the right wing posters would like to make? Cuz I am fine with assigning the state of the economy in it's entirety to the Republican led Congress...

current 112th Congress 2011/2012;

The Dems control the Executive branch.

The Dems control the Senate.

The Repubs control the House.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What could Obamuhh do with these (Dem majority) Senate actions yesterday and today;

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 112th Congress - 1st Session (2011)

Dec 15.......Agreed to......H.R. 1540
Conference Report To Accompany H.R. 1540; To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2012 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes.

Dec 14.......Rejected......S.J.Res. 10
S.J.Res. 10; Joint resolution proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

Dec 14.......Rejected......S.J.Res. 24
S.J.Res. 24; Joint resolution proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 112th Congress

Can the POTUS enact a balanced budget by ex. order?

If he could, would he?

Will he sign the controversial "Defense Bill"?

edit on Dec-15-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Originally posted by The Old American
In other words, "I'll be a dictator if I want to be." What an egotistical jerkface. Seriously, Obama has the most elitist attitude I believe I've ever seen from an American president. But then most psychopaths do.

/TOA

You know better than this and this post is dishonest at best. Anyone that actually thinks Obama can just decide to be a dictator raise your hand.
Anyone?
So no, that is not happening.
Now for some reality.
Our last president did what he wanted regardless of Congress, Senate, Supreme Court, and the American people.
The biggest attack you guys have against Obama is that he has not done anything.
Now tie that all together for me.

Dishonest? You mean I'm lying? Man up and say what you mean, son.

But only an Algern...oops, sorry...a moron thinks the president can't become a dictator. It's called "executive orders". We've had several dictators in history: Lincoln, Roosevelt 1, Roosevelt 2, Dubya...there are more, they were the worst offenders. And now Dark Lord of the Liberals Obama. Also, it depends on Congress and the SCOTUS backing him. I don't see Obama in prison for going to war with Libya. Do you? No? So I guess he has full backing from our corrupt government to do whatever the hell he wants to.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join