It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Realize You Were Different?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Definitely when I was a child. I was a sensitive one always asking questions and wondering why things were the way they were. When I became a teenager I lost all wonder and felt outcasted (never really fit in). I tried to fit in my dressing the part, acting the part and feeling that if I were to be a part of a something then maybe I'll be accepted.

When I turned 23 I was still under that false sense of fitting and enrolled to become a Marine. I finshed all testing and was ready to ship out on 9/2/01 for boot camp. In late August of that year I had a pretty bad bike accident (freak nature) and had to eventually cancel. 9/11 happened 2 weeks later and I was shocked because I know I would have died if I enrolled.

But during that summer time before I got injuried, I chewed on some funny things and the after effect both shocked me and brought me off of the matrix for a good 4-5 hours. I never chewed on those things again, but the intended affect changed me as a person. I was then on a journey for truth and have become the person that I am today because of that one night. I have accepted that I am different and take it now as a badge of honor. No way would I want to consider myself normal in a insane world where normality is anything but.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by aramarys

Hello Aramarys,

I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in feeling this way. Sometimes I will look around at people and just not recognize anything. It's like the real world is hidden behind this facade of loud, gaudy, STUFF that everyone loves... and it makes me feel tired to be around it all the time.

- Ottobot

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am brand new here but I am familiar with all of the OP's statements, I too have a natural connection where people will "spill their guts" even when they first meet me. I have asked some of them casually as to why they feel so comfortable and every answer was essentially the same; "You're easy to talk to", "I dont know its just something about you", or even "I just feel good around you"...along with that I tend to think of something, and almost reactively I will get a vision of what i call a "scenario" in which i have a first person view of a time and place for but a mere second or two, then, anywhere from hours to weeks later i will come upon the same scenario and realize it right as it begins..

I have felt "special" not in the way of being superior to others, but not the same...even on more basic levels of thought patterns, logic, comprehension, i feel as if i am far far above 99% of the people i converse with, where i have to dumb down my own thoughts to actually keep them interested...I am able to occasionally finish peoples thoughts before they do, I am positive that i am empathic, i can feel the moods of multiple people at once and even sense what they are about to say and do based on those feelings.

I have a feeling that i have been enlightened, obviously there is no way to prove it so please do not take it as some self serving title. I remember about 5 years ago suddenly feeling my mind clear, i had never felt such peace and relaxation in my life, i am 21 so this would make me about 16. Since that moment my life has been a complete difference, i have practiced meditation, and studied various information from many religions just to find correlations and truth.

I spend almost all of my time thinking which tends to make me quiet, but i can talk to people for hours and give advice that just seems to flow out of me, natural truths that i feel are real will randomly "appear" in my thinking, often completely disrupting whatever i was previously thinking of.

I also feel as if nothing in this world is an attraction, and i believe i have succeeded in what is called "detatchment" i have a consistent calmness and am able to focus all of my abilities on helping others whenever the opportunity presents itself. I do not do it out of personal gain, i only find it satisfying, out of all the material objects in existence, nothing feels better than serving others.

I have long looked for others who were "on the same level" perse' so thankyou for reading i hope i have complied with the posting rules of the forum

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I am brand new here but I am familiar with all of the OP's statements, I too have a natural connection where people will "spill their guts" even when they first meet me. I have asked some of them casually as to why they feel so comfortable and every answer was essentially the same; "You're easy to talk to", "I dont know its just something about you", or even "I just feel good around you"...along with that I tend to think of something, and almost reactively I will get a vision of what i call a "scenario" in which i have a first person view of a time and place for but a mere second or two, then, anywhere from hours to weeks later i will come upon the same scenario and realize it right as it begins..

The above is right on point when describing what I experience with people I come in contact with. People have told every single one of those quotes and I have gotten "you should be a therapist/psychologist/guidance councilor" more than a few times. I think it has to do with some people's ability to express and feel empathy and the ability to fully listen to what another has to say without judgment. Some are naturally gifted in that area and I guess I am (humbly) one of them. You are too.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I have the power of the universe on my side.

People know this and they see it, and in public they react accordingly. Most people exist separately from the universe, but the universe and I remain the same...and since we are the same, I am due the same powers of manifestation as it.

Humans say, they are humans, and we reside in this universe. I say, I am the universe, without it I am nothing.
The universe understands what I say, and by showing this humility the universe grants me all the powers it has.

People on the streets know it... they see it in my eyes, that's why a man buying food can turn around and out of all the people in the store, make his way over to me to justify his actions. Why justify his large purchase of food to some stranger? *Shrug*

I have many reasons why this power is so strong in me, but I'd rather let it unfold in time.

Just know, I'm different.

Im sorry but if this post is your definition of "humility" then you have no idea what humility is......

I love how people say how humble they are and then spend the rest of their time putting themselves above everyone else, explaining how they are better......

PSHHH

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think the first time i realised i was different to every body else was when i was about 18....

After having gone through puberty and developing into a man, I was walking past a building and noticed something..
I caught a glimpse of a face reflecting back at me through the window of a nearby shop.

It was upon realising that this beautiful face looking back at me was in fact my own that i realised how different i really was...

Cheers

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Everyone is different....I never gave it a consideration that any two people could be the same....not even twins....but never in my life have I ever said to myself....GEE I am DIFFERENT! Because I have always known...each one of us is completely different than another.

In one of my jobs....I get to travel to some very.....interesting places. The mistakes that people make are thinking that people from another life in another part of the world...hold dear to them the same things we do. Nor does a person from another life and lifestyle have the same value system or think or process information the way others do.

I remember one of my stupidities in feeling so good about figuring out a solution to two rival factions in a GOD forsaken place I call HELL with Lots of RAIN! I thought I was so smart and thought that they would go for the plan as in my mind....no reasonable person should have ANY issue with it.

I remember how proud I was as I detailed out this plan in front of the two groups leadership. IT WAS A DISASTER! They almost started shooting each other right there and then as they were actually grabbing for my associates weapons to try to off one another!

I learned alot from that lesson and the lesson was....People are so different that what to you sounds fair , good and equitable...to them is like being shot in the heart and a loss of Honor. I never made this mistake again!
Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
When did you realize that you were different from everyone else? I was very sick as a child and grew into a very sick adult from medical problems..My whole childhood was spent isolated as far back as i can rember..

I never went to school i was taught at home by my parents i couldn't go to school i was to sick never had friends being around other kids to long made me sick i was in and out of hospitals all my life ..

I was always kept in a special ward in the hospital for kids like me and guess what they were special angels also so i grew up thinking i was special..

When i became an adult i realized we are all part of the human family and unique within that family. We are united by our having gifts, talents, life callings, and dreams of an extraordinary life. But we are each unique and different because all of our gifts, talents, life callings and dreams are different...peace,sugarcookie1 S&F great thread..

If only you knew me.
If only you knew me you would see.
I am not at all what I appear to be.
You judge me so cruelly in your cold world of hate.
Judge me without knowing my true fate.
Judge me by appearance, by the way I talk.
By the way I act, or by the way I walk.
If only you knew me Knew me deep down inside.
Then you would see the true person that hides.
Hiding from the cold world that you know, and love.
A world that is so corrupt with more anger and less love.
If only you knew me then you would would soon see.
See a best friend way deep down inside of me.
A friend you need through good times and bad.
A friend to be near when your happy, and sad.
Our spirits should soar happy, and free.
We are all gods unique creation.
If only you knew me.

Author Unknown

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
when i was a child i would notice hums and tones that other people never would. I would pick at my skin, chew my fingernail, and pull out peices of hair to calm down. I was always getting in trouble for not being able stay interested at school. I would get in trouble for shaking my legs or my arms, or rocking back and forth. My mom would alwayss tell me to stop these things or people would think i had a diease. She always asked me what i was thinking about wasnt untill years after that i realized when thinking deeply that my pupils would dialate and i would spend an hour staring at a loose peice of thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join