It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Realize You Were Different?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

As a boy of about six, my mother bought me some space "transfers", they had all kinds of weird ships and spacemen.
I rubbed them on to the head board of my bed, and they were there for years. I saw them every night, or when ever i was in my room. Those transfers sowed the seeds of "what if".

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

I think everyone knows they are different to some degree,

Bingo! Because they are!

We may have been born into this world, but we're not part of it. That's why it's not permanent.

And We may NOT have even been born into this world.

The only thing permanent IS.

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I can relate to feeling different I'm always questioning everything i hear and see and wondering how everything works. Most people i talk to avoid deep thought conversations like the plague And seem to want to talk about Jersey Shore and that kind of stuff and i really could care less. Heck that's why i ended up here on ATS because most people on here are just like me open minded and trying to make sense of this crazy multiverse.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I have always said to my mother, Mom, You are not my real mother, I am not from here, I feel like I am from another world. I use to go out and just sit down in my park way, I was 4 years old, and look at the sun, i could feel the vibrant energy penetrating my whole soul, making me feel and believe that I was not from here, but from there. My eyes are coming watery when I look at the stars, because I know for sure, that I, and even some of us are from there, from the stars. At that moment, when I realized i was different from others, I said to myself, I will seek and open my heart to the light. I will find where I am from and the reason why I am so different.

i left my mother's house when I was 15 years, on my own, to seek the truth. To find love, because I felt there was something missing, so maybe what I am missing is love? After 4 years, I came back to my mother, I said, Mother... I have found love, but I still miss something in my heart... Even today, I am 30 years old, I have love, I have kids, I have my own house, my own land, I moved from cities to cities to find the thing that I was missing. I never found it... I have everything to be happy, but I am not, I am still missing that one thing. I realized that the missing thing is not from here, but from the stars. the missing link.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
about 4

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was a toddler and my mom was holding me on her hip, and we were outside, and she showed me this woodpecker hitting his head against a tree.

And it was me.

And then a whole world of consciousness flooded into my mind and everything in the world was as lucid and as clearly defined as it has ever been, and I still have part of that with me today.
It was a gift from the Gods.

Suddenly I was me and my mother was another and I've thought for myself ever since.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Young. Maybe four or five. Weird experiences. Weird thoughts. Intense feelings. Hyper focus. Rapid cognition. I learned from a young age to keep my mouth shut, but in the last five years changed my tune. I feel that it's immoral to stay silent, so openly say whatever is on my mind now. In person, on Facebook, or here on ATS.

All of my friends now know that I'm a "crazy conspiracy theorist". Some get some of what I say. Most are just ignoring me on Facebook and probably just trying to keep supporting me by remaining in my friends circle. It's not easy. I'm well aware some are upset by what I say. Some probably think I'm delusional, paranoid, insane, maybe schizo, psycho, and on and on..

But I can't stop. I have no clue how people can merely "focus on yourself" and all this other mindless garbage I keep hearing. I'm pissed off, and have developed a bit of disgust for most of societies members. It sucks, but seems to be a price I must pay for continuing to research, and tell. You can only take so much societal rejection, and various labels thrown your way before you lack respect for the sheeple. I crossed that line, but still have faith perhaps one day they will question, and see, so I can give them back that respect.
edit on 16-12-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good topic. Lots of us "outsiders" need venting every now and then. Just to clear our thoughts! Thumbs up!

As a kid I liked to ask random questions about things and one thing I noticed from very early on, people don't know pretty much. When I wen't to school I always sensed there was something missing from those consepts and teachings they so much wanted us to swallow. It's like hunger you won't get treated.

As I grew I stopped asking questions and lost myself. I don't know is it dark night of the soul or what, but somekind of force opened my upper chakras and I experienced some things. I started to get answers which I never undertood to even look for. Like who Am I and why Am I?

It's been a painful ride ever since. At the moment I'm between the worlds of this one and the "other" one (what ever you want to call it). There's lots of imperfections in me. But now I KNOW where to look for the answers.

Last evening once again I got to touch my chakras. Visions do occasionally come up and I hear things. Soothing promises.

Life's a rough ride and it swirls and plays you. It's shaken me so much that I'm exited in knowing I will find my answers.

Even thought, like in this book a phrase said it well. "to those who know the essence of time, a month, a week, even an minute can feel like eternity".

Thank you!
edit on 18-12-2011 by twosides because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Its hard to say exactly when i came to see i was "different" " strange" "unique" ect many people said these things to me, called me these words. Astrology has helped me over the years figure out some pieces of my personal puzzel, however being this way does not make me superior to anyone else . A recent astrology reading says i have to drag the stuff society dosen't want to see ,up for them to see ,poeple dont like that and even i can feel wrong bad for it. How many of you have a yod?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

When mammals start behaving like insects they hive, all hives require a queen.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
every single day of my life

none of the other kids ever wanted to play with me, which was fine with me because i thought they were all stupid

i feel like i must be from a different universe.. a place far far away where things make sense and illogical destructive behavior is not considered normal or acceptable

lol.. im probably just bi polar paranoid schizophrenic autismagoraphobic

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by subtopia

Hello Sub please read stan 711.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by titzycronulla

2nd grade, we had just moved to a new house.
For some reason I started paying attention to the things other kids were talking about.
It always has and always will seem to be irrelevant, kinda cursed because I absolutly canot for the life of me make small talk. If its not something that does not REALLY matter I can not hold a conversation for more then a few minutes. I like to hang out with very smart people, i seems their minds are more open and like to talk about the grander things in life.

Talk about sports... a few minutes before I start to think about algorithms and how you might be able to predict the outcome, and perhaps, the team that is supposed to win, already did because time is just an illusion (but I dont mention that).
Talk about god or space... all my life.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

When did you realize that you were different from everyone else?

It was the exact same moment I found myself wanting to be just a normal person like everyone else.
Instead I have to be like this.

edit on 22-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Since I first started school, as I didn't have much to do with others until then.

There I was heading off on an adventure, my first foray into the big world of education, I waved mother bye bye, and sat there wondering why all these kids were crying and yelling mummy.

From then on I knew I didn't think like most of them, especially girls (of which I am one).

I can't abide girl talk or gossip, I could always see easily the answers to problems other kids struggled with ( except for maths, only average there)

I'm a loner and have always been reletively self-sufficient, able to see the most sensible way to do most things.

My interest in otherworldy and innerworldly started very young and I questioned everything, and still do.

I don't think we are special or superior, just for some reason we are able to "see" more clearly than the masses, and I believe we possess more common sense than the average peep on the street.

I have also had this nagging feeling that I'm not in the right place all my life, but weather thats somewhere on this planet or off it I have no idea..

cheers.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have always felt different, but I fully realized it when I was four years old.

The first time I knew I was different was when I was looking at random people and understanding that they were thinking different thoughts than I was and so decided I would try to get them to think the same thoughts as me and say what I wanted them to say. It worked.

That same year, I started feeling like I must not belong here, because I could see how solutions to problems, the way things and people and emotion and behavior and nature work together... and nobody else seemed to even notice this.

That, and, it seemed like everyone was always talking about "buying" or "getting" or "using" or "going"... and I really just wanted to stare out the window at the stars or the landscape or go out and water the plants or tend to my rose bush and various other garden plants or talk to the [farm] animals.

It may have been because I grew up in a very dysfunctional and strange household, and was the only one with any sort of calmness and stability. I had to do most of the "parenting" for the family, so can't remember ever being a kid with no worries or responsibilities. :-/

I definitely know what you are talking about, PennyQ. I have a very hard time relating to people around my chronological age, especially females (I am also female). I get on extremely well with people 20+ years older than me, folks with mental disabilities or emotional problems, and with children. Everyone else is kind of hit or miss.

I have a hard time understanding a lot of the things that people put so much focus on and effort into , specifically: materialism, money, politics, prejudice, and fear.
edit on 12/30/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
The most interesting thing I notice, time and time again, about others who claim to be unique and different, is that they're all so... common and unremarkable.

Hear, hear!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

The most interesting thing I notice, time and time again, about others who claim to be unique and different, is that they're all so... common and unremarkable.

Hear, hear!

Who, exactly, is the judge of what is "common" and/or "unremarkable"?

You are clearly noticing and remarking on/about these "others".

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

Hear, hear!

Who, exactly, is the judge of what is "common" and/or "unremarkable"?

You are clearly noticing and remarking on/about these "others".

The question is: why would anyone need to tell others how different they are? Surely, if they really are different, it will be self-evident. Besides, people who are really different, in a positive sense, i.e. intellectually mostly, do not feel the need to proclaim how prodigious they are.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

"Different" and "Prodigious" do not share the exact same meaning. Sure, they have similar meanings, but you are implying that anyone who feels out of place believes s/he is somehow "special" because of this.

This thread was created specifically for people to open up about the reasons and experiences which brought them to the realization that they do not think, feel, act, or see the same as other humans appear to.

Why does this bother you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join