It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Realize You Were Different?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Since i was about five I think and I know exactly what you mean.

I've always had a strong 6th sense and experienced many episodes of deja vu growing up. I don't have as many of those now, but my 6th sense is still as strong as ever. I also read people like books. I know that sounds strange and it's hard to explain, but I can "feel" a persons (for lack of a better word) soul with my mind. I can almost instantly tell whether a person is "good" or "evil" to put it plainly. I can even tell when people lie to me. It's not a 100% accurate, but it has served me well in my life so far. It's not something I need to focus on... it just happens. That old saying... Listen to your gut. Well, mine seems to be a lot more sensitive and I'm good at listening to it.

I'm a INTJ personality type and an atheist. I went to church as a child, but never could believe. My rational thinking and 6th sense always told me religion was a farce and a waste of time. Not to mention that the Father of our church gave off really BAD vibes.

Needless to say I have few close friends. I don't trust easily. I tried explaining it to one of them years ago. I gave up because it's really hard to explain... it's almost incomprehensible unless you experience it first hand.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Stan71 because: fix sentence.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
The most interesting thing I notice, time and time again, about others who claim to be unique and different, is that they're all so... common and unremarkable.

Do you have any for examples?

You hardly know anyone here so you can't be speaking of folks on this thread, unless you are extremely presumptive. And uh...how is that interesting?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aramarys
I hate making myself feel un-intelligent, and selfish.. But here i go.

I had a rough time growing up.. Never had a father, and i dropped out of school 2 years earlier. I have taken sat tests and know my IQ is above average as well. Yet i cant help having this feeling that no one understands me?.. im 22 right now, and ever since i turned 20 i feel like everything i see, and everything i do is because i want it to be this way. Im so confused and question this reality we live in on a daily basis. I feel almost as if this is a world i created for myself. I live on a day to day basis, and it will continue to be so untill i see fit.

It makes me feel unbelievably selfish to think im at the center, because i know im no different then the person next door. Yet i cant get over this feeling that there's more to being me, being alive, why im here.. I know im different, but i just cant seem to figure this out...

Am i the only person who feels this way? Please don't be upset at the things i've said.. I don't mean any harm by what i have said.. I just can't figure out.. why i feel different...

Thank you, and i apologize if anything i said offends anyone...

Finding and Knowing Your Life Purpose

christianity.about.com...

Step Out and Try It

Working with God to find your life purpose means working as a team. When you take a step, God takes a step.
Be willing to try some things that interest you. You will know very quickly if you've found the right thing for you. Doors will either open or slam shut. Either way, you'll know where you stand.

Be Patient. Wanting to know everything right this second is pretty common these days. Learning to trust that God will show you when He's ready—now that takes patience. God isn't going to show you every piece of the puzzle all at once. If he did, you'd get that "deer in the headlights" look, because you'd be so overwhelmed by it all. Not to mention you'd be overly tempted to come up with a back-up plan "just in case" things didn't work out.

Don't waste your time on things you know aren't from God. "Get rich quick" schemes never work. Finding a Christian husband or wife won't happen if you're focused on activities and events that don't involve Christians. And participating in things you know are wrong—well, you're simply prolonging your answers.

Don't let the people around you talk you into things. Just because it all sounds like a good idea from the world's view doesn't mean it's God's plan for you. Following God's leading sometimes means you have to say no to many well-meaning family members or friends. It comes down to the decision to follow, no matter where it leads.

Lastly, don't ever give up. You may not know your specific purpose today or tomorrow, but as long as you're really great at being a Christian, and your heart is open, you will find God and he will find you.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think you'll find your in good company here.
The ATS forum being a naturally attractive gathering point for us human beings that are of like mind (that likeness being openminded) and also feelings of uniqueness (stemming from our openmindedness, and curiousity among other things).

P.S. gift of of gab? yea! me too. Along with the gift/curse of "cyberbabble" if I'm not carful

Good thought provoking post OP!

edit on 15-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: nevermind (nothing added)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I came here with a purpose. I was given a mission which would have put this world into a new golden age. I was to be the first world emperor.

In the second grade my fellow students turned on me one day. From that day on dealing with my peers was a struggle beyond reason. I was beaten daily both at school and on the walk home from the bus stop. The torture never stopped until high school. By then I had lost my ability to relate to my peers and shunned interacting with them. I withdrew from the world and never learned the social skills needed to be truly successful.

I quit high school and fell in with a crowd that would accept me and began to explore the worlds opened up by extreme lsd use. I quickly became the leader of a local crime syndicate and mercilessly enforced my rules and made mad cash in the extortion and stealing game. I hurt a lot of people and found that I had always had the power to overcome my bullies. I had just been afraid to use it. Once that fear was gone I found that I am a dangerous person when cornered.

Then I met a girl, got married, had a couple kids and lost the girl. So I was a 22 year old boy with two kids to raise and a choice to make. That choice was, do I stay this dangerous man and continue to reap the rewards that come with hurting people or do I become a good man and teach my kids a better way? I chose the good man and fell into a job mowing lawns.

So that is how your glorious leader denied his destiny and sought his own way in life. The world will collapse and I won't save you like it was intended. Instead I had people who love me and I would not trade that for thr world. It can burn so long as my kids and new wife are by my side. I knew I was different when I was a child. I knew my purpose. Yet I am poor and unknown. And I am happy that way.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

It amazes me how many people choose to create these differences among themselves to either make themselves feel more special, or superior in some sense.

Just because you are in touch with your emotions and have had interesting experiences does NOT make you different, it merely make you aware and CONNECTED into something GREATER than yourself.

People's inherent need to feel "special," so that their egos are catered to at all times, is going to be the final straw that breaks this world...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny777

It amazes me how many people choose to create these differences among themselves to either make themselves feel more special, or superior in some sense.

Just because you are in touch with your emotions and have had interesting experiences does NOT make you different, it merely make you aware and CONNECTED into something GREATER than yourself.

People's inherent need to feel "special," so that their egos are catered to at all times, is going to be the final straw that breaks this world...
I agree ego, in the form of self centeredness can be detrimental. Unfortunately being aware and connected into something greater than yourself does make a person unique among the general population and that IS a sad state of affairs

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'm not different, I'm the same as most other people.

I'll let you know if I inherit an ego in future though

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think I was about 11 when I realized all the corruption in this country , the thing that really told me in my face was the fact that religion could never prove we were the center of the Universe and then i turned my motto into "Seeing is Believing"

After this experience my Sanity faded quickly and I started to do research on what money goes to what in the system of this country and I could clearly tell that there were many things going wrong , Plus the fact that there are traces of Cartel Drug money found in the U.S investments..... Very good role model the U.S. is

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Wow! Your Signature is effing Amazing!!! I prematurely ejaculated on sight

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I realized I was different when I took my first shower with the girls' basketball team.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

You hit the nail right on the head.

Anyone who thinks they are more "special" than anyone are probably borderline soci-paths and should seek psychological counselling.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have the power of the universe on my side.

People know this and they see it, and in public they react accordingly. Most people exist separately from the universe, but the universe and I remain the same...and since we are the same, I am due the same powers of manifestation as it.

Humans say, they are humans, and we reside in this universe. I say, I am the universe, without it I am nothing.
The universe understands what I say, and by showing this humility the universe grants me all the powers it has.

People on the streets know it... they see it in my eyes, that's why a man buying food can turn around and out of all the people in the store, make his way over to me to justify his actions. Why justify his large purchase of food to some stranger? *Shrug*

I have many reasons why this power is so strong in me, but I'd rather let it unfold in time.

Just know, I'm different.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I have the power of the universe on my side.

Which side, left or right? And does it make your butt look big?
edit on 15-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Depends on the day. If I'm feeling brave, I might put it on my back.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

That sounds hawt.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I always thought I was different. I was also always told I was different. Ever since I could remember, my parents always told me I was "special".
And it is not some ego thing either. I can not say at this cross road at my life, I believe it anymore, but I think I am different not special.
Since before I was born was a triumph of life!
I am the youngest, I have one brother who is 3 years older than me. After his birth my mother decided not have anymore children, so she had her tubes tied. Well, somehow that didn't work. And my dad got her pregnant. So then 8 months into the pregnancy I was born. I was born premature underweight, feet first and blue. I then came through and after a month or so I went home!
Then as life progressed a few things about me were much different than my brother. For one, I was extremely quiet, I would sleep most the time. I would always fall asleep in my plate and such.
Then as I got older, I noticed things myself. I had thin blonde hair, and was extremely thin. My whole family is a bigger italian family with thick dark hair. And also I am the only lefty in the entire family, and its not a kinda left handed thing. I am about %80 lefty. which is rare.
Obviously as I grew I changed, and wasn't so quiet, and became the problem child.
But even still now, girls I date and people I meet, almost always say there is something different about me and I have never been able to escape the "label".
I have and still am looking to find why. But no answers ever come.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've never thought myself "more special" or "superior" to other people, as others here have misinterpreted. But "different" from those around me...hell yeah. Can't put an exact moment to it, but it's been since I was very young. My first memory is of my grandfather...he died when I was 16mo old. All through grade school (mostly private Christian academies) nothing went well, I was always being called out for something bad/wrong. Which led to horrible fears of being the center of attention.

Though I spent everyday in Christian schools and churches, I've NEVER felt at ease in a church sanctuary. They make me uncomfortable to this day...even if it's just for a wedding or funeral. I don't remember ever being told what UFOs, ghosts, anything paranormal or supernatural, really was. It was like I just always knew what they were and didn't require explanation.

Public schools were easier...less focus on any individual students, easier to keep to one's self. I never had any trouble with school work, I excelled in all my classes, though History and Mathematics were my favorites. (I actually went on to earn a Bachelor's in History & Politics later) I didn't keep a whole lot of friends though, even now I don't have any that I keep in regular touch with outside of texting, FB, or email. Romantic relationships have always been awkward. Just a general feeling of not being able to relate to other human beings I guess, is the problem. Feeling "in the world, but not of it". Though I am engaged and living with someone, he doesn't feel or think the same things I do (i.e. much of the subject matter you find here on ATS
) He'll participate in conversation if I bring things up but, admittedly, does not sit and think of such things on his own.

And that's okay, I guess...one of us has to keep our feet on the ground. But that feeling of "different" definitely DOES make it difficult to function in our current society. The things others busy themselves with do not interest me, the things that make them happy don't make me happy, the occupations they live and breathe bore the crap out of me, etc. I wake up everyday to a constant feeling of, "it's coming. That thing I'm here to do, it's on it's way. Just a little longer." A constant biding of time. So I stay, perched. And vent on ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

As a child, I reckon, much like you. As a child I played with ghosts, astral traveled to distant places, talked to ET beings, and to me, this was completely normal. My Mother, being a devout Christian, got the church to pray the demons out of me once, they were at it for three days, and then gave up. I presented a list of questions to the preacher and deacon at age 15, and was asked, not in a polite manner, to leave and never come back. I find it difficult to talk with people about these things, and got the mental label a long time.
ago. I wonder sometimes, why am I even here?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This part of your post raises an interesting point I think

Originally posted by starsyren
I've never thought myself "more special" or "superior" to other people, as others here have misinterpreted.

It's this kind of misinterpretation by other people towards people like us that add to the feeling of being different I think. When people don't "get you", you have no other option but to feel different. You may have felt different before for other reasons, but now there is another reason.

I just thought that was interesting. I remember reading some of your other posts on other threads, and YOU are interesting. For the record, you sound like one of the most grounded people there is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join