It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater - A Martian Horse "Statue"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Your "glass tubes" link? Incredibly funny thanks...I love how the first sentence reads:

October 31, 2009 − The president of MARS announced today....

This is quality work, there. Weekly World News quality, and funny as heck. It out-does Richard Hoagland on the scale of silly, and that's quite a feat.

Next, the Onion satirists should have a go, they might add something to it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OvniHill

......................................................................................
Hi OvinHill! Yes, the horse is there, regardless of the fact that some here would rather you think otherwise. I have been in the Rockies many times, and I haven't seen a rock that looked like a human yet. I have seen a lot of deer there, that looked like deer!

FYI. I have a son and his family that live in Castle Rock Co.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Other than the glass tube pictures , the one picture that still makes my jaw drop is this one here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
Yeah nice bit of pareidolia going on in those pics. Pretty cool but...

See the thing about "pareidolia" is this... it is the ability most humans have to recognize a pattern. It is how we recognize each other. The thing is that all those who see a horse... all have the ability to recognize a horse
even if it is a carving, a statue, a caricature, or even a petroglyph (marking on stone)

So people with this skill intake take one look at the image and can spot the horse right away... they don't see a cow, or a boat... they all see a horse... because the thing LOOKS like a horse

Those that see nothing are to be pitied as they suffer from prosopagnosia or 'face blindness'

It has been suggested that very mild cases of face blindness are much more common, perhaps affecting 10% of the population

Prosopagnosia is a disorder of face perception where the ability to recognize faces is impaired, while the ability to recognize other objects may be relatively intact. The term originally referred to a condition following acute brain damage, but a congenital form of the disorder has been proposed, which may be inherited by about 2.5% of the population. The specific brain area usually associated with prosopagnosia is the fusiform gyrus

en.wikipedia.org...

So there you have proof. Those that see 'nothing but rocks' have a well known brain disorder.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
The White House isn't picking up either.

Where have YOU been hiding? The White House just issued a statement in response to a huge petition that there are no Aliens or UFO's and that the government isn't covering up anything.

Seems Stanton Friedman was upset by that 'disclosure'

Bottom line... forget about any statements from the White House

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Yes, I recall seeing that thread. However, the angle of the view is deceiving, and it seals the deal when photos from Abu Simbel are compared to the photo from Mars....I've been to Abu Simbel personally, and have seen those statues. The scale on Mars? Much, much smaller).

This post goes some way to explain it, and put it into proper perspective.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by shamdaddy
Here we go again I wont even say the P word.

Let me say it for you... "Prosopagnosia" The inability for people to see anything but rocks.
Not sure there is a cure

It looks like a horse made out of rocks,

Hence the OP saying "Statue" in the title

................................................................................................................
Hey zorgon, I think I am going to like you!! Your new word, "for me", " Prosopagnosia", is worth its weight in gold. I have known that there just had to be a word that was a similar opposite (oxymoron) to the debunker's crutch of "Pareidolia". You've got it/that's it!!

Yes, I have been laughing to myself as some here have been referring to the "horse statue" as maybe seeing it, but it looked like just a bunch of rocks, as it may be made from rock anyway. But, it is a nice looking horse, on this place that is from 36 million miles to 250 million miles from Earth, depending upon orbital locations for each.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

RDUNK.....you from TEXAS right? Lot of cattle and Horses in Texas.....no so on Mars but.....LOL!

Now the question I have for you.....I have.....worked.....with alot of guy's of very good.....well let's say....skills that a person guarding a wall at the ALAMO....would have needed to be one of the las to be killed...maybe Crocket?

These guy's are also very Patriotic as am I and I like people who can handle themselves...as these guy's have and done....as well as their ladies....BIG HAIR and all! LOL!

But everytime I happen to be somwhere with one of them....and in this case it was a month or so ago at a base in FL. at Cocoa beach......he has this tendency to forget his deodorant! And.....I SWEAR THIS....he say's this as well a several others that are from Texas I know and I want to know if it is an inside joke.....he say's DAAANG! I smell worst than a DEAD ALIEN BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE DESERT!

Do you or does anyone here understand this as I hear it all the time when I am with these guy's?
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I don't get it.

ATS has a long history of hunting for anomalies in NASA images. Its a time honored tradition and one of the top 10 alien conspiracies. Not sure why you don't get it

I mean....with all the great and wonderous things we could all be discussing and their possibilities or theorized reasons for things that have more than enough proof as far as a Judge or Jury are concerned to render the verdict in favor of E.T.

Lots of those threads around ATS... you have any specific proof in mind? Make a thread on "all the great and wondrous things" and I will pop in to discuss it

WHY.....would we be wasting time talking about a rock that happens to look a LITTLE BIT like a horsey?

Well I popped in for a few minutes BECAUSE it looks like a horsey
and to remind those that see only rocks that they have a brain disorder

The BIG question is WHY did you waste YOUR time reading and telling us why its a waste of your time

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I agree that is incredible, anybody that think that is a rock is kidding themselves!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Lot of cattle and Horses in Texas.....no so on Mars but.....LOL!

Well....

A Herd of Martian Creatures?

OH and BTW Crocket wasn't at the Alamo... that is a lie... and just how do your buddies know what a dead alien dragged through the desert smells like?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I don't get it. I mean....with all the great and wonderous things we could all be discussing and their possibilities or theorized reasons for things that have more than enough proof as far as a Judge or Jury are concerned to render the verdict in favor of E.T.as well as.....a few.....NOT ALL....but a few of the vids and films and documented NASA footage of craft in low Earth orbit.......WHY.....would we be wasting time talking about a rock that happens to look a LITTLE BIT like a horsey?

This is the one bad thing out of a very much larger in quantity of good or even great things that happen on this board.

Freedom of speech....absolutly in FAVOR!

But......THIS?!? Come on! Split Infinity

...............................................................................................................
Hi Splitimfinity!. A very short answer for you - - - It is simple things, like this horse "of intelligent design", that can promote to the world a case of evidentiary proof of intelligent life on Mars, at some point of its present or past. It is not necessary to find a "U.S. Pentagon" type structure to have proof. Just simple stuff like this is just as right.

If one is dead set on finding a Martian Holy Grail, that "one" may still be looking when Earth exploration goes for the stars! Gold dust goes for the same price, by weight, as do the nuggets! And anomalies are anomalies, small, large, or big time!
edit on 9-12-2011 by rdunk because: correction

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorg I know ur prone to flippant answers on occasion(cough , almost always hehe) But I need to pin you down on that pic if I can.

What the hell do you think we are looking at there?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk

Isn't this horse just one more example of "proof" of the existence of intelligent design, on Mars??? How much proof does it take, to get it out into the open public, and to the whole world???

I wouldn't say proof but I will say that rock formation looks like a horse to me most likely an occurrence of erosion. but still a cool find to say the least. unless that rover can get up close enough to see tool marks im not sold.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

reply to post by rdunk

RDUNK.....you from TEXAS right? Lot of cattle and Horses in Texas.....no so on Mars but.....LOL!

Now the question I have for you.....I have.....worked.....with alot of guy's of very good.....well let's say....skills that a person guarding a wall at the ALAMO....would have needed to be one of the las to be killed...maybe Crocket?

These guy's are also very Patriotic as am I and I like people who can handle themselves...as these guy's have and done....as well as their ladies....BIG HAIR and all! LOL!

But everytime I happen to be somwhere with one of them....and in this case it was a month or so ago at a base in FL. at Cocoa beach......he has this tendency to forget his deodorant! And.....I SWEAR THIS....he say's this as well a several others that are from Texas I know and I want to know if it is an inside joke.....he say's DAAANG! I smell worst than a DEAD ALIEN BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE DESERT!

Do you or does anyone here understand this as I hear it all the time when I am with these guy's?
Split Infinity

.........................................................................................................
Hi again Splitinfinity! Yes I am a full blood "bred and born Texan". But, I can't help you with your question. that is a new one for me! I am surprised that your friend even thinks he smells bad!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
looks like someone found gods missing chess piece

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Lot of cattle and Horses in Texas.....no so on Mars but.....LOL!

Well....

A Herd of Martian Creatures?

\
OH and BTW Crocket wasn't at the Alamo... that is a lie... and just how do your buddies know what a dead alien dragged through the desert smells like?

.................................................................................................................
I know for sure what those are. It is all of the ROVERS that have been sent out to Mars, from Earth. They each have taken control of their computer, have herded together, and they have now become the intelligent life on Mars we have all been looking for!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Or........ quite possibly

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

LOL! YA! He and the other Fellow Texans...and there are like 6.....maybe 7....of these guys....constatly busting me....because of my long hair! LOL! Then I get the Troy Aikman vs. Tom Brady thing...LOL! But this Alien Stink thing must be an inside joke because they all say it!

They are good guys though and have invited me down a few times to their.....I call it a MILITIA STRONGHOLD! LOL! But it is a hunting camp with these really big Brush Buggy Truck like things! Then they shoot deer from them....private land.....and made me try Rattle Snake....tastes like chicken! LOL!

But I always bust them about the texas trailer park ABDUCTEES....9 out of 10 claimed in any Texas trailer Park. One Girl one of the guy's had on his....er....ARM! Ya...arm....started talking to be about how she and her Mama actualy went on a Jerry Springer like talk show and got paid to tell their story....so once they did that....everyone else in the trailer park wanted in on the cash so they all started calling up claiming that my buds...Lady?.....STOLE their story and THEY were the true abductees! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
What the hell do you think we are looking at there?

NASA says: "Sand Dunes"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join