It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you look on the diagonal path going north west from the statue, you can see what appears to be a chopped off arm on that pathway. Also, appears to be numerous square "edits" on that path as well as a rectangular "edit" above the statue.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you look to the right hand side you can see IMO a set of stairs leading to a platform just down from the statue

Here is the link to the pic i291.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yes, to the lower right of the statue, in what appears to be a cave or entranceway, there appears to be a set of stairs ABOVE an oddly shaped platform. What's so odd about it is the way the platform is shaped: perfectly smooth, tight angles, with a rounded end. Kind of odd to have this naturally form so perfectly, with stairs that have set steps in them.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Check out the area above the 'statue' it's like a long sandy gorge. this area has 4 blurred out areas, looks to me like these areas have been tampered with, the blurring is obvious and very symmetrical. sorry I'm not sure how to upload a picture, I would be grateful if one of the more experienced amongst you might oblige, thanks
StGermain

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow, Great Find! All of the flat surfaces are just as exciting as the structure itself. So I am now starting to believe that: a) Mars isn't as RED as we were lead to think, b) there's some serious possibility that someone has already been to mars or is currently there, c) Egyptians love building statues.

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Great postIammonkey, gave it a star.

I can't explain the blurring and possible airbrushing of some photos, but it seems to me that with NASA having to scramble for money, if they had some really good clear photos that show traces of ancient civilizations it would be in their interest to show them.
It would be good publicity and spark a thirst from the general public for more.

I don't know why the US Gov't is so worried about disclosing alien forms of life or past civilations on other planets or moons.

If they think we're going to panic they're wrong.

In fact, some aspects of the US Gov't are far scarier than a being who steps from a UFO parked on the White House lawn.

Great pic interpretations from many and an especially interesting post....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Interesting find, but pictures that come from N.A.S.A can't be relied upon since they would be the number one moderated organization out there.

[edit on 11/13/07 by Spaxz]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
look ive found more faces in this picture and circled them on a copy of the op picture but how do i post it in the thread?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Upload them to an image host such as imageshack or photobucket.com.

From there, copy the link, click "insert image" in your posting box, and you´re all set.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
For those seeing "editing", "tampering", etc. in this photo, you should read this post from Internos, many of those marks we can see on the image are the results of the "super-resolution" used to create an image 4 times (I think) as big as the original.

As anyone can see in this image, those things do not appear on the original photos.

As the image above is too big to put on the thread, here is a crop of the area with the "statue".

This is the original size of the photos taken by Opportunity. This image was converted from the IMG file to avoid JPEG artifacts, I only changed the light levels to make it more visible, but with some loss of detail on the whiter areas.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The OP noted image is worth looking at but everything noted since then in this thread is simply ROCK. I understand that some people want to see things everywhere but I am afraid you are reaching too far. These subsequent notables only detract from the original image and their investigation. Lets just look at the OPs evidence and take it from there.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tybrus
I understand that some people want to see things everywhere but I am afraid you are reaching too far.

Yep. Given the scale of the 'Statue' I don't think this is an artificial sculpture. Its tiny, its on a cliff face and very innaccessible.

Its just not the modus operandi of the Egyptians or Syrians or whatever. They built BIG, grand edifices. Not wee statues on a crumbly old cliff face.

I should take a photo of cliffs around Britain and see how many faces and statues I can see in those too...

Sigh.

Edited to add - There are numerous very ropey editing artefacts on this image; I'll give you that!

[edit on 17/5/08 by Smokersroom]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i see nothing except coincidental resemblance due to shadows and textures of the rock. If you look at the entire pic there are alot of cracks and fallen rock of course if you break rock you most likely will get an uneven surface. I thought when i would come to this site i would find a more credible or argumentative audience. i've noticed that there are alot of people here that see a weird formation on their toast in the morning, post it, and almost every post\response here are outrageous responses similar to "omg it is created by the telekinetic powers that aliens use..." It's butter dammit! I believe in aliens or some other life force out there and i do believe they are among us if not really close to us, Yes, i'm a hard core believer in not believing whats handed to me. otherwise i would actually believe everything the govt\religion tells us. Just my 2 cents...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The original image is a good find and very interesting to look at, but nothing more than coincidence I'm afraid. If it was 10 or 20 feet tall, then I'd say maybe you have something there. But at 6 inches it's just light and shadow tricking your brain into seeing something that isn't there. The human brain is programmed to recognize patterns, especially anthropomorphic patterns. I have seen a dozen faces in almost every rock picture ever posted from Mars or Earth. It doesn't mean there is any significance to them though.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
but nothing more than coincidence I'm afraid. If it was 10 or 20 feet tall, then I'd say maybe you have something there.

2 Eyes, a nose where it belongs, the egyptian-forehead ornament where it belongs, body shape of an egyptian statue plus a completely flat platform...

...all coincidence?

Maybe. Maybe not.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
Yep. Given the scale of the 'Statue' I don't think this is an artificial sculpture. Its tiny, its on a cliff face and very innaccessible.
It's not even a cliff face, it's part of a crater wall, so the possibility of someone making a statue there is even smaller (I think).

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
2 Eyes, a nose where it belongs, the egyptian-forehead ornament where it belongs, body shape of an egyptian statue plus a completely flat platform...
Body shape?

There isn't any body shape, look at the photo, under the "head" of the statue there is nothing special, just a flat area, where do you see the "body shape of an egyptian statue"?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I think this is what's pretty much going on here. I mean I see many faces and other odd anomolies in that photo, that don't look natural, but like the link i posted, it's human nature to see faces in objects, clouds, trees, ect.

Although it is a nice find, I think it's a coincidence. To even put this in the same category as the "Face", and the Cydonian Complex is jumping the gun a bit I think. I'd too write off the "Face" as pareidolia if it weren't for the geometry within the Complex at Cydonia when you take into account the other anomolies. Plus it's not found in an area of jagged rock formations, it's just one huge face in a fairly cleared out flat area. To me thats what makes the face special.

And.....- I'm still on the fence with it (the face) myself. At one time I was a firm believer in the Face on mars, but these days I'm not so sure.

Nice photo though, and there's a bunch of neat stuff to wonder about, not to be lost..., those areas that seem to be brushed.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
hmm does look like the statues in egypt but i really do think it's just seeing face's in clouds (or rocks in this case)!
as much as i really want there to have been intelligent life on mars i dont think there was, altho i do believe there was once LIFE there but not of the intelligent kind everyone wants!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
There isn't any body shape, look at the photo, under the "head" of the statue there is nothing special, just a flat area, where do you see the "body shape of an egyptian statue"?

It could be millions of different shapes, but it just so happens that its a surface similar to the statues the OP showed of ancient egypt.

Maybe its just me though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join