It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater - A Martian Horse "Statue"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A Martian Horse - Does anyone here like horses? Apparently someone in the Martian past liked horses too. There is what looks like a complete horse statue in the ejecta of Concepcion' Crater. One can see the legs, body, neck, head, and mane. The details of the head include eye, ear, nose, and mouth - a typical looking earthly horse's head. No way to tell if this horse is stone cut, or manufactured. The color of this horse is probably lighter, as shown by the color of the horse's head, neck, and the forward part of its body. The bulk of the horse's body and rear is rather dark, because of sun position and shadows. The legs of the horse are made interestingly a little "squarish".

The horse is shows to be in a "rearing up" position.*

Yes, this is a very odd anomaly. A horse on Mars, no less. One of the few anomalies I would consider even more odd, would be if it were an elephant! One never knows!!!

This is an interesting anomaly! I will post three screenshots, one of just the horse's head, and the other two of the full horse, one of which has tint added.. I will also post a link to the full Rover Opportunity Sol day 2171 photo. For easier location of the horse in the full Rover photo, I added one more full height screenshot, with a ring locator.

I will look forward to your comments!! I hope you are able to see this probably-stone horse! Since horses usually have names, maybe "Rocky" would be appropriate.

Isn't this horse just one more example of "proof" of the existence of intelligent design, on Mars??? How much proof does it take, to get it out into the open public, and to the whole world???

marsrover.nasa.gov...

edit on 8-12-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

+73 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I stared at it for a good minute and I see only normal rocks that don't even resemble a horse in any way.

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm not on Mars so I can't prove it but looks like one rock in front of another combined to make it "appear" as a horse"

IMO.

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I can see what you're pointing at. But I can also see that it's a pile of rocks.
When we finally find something legitimate on another planet, will anyone really believe it? Can you blame them if they don't after all the wolf crying?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I could look at these pictures all day,once your eyes become acustomed you see these kind of things constantly.I have viewed hundreds of these Mars pictures.

Reminds me of the horse shoe/anvil pic.

imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I see your horse but when I click on the link pici I don't see the horse
maybe it's a Cheshire Horse. I think it's a trick of light and shadow

I like horses and I 've been toying with the idea that some of our domestic animals like us are not from here

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here we go again I wont even say the P word.

It looks like a horse made out of rocks, something about this reminds me of the flintstones for some reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I see it, and it is very clearly a horse-like object, like a toy horse a child would ride on. It also looks a little cartoonish. It's interesting how some folks can clearly see these images while others cannot.

Basiago has a lot to say about stuff on Mars, and he's got the photos to prove it.

PROJECT MARS

His crusade to prove his Mars findings and bring them to public light has been called “heroic.”

Of his founding of MARS, Andy has written:

“I am leading the campaign to achieve political recognition of the fact that Mars is inhabited because we must now enact the international treaty that is required to protect the ecology and civilization of Mars from visitation, exploration, habitation, and colonization by human beings from Earth. We must remember that Mars does not belong to the people of Earth. Mars belongs to the Martians! If we fail to recognize this, then we will fail our first major test of cosmic citizenship. I believe that the people of the Earth are ready for cosmic citizenship and I believe that they are ready for the truth.”

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
A Martian Horse - Does anyone here like horses?

Nay

Yeah nice bit of pareidolia going on in those pics. Pretty cool but...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I can kinda see a horse, but have no idea as to how big the area we're looking at is, so IDK.

But for fun you might like this site, if you haven't seen it yet.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Here's "Mars Parrotopia" for real!

I had to crop this pic, it's so big, and it still doesn't fit. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I see your horse but when I click on the link pici I don't see the horse
maybe it's a Cheshire Horse. I think it's a trick of light and shadow

I like horses and I 've been toying with the idea that some of our domestic animals like us are not from here

...................................................................................................................
Hi MrsBlondie! To help you with the full photo, I have added one more screenshot to the OP. This is a full height screenshot, with a ring, and should make it easier for you to find the horse in the full photo.

This horse sure does have an erie likeness to our horses, right here on Earth!

Thanks for commenting!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

I like some good monolithic mars pictures just as much as the next man, and see where the horse comparison comes from, but c'mon, this is just a bunch of rocks.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

I think it looks more like the Egyptian Sphinx.

Go ahead, prove me wrong. Certainly you can see it, yes? The Sphinx is facing to our right, its body is to the left....below, you can see its crouching "body".

Next, I will study and come up with another interpretation.....perhaps there can be several, if you just keep asking around.

In the meanwhile, I think this may prove interesting too:

Online Rorschach Test

And, also these very fascinating images.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I can kinda see a horse, but have no idea as to how big the area we're looking at is, so IDK
...............................................................................................................................

Hi windword! Yes, knowing size is a problem, when using Rover pics. Absolutely no idea what size the horse is, nor the entire area! The Concepcion" Crater, according to NASA, has a diameter of about 30 ft., and one can see the full crater in some of the other Rover pics on Sol day 2171.

I am glad you can "kinda" see the horse! BTW - IDK can equal "I don't know", or it can equal "I do know"!

And yes, I think I have seen a place that has lines that look like parrots - is that pic it?
edit on 8-12-2011 by rdunk because: add comment

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Please it's things like this that make the average person think that people like us who are into ufo's and life elsewhere are completely insane,of course if aliens were going to make a horse sculpture on mars that's the perfect location in with a bunch of rocks.It's not a mars anomaly it's your active imagination

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ever see the movie UP?

If you could show this picture to ANYONE and they instantly said, "Oh yea, horse..." maybe, but this looks like rocks that resemble a horse when viewed at this particular angle.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think it's a very interesting photo and I think the thread highlights a very real problem of photo analysis. It's awfully easy to see what you're looking for, especially when you really want to find it and have spent a long time passing over pictures. Either way tho......

I can't see more than an interesting pile of rocks myself. I'm still fascinated by any pictures from the surface of another planet though and Mars is the most interesting planet in our Solar System to my thinking (a few moons not withstanding
) S/F for the view....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I see two different rocks that if you look together and from certain angle looks indeed like a horse, but is nothing, just rocks, pareidolia.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
I see it, and it is very clearly a horse-like object, like a toy horse a child would ride on. It also looks a little cartoonish. It's interesting how some folks can clearly see these images while others cannot.

Basiago has a lot to say about stuff on Mars, and he's got the photos to prove it.
.............................................................................................................................
antoinemarionette, thanks so much for you thoughts and comments.You described the horse very well.

I did try to go to the link you posted, but it doesn't work for me. Please check that, for I would like to see what he has found!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join