It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major UK Winter Storm 8th/9th December 2011 - NOW WITH FORECAST IMAGES

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

The 18th one looks really nasty, tho I am guilty for sleeping through the last big storm I really hope that one does not pan out as projected.. Thanks for the updates.. keep safe everyone

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

It's lovely round there. I'm jealous!

I once climbed up Pendle Hill in bad weather and virtually slid all the way back down again, not pleasant

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

It wasn't a mummified cat was it?

Personally, and at the risk of upsetting Starchild, i am totally loving this weather at the moment although it is still fairly mild in this part of gods' own country.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Candles, torches and batteries. There will definitely be power cuts. I had a power cut the other day, had no candles or torch, so just sat there in the dark wondering what to do with myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

It's lovely round there. I'm jealous!

I once climbed up Pendle Hill in bad weather and virtually slid all the way back down again, not pleasant

I once broke my plastic sled, as well as my arse, trying to go down Pendle Hill as a wee lad - hit a rock

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Personally, and at the risk of upsetting Starchild, i am totally loving this weather at the moment although it is still fairly mild in this part of gods' own country.

Funnily enough my step mother is related to one of the witches, the name of which(lol, was gonna go in for a joke there) I forget.

Very few people like myself can claim there step-mother as a witch with a straight face

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What would the wind chill be on the 18th should the hurricane hit? anyone?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Originally posted by Flavian

Funnily enough my step mother is related to one of the witches, the name of which(lol, was gonna go in for a joke there) I forget.

Very few people like myself can claim there step-mother as a witch with a straight face

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
And later this storm will hit us in Russia somewhat weakened. I'm looking forward to heavy winds and tens of inches of snow, I rather love stormy weather, and I sure hope the winds would be above 16 m/s. Perhaps I can even measure a new record low air pressure. But I won't keep my hopes up for that, nothing truly stormy happens around here this time.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I wish the geezer across the road would take his farty trail bike in off the road.
I don't fancy being hit in the head with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
In Newcastle it's just windy with light rain at the moment, but it's passing North of us, so should escape the full force of the Storm.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Pressure has dropped at South Uist, Western Isles to 962mb

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

So not a good location for a beach front property today then?

Aside from the dangers, storms are so cool. Just witnessing the raw power is incredible and always good for when you need a dose of the old 'take you down a peg or two'.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I know what you mean. I am near the sea and to watch this when there is a storm is magnificent. I am always photographing it. I think we all like to be frieghtened as long as we get a happy ending.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm in North Lincolnshire, it's not even that windy here really, just nice and dull/gray.

I do Love this cold wet and windy weather though! there's nothing like a mug of hot chocolate whilst watching a good storm out your window

Stay safe ladies and gents!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
12.26 GMT here in Preston and the Wind and Rain has really picked up in last half hour.
Not as bad as a few days ago, but deffo seems to be gaining in strength.
edit on 8/12/11 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Carnage here in Glasgow

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier81
Carnage here in Glasgow

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
74Mph winds here in West Cumbria at last observation, and climbing.........might get the kite out.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier81
Carnage here in Glasgow

I cheers , I just spilled my coffee from laughing at that .

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join