It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a piece of the rock

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

what unusual indentations. Have you ever taken it to be looked at by an expert? Lava in ice?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I don't have a clue. I have never sent them anywhere. Belonged to a friend. If that is dino-poopie it was a big bubble and popped. Extinction of dino big time!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Just a thought.... meteorite? Wouldn't that be weird? While we are waiting for charlyv we find another. Naw, just pile-o-poopie. Still love that line. Thank you Destiny1.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12

Just a thought.... meteorite? Wouldn't that be weird? While we are waiting for charlyv we find another. Naw, just pile-o-poopie. Still love that line. Thank you Destiny1.

Now that would be a real hoot.

Ya never know. 2012 could be your lucky year

Just call me Des...it's what everyone who knows me does.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Mornin' everyone. Mornin' des. Thanks for the input. Waiting drives me nutz!! Guess you could tell from last night. Still waitin' for charlyv. Mom always said the longer you have to wait the better it is. Course she also said, naw, it is only a couple days til Christmas lets open it and seal it back up after we look.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Nah, its not a coperlite, i don't think. i was getting a different picture in my head, from your discription. Interesting though! I'll do alittle more reasearch...

Could you take a picture, with a ruler or a sewing tape next to it? I really need some kind of size comparison. Also would like to know the texture of the rock, Is it rough and kind of sandy?
edit on 12-1-2012 by JJRichey because: eddfsdf

looks almost like...fossilized plant or tree roots?
edit on 12-1-2012 by JJRichey because: roots?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What if the ridges were created by sediment filling in cracks? than the whole thing hardened...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Can't imagine what would even make a pattern like that. Would it have been almost a negative of the rock? If everything outside wasn't frozen solid I would make a mud hole and put it in to make an imprint. I still wouldn't know any more than I do now. I thought it may be coral because that is the best my little brain would hold.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And about three and a half inches tall at the highest point.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Sorry, I should add that is a little rough and sandy feeling. Yeah, kinda like mud rock.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's a quiz for sure...it kinda reminds me of the inside of a pomegranate when you pull it open.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Could it have been a bubble of lava and when it cooled it collapsed into this?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No, because magma forms a different type of rock. It looks like sandstone to me...basicaly mud that has hardened into stone. The shapes may have been caused bysediment being washed into the cracks of an already existing stone, than bonding with the stone...thats my take anyways.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
After thinking about it more, sice the stone has ridges, and not indentations, seems like maybe the rocky was actually sand or mud that was squished between some heavier rocks. The mud would have filled the cracks of the 2 rocks, so that eventually, after it had turned to sandstone the other rocks were proably knocked loose or eroaded, leaving the sandstone. The sandstone would of have to been protected, or it would have eroaded fairly quickly

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sounds like a rock from space and you have a piece or it is from earth. A rock that has supernatural powers? Weird.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
greedy people in the end wind up with nothing.

You have 2 tons of this? GG. And you kept it all because you wanted to make a profit. Trying to make a profit off of mystical stones is a horrible sin, that is not in my opinion.

It's arsenic...

Karma's a b!7c#.

ugh, this thread took a very dark turn, that I wish I hadn't been the one to bring up...
I mean he gave this to people and afterwords he could never get a hold of them again...
I really hope the OP set this all up, and was just messing around.
Because I'm pretty certain he has arsenic.

Color is tin-white which quickly tarnishes to dark gray or black.
Luster is metallic but the tarnish will often dull the luster dramatically.
Transparency: Crystals are opaque.
Crystal System is trigonal; bar 3 2/m Crystal Habits include rare pseudocubic rhombohedral crystals and acicular radial aggregates. More commonly found in fine grained masses with concentric bands or botryoidal crusts.
Cleavage is perfect in one direction (basal), but rarely visible.
Fracture is uneven.
Hardness is 3 - 4
Specific Gravity is 5.4 - 5.9+ (somewhat heavy for a metallic mineral) Streak is black.

The Hardness and specific gravity are the ones that should hit you in the head.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's Arsenic. I felt the need to reiterate this.

Originally posted by Ghost375
greedy people in the end wind up with nothing.

You have 2 tons of this? GG. And you kept it all because you wanted to make a profit. Trying to make a profit off of mystical stones is a horrible sin, that is not in my opinion.

It's arsenic...

Karma's a b!7c#.

ugh, this thread took a very dark turn, that I wish I hadn't been the one to bring up...
I mean he gave this to people and afterwords he could never get a hold of them again...
I really hope the OP set this all up, and was just messing around.
Because I'm pretty certain he has arsenic.

Color is tin-white which quickly tarnishes to dark gray or black.
Luster is metallic but the tarnish will often dull the luster dramatically.
Transparency: Crystals are opaque.
Crystal System is trigonal; bar 3 2/m Crystal Habits include rare pseudocubic rhombohedral crystals and acicular radial aggregates. More commonly found in fine grained masses with concentric bands or botryoidal crusts.
Cleavage is perfect in one direction (basal), but rarely visible.
Fracture is uneven.
Hardness is 3 - 4
Specific Gravity is 5.4 - 5.9+ (somewhat heavy for a metallic mineral) Streak is black.

The Hardness and specific gravity are the ones that should hit you in the head.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What the hell are you talking about....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join