It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a piece of the rock

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

you said in your post that you dropped one
and broke it in half,
so have you or not?
im responding to your reply to webpirate
when he asked you does it look like this
and you reply you have never broke one
open but chipped it a bit

makes me think thats all
edit on 6/1/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I dropped one on another and a good sized "chip" fell off. It didn't break in half. Sorry if I misinformed you.
It is so dense and hard that even when my son banged it with a sledge it just broke a little piece. Hope that clarifies.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Also, about the meteorite expert I sent it to. That was in the early '90's and it was a guy in New Mexico. He was on one of the shows on tv and I thought by the way they talked he was an expert.I sent him a piece and he said not a meteorite because it wasn't magnetic. Well, maybe not such an expert.
There are tiny bits of this rock all over, I know because I have mailed them all over!! And never got an answer from anyone.Concentrated Coors beer cans,anyone?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

ok thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Noooooooooooo! I thought by the time I got to the *end* of the thread a answer would appear!
Great thread though! I've always been a bit of a rockhound, though I mostly hunt for fossils. Hope we hear the results soon

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Well, I had hoped to have an answer, too. Charlyv has been in touch and they are working on it.Hope not too much longer but I am getting what I wanted... an answer as to what it is.
I have lived in the country and I, too, am a rock hound of sorts. Found my first diamond (quartz) in the chicken house when I was 5 years old. I still have it on my nightstand. It is pretty and clear.
Also found a creek nearby where the band was full of fossil fish and brought plenty of them home. also lots of eggs , maybe turtle? Never had them classed and keep them in a box.
Keep checking back and chat with me. I want to keep this thread going.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

B€y the way.. do bankers really taste like chicken? Yummmy! Banker enchiladas with red sauce.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12

Keep checking back and chat with me. I want to keep this thread going.

I just want an answer....
Patients has never been one of my virtues! :bnghd: I know accurate results take time...but ahhhh!!!

Here! Maybe a round for everyone will speed things up!

When we do get the answer then it's all hail
the mighty science!!!

Sorry..couldn't help myself with the smilies and puns there!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

All Hail the Mighty Webpirate
Glad to see you are still around. Charlyv says to have patience so I am trying.
All will be answered in time. Just let it HURRY UP!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
As a guy who works in an industry where multi million dollar decisions are made on the outcome of test results such as these, we still often have to wait up to 2 months sometimes for results to come back.

Just have patience guys, I'm sure, especially with the holiday season behind us now all things will be answered in due time

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I know. I know. You can't rush science! Well...you can't rush it and expect accurate results.
That's the worst thing about waiting though....patience and instant gratification don't really go hand in hand!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Ewwww, lil wolf you said a bad word!!! Months is a really bad word to say.
I know and I will be quiet and set in the corner until I find out. I will not harass scientists doing their job.
I have waited almost 20 years for this and a few more days will not be the end of the world for me. It's just my
way of not getting nervous.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Hmmm fossilized eggs you say? I can get one looked at for you...i live right outside of Bozeman, Montana, where Montana State University is. I've been known to email Dr. Jack Horner (the famous paleontologist) from time to time, I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking a quick look at one. Dr. Horner is the professor emirtus (sp?) of paleontology for Museum of the Rockies there in Bozeman.

I've collected lots of limestone sheets w/ fossils in them, from the bed of a great interland lake that used to cover this entire region. Lots of plants, shells, etc.
edit on 8-1-2012 by JJRichey because: elaborate

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I have waited almost 20 years for this and a few more days will not be the end of the world for me. It's just my
way of not getting nervous.

I know...but as of this post..there's just 348 days, 1 hour , 27 minutes and 22 seconds left until the world ends!....I need to know before then!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

As to the eggs, I don't know for sure what they are. I just called them eggs because they were round and were in a sort of mud "nest". I whacked one and the core was yellowish so I called them eggs. Noticed I miss spelled bank. The bank was about 15' tall and full of fossils. I will check the attic and see if I still have the eggs and such.
Maybe this would be a good thread topic. As soon as I find out what that rock is!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You just have all kinds of cool goodies! I've been following since day one on this thread....I'm afraid all my hair will turn grey before I find out...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for being here. I have always enjoyed the stuff other people step over. I have an attic full of things. A good friend of mine passed away and left me her estate. If I can still remember how I plan to put some of the things she had on here and maybe someone can tell me about them. Things from Tibet and the Orient.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I found a fossilized brain coral once, as big as my head. That was when I lived in New Mexico though. That thing was awesome...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Good morning, Everyone.Maybe that brain coral is what I have! It looks like a balloon that was deflated. Has lots of ridges and such. It is 8 to 10 inches across and is a petrified something. Flat on the bottom. Think that would be a coral? Also a little spanish guy gave me his "petrified spider" It is a sliced rock with a star like shape in the center. He was certain it was a spider. I don't think so, not so much.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
NEW GUY COMING THROUGH!

Hiya copperhead and all who follow her thread! I stumbled on this by chance because my thread was moved to this forum but once i read the first page i couldn't stop reading. Your story is truly interesting because my thread was in the UFO and alien section i have done a lot of searching through such ET topics and cant help thinking back to Phil Schneider and Robert Lazar and their story's about elements we do not have on earth and your weird rock that makes people disappear... but even after 7 pages no results >.< patience is not my virtue ha ha xD will be following your thread closely.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join