It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Ivan, Not again! UPDATE: He's Back, T.S. Style!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I might actually be flying the coop... My wife is likely going to fly to New York tomorrow, and I'll go with her (or else she'll go nuts worrying about me...
), as her job will have some people going up there to do work while they are shut down here. Only one problem....we'd be flying to New York....on 9/11....

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What a freaky coincidence. IMHO, I think its a good omen this time.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yeah, on the bright side, it is an all-expense paid trip to New York...even if it is just Rochester... I'm sure we'll be going into one of the NYC's airports though...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have family in Venice, Orlando and the Keys.

We have a boat in Jacksonville which was damaged in Frances. We were told Jacksonville had sustained winds of 80 mph with gusts of 125................
Apparently, the marina had a large boat at the end of the dock which tore 1/3 of the dock away. Our boat went through the dock and landed on top of a shrimp boat and sunk it. Several other boats at the dock also sunk or lost masts. We were lucky as our damage was minimal.

We'll know more today if the family in the Keys will evacuate to Georgia where we are located. Good luck to you and yours.

mako

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well it looks that Ivan is going to be on my neck of the woods in Georgia, I am kind of worry, right now our rivers are at peak right now from Frances, I am worry, Frances winds even when they were not strong I good some damage on one of my windows.

Its so muggy and humind here in Albany is not funny.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm in the yellow dot...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hay, thats where we are thinking about moving to, just north of orlando.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Orlando is actually northeast of Tampa Bay
If it stays on this path (close to the one I said yesterday morning....
), then Orlando will get the backside (the nasty side) of it....

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think ANY side of Ivan is bad
. The key now, as has been mentioned before, is how long if at all Ivan spends fueling up in the Gulf of Mexico before landfall.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Man, first there was Charlie...

Barely missed us...

Then Frances...

Right on top of us, but weakened, so no big deal...

Now Ivan....

Once again, poised to smack us down....

People are already SUPER paranoid about this storm. So far, all we've had is a few blown around limbs....
From my wife's hysterics...you'd think we were headed for Armageddon or something. My mother too... Hope "women's intuition" isn't at play here....
I'm trying to stay calm, and losing my argument to stay home. It'll cost me money in lost wages, and in changing my flight back to be right after the storm passes...and for what? A few more branches blown down??? We live in a safe area (non-evac zone), the house is very solid, we're 100 yards from a frickin' shelter for godsakes, we've got food and water for like a couple weeks....jeez!!! Relax already! I'd be fine......

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Who are you hoping reads this?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Who are you hoping reads this?

Just needed to vent...
Though if Mrs. Gazrok reads it...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Lot of people reading it. I'm over 1000 miles away but concerned for members there.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ivan's tail passed over us last night, and big parts of the island is flooded...

Some pics:

gallery.magic965.com...
www.omardesouza.com...
photobucket.com...
www.kaboobie.com...

[edit on 10-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that few Jamaicans are taking refuge in shelters.

Link: www.cnn.com...

The article does say that it is unknown how many have gone to stay with relatives; but anyone who's been to Jamaica has seen the shacks that literally come out of the side of a mountain. The storm has weakened a little but some of the higher winds are recorded above ground level. This means the families in those hillside huts are really at risk.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wait!! This just in!! Ivan has just taken a new path!! Let's look on:

[edit on 9/10/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Some more humor, courtesy of the brainiacs on fark.com:

Fark Article:
FARK.com: (1117067) Hurricane Ivan heads to Jamaica. Plans to pick up cloud of pot smoke so Florida will relax a little

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hehe...cute...
Not much change after the 2pm advisory...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here is a compilation of all forecast tracks. When I used to daytrade we'd say "the trend is your friend". Well, you can clearly see here, the trend is not always your friend.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Ivan's tail passed over us last night, and big parts of the island is flooded...

Wow...this is from just the outter edges?!

I got to admit tho...even when there's bad weather in Aruba, things still look beautiful in their own way...

[edit on 9/10/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join