It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Ivan, Not again! UPDATE: He's Back, T.S. Style!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Is there an evacuation for your area Marg?

If so, would you evacuate?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ivan is a tropical storm again!!! This is incredible!!!

Tropical storm warnings for some parts of the southern gulf coast of the U.S.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We have to keep an eye on both, Ivan and Jeanne... If you live anywhere in the south of the US, get prepared, get everything ready to board your house etc, and have everything you need, supplies, medicines, batteries flashlights, etc prepared to leave, don't wait for the last minute.

Even if the predictions by meteorologists don't show anything is going to happen in your area, but you live in the south, get prepared, hurricanes are very unpredictable, and many times they take unexpected turns at the last minute.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
He's back? Ivan the Terrible is back again. Must of forgot to visit Texas this busy hurricane year. In an odd hurricane year, I heard that Matthew was eating Lisa. All of Lisa's thunderstorms just disappeared into Matthew so to speak. We'll have to wait to see if Lisa lives or not. I'm not expecting Ivan to do much more damage except for some tornadoes. Ivan must want the record. It's like all the storms are coming alive this year but I got a great tracking system. Everywhere one of my in-laws goes for an interview, a storm strikes within about a week. His past interviews, Sarasota, then somewhere in East Florida, then in Mobile Alabama, now he just got back from near Charleston. I wonder where Jeanne is going.

Of course don't believe a word I say, it's all coincidence.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Believe it or not, but there was an AccuWeather guy on Fox last weekend saying that it was a rare occurence, but that Ivan could travel south from New York, I think it was, cross Florida as a depression and enter the Gulf and intensify to hurricane strength again. I think he made a very good prediction.

As AccuWeather.com alluded to over a week ago, the remains of Ivan has become better organized and has been upgraded to a tropical storm. Ivan will threaten the Texas coast late Thursday night or Friday morning. Ivan could stall near Friday night before making landfall.

[edit on 04/9/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Ivan is a tropical storm again!!! This is incredible!!!

Tropical storm warnings for some parts of the southern gulf coast of the U.S.

Oh god guys...

Not this again! He just doesn't want to leave!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Haven't been watching much weather reports lately and found this as surprising. I can't ever remember a hurricane coming onto land, then going back out to sea and circling back around to it's initial entrance!
What amazing weather patterns we're witnessing these days!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What's even crazier is the fact that Ivan could possibly curl around to the SW and BACK into the gulf of Mexico!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Haven't been watching much weather reports lately and found this as surprising. I can't ever remember a hurricane coming onto land, then going back out to sea and circling back around to it's initial entrance!
What amazing weather patterns we're witnessing these days!

I was trying to get a look at Ivan and then I saw this:
Unisys: Enhanced Infrared Satellite Image

Check out North and South Dakota

They have also issued tornado warnings
Tornado warning
"TAKE COVER NOW. THIS TORNADO IS WRAPPED IN RAIN. IF YOU WAIT TO SEE OR HEAR IT COMING...IT MAY BE TOO LATE TO GET TO A SAFE PLACE."

EDIT: Inserted picture below
which is NOT Ivan of course, but it is right now (at the time of posting) :

[edit on 2004/9/23 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh God guys...

Ivan truely is terrible

Best of luck to everyone in his path... again.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No comments.
Judge for yerselves...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ugh...

It really doesn't look good.

Looks terrible!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join