It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That was inspirational. It saddens me when peoples liberties are being spat on because of a certain choice in their lives, same sex parents shouldn't even enter it. There is good parenting and there is bad parenting, why the gender of the parents is even an issue is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Just my opinion... I wouldn't mind being raised by two moms but wouldn't want to be raised by two dads.

OK, why am I thinking that someone likes breast feeding a WHOLE LOT?

Hallmark already has a card for two moms and two dads, so it is written, so it shall be done. I now pronounce Gay Marriage as OK with God and the Universe.

The ONLY confusing thing for me; on Mother's day or Father's day, do you skip one, or do you really acknowledge that ONE parent is more BUTCH?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchCroat

Originally posted by daggyz

It's the same old argument of an island full of homosexuals of one gender. They'd die out. Nature doesn't make things that cannot exist. And only in a modern world can a homosexual have a baby without being a hypocrite to ones sexuality and having sex with the other gender for propogation purposes.

An island full of heterosexuals of one gender.....they'd die out too. The only difference is that the homosexuals would spend their lives being able to experience sexual enjoyment and the heterosexuals would die out a bitter, sexually frustrated species.

Anyways...here in the Netherlands we are a bit further, but at this point there is much controversy going on. Here same sex marriages are allowed, but the wedding officer (is that really the right word? used google translate) has the choice to marry a same sex couple or not.
The government however wants to change the rules, and take that choice away. If the wedding officer refuses to marry same sex couples, then that will be seen as refusal of work, and by law that is a reason to fire someone straight away (in Holland it's very HAAAAAARD to fire someone, employees have enormous amounts of rights). So all those wedding officers that have problems with that (and the big majority is christian) because of their religion and want to bring this to court. They will lose of course, cause the Netherlands is secular. There is no place for religious motives when one works for the government. It's kind of the news of the week here.

And then I look at this video and ask myself why it should even be necessary to fight for a right that every human being on this planet should have, whatever sexual orientation they have: to marry the person you love and have a family in which you can give a child the stability and love that it deserves.

Just make sure you NEVER become tolerant of Christianity in the Netherlands. We made that mistake and they've done nothing but re-interpret the "tolerance of religion" as an excuse to make it "establishes a religion and allow other religions that aren't Christian as long as they don't piss us off too much."

If we had only kidnapped that one Indian dude who taught the Pilgrims how to survive the winter, we wouldn't be having this stupid argument today.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So my parents should have been allowed to addopt me into a fammily where the mother divorced the father then remarried the step father used me as a punch bag the step mother tried to destroy my mind, then to top it off a person in authority over me was a peado phile I am 100% straight I wish I had a gay couple to raise me with love care and protect me from the # I have had to cope with in this life. There is no right and wrong where it comes to the sex and sexuality of a couple when it comes to raising children thank what ever entity or entities you believe in that the peoples of the world are becoming more enlightened than they where.
P.S. My mother was forced to give me up for addoption because in the UK in 1974 single mothers where the scum of the earth still. At least in todays world maternal love has no substitute no matter the sexuality of the mother. Lets learn to evolve and see what is best for the child in question not what society wants to see. Life is not written on a piece of paper it has to be lived and experienced so why cant homosexuals experience life as fully as so called straight parents because a society of liars AKA the catholic church decided it was a sin. Hell anything that society of child abusers wants to call a sin in My eyes must be pure and godly. If you are catholic and takee offence I have to say tough with numerous priests convicted or on trial for peado philia catholic orphanages in current trials for child abuse including whipping children and pulling hair out by its roots if thats right over a child getting love and care from 2 parents then you need to be locked away under the various nations mental health acts to protect children from you

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
All I can say is so what? People who look to support positions that are gaining main line support always fine one inspirational story or an exceptional person and this is supposed to make their position valid. If we found a family of serial killers that raised a Nobel award winner would this be proof that serial killers are more than adequate parents? No its about the child being a successful person... all of our presidents have been raised in non-homosexual households....would the gay lobby want people to point that out. Its all ridiculous

I dont care either way pro or anti that is ur personal thing ...but I do have an issue with faulty logic. If people dont want to support your views based on their religious views than so be it, give them the freedom of belief that you demand. Giving people a spattering of examples proves nothing

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexandra9
Granted though, I think every couple (not just gay couples) should be evaluated for their capacity to raise children seeing how many people are so unfit for the task

Hasn't China tried that with their one-child policy? Really...who would you give the power to dictate whether or not you are entitled to bear children? Or would you simply sterilize 'undesirables'? Didn't Hitler try that? Seems it happened in the US and we are now seeing the fall-out in the press. I'm sure it happened in Canada...likely with the First Nations...didn't work, did it?

Gay couples have every bit as much propensity to raise a thriving family...or to screw it up entirely...as hetero ones. Kudos to the kid for voicing his opinion in the face of so much anxiety about what other people do with their naughty bits.

Originally posted by Viking9019
A VERY RARE outcome of a person brought up by a gay couple.

Are you prepared to cite your sources? You must have some.
edit on 1-12-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by blangger
You would never see a straight person have a like this.

Well at least the average gay person can form a sentence, just like the rest of the civilized world.

Is it bigoted to point out that bigots typically have problems forming complete, coherent sentences?

What were you trying to say?

Originally posted by blangger
Lets just wait and see how proud you gays are when the shtf...

shtf? Psst...That flyer you got about the Neo-Nazi revolution comming was BS.

And BTW - gays have been serving in the military since at least the time of the Roman Empire and it is estimated that there are around 66,000 gays serving in the US armed forces.

If S does "hit the fan" I suggest you keep your bigoted world view to yourself and hide behind one of them.

In Greek times let alone roman homosexuality was premoted as gay couples would fight so much harder to make their lover proud of them than straight soldiers who worried about getting back to their lovers unnoficially homosexuality was premoted between fighter pilots and their reo to form a tighter and more cohesive unit by doing so

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by onfire49
All I can say is so what? People who look to support positions that are gaining main line support always fine one inspirational story or an exceptional person and this is supposed to make their position valid. If we found a family of serial killers that raised a Nobel award winner would this be proof that serial killers are more than adequate parents? No its about the child being a successful person... all of our presidents have been raised in non-homosexual households....would the gay lobby want people to point that out. Its all ridiculous

I dont care either way pro or anti that is ur personal thing ...but I do have an issue with faulty logic. If people dont want to support your views based on their religious views than so be it, give them the freedom of belief that you demand. Giving people a spattering of examples proves nothing

Something tells me you didn't actually watch the video. The lads response was to counter the argument that same gender parents had a negative affect on the childs upbringing and from what he has accomplished so far at only being 19, is a load of rubbish.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Yep thats what I saw...but who cares. He is one kid. Im glad his life was good and he is doing well. But my point is one person doesnt prove anything. I just take issue with when people do this. There are always exceptions to the rule so showing one person doesnt prove anything. I am not even talking about gay marriage or same sex parents. Its just stupid logic

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Zack Walls may ether have been paid to say these words or his family is a rare case because most gay marriages only lead to kids being brought up with a lack of a moral compass. Usualy growing up to think sexual immorality is ok and becoming gay them selvs. He made a good speech but that doesn't change the fact that God has said homosexuality is wrong and there is nothing that changes that fact. If we say being gay is okay then we are sinning against Our Eternal Mighty and Holy God.

If everyone was gay then the human race would cease to exist after 100 years...Gay marriage is still wrong. God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
edit on 1-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

So what? There is nothing in reality called gay/lesbian. Most people are potentially bisexual to various degrees according to Dr. Alfred Charles Kinsey's studies back in the mid 1900's. Very few people are born pron to be totally straight or totally gay/lesbian. Today there is pretty much conclusive evidence that there is no so called "gay gene."

Totally gay/lesbian or totally straight behavior has to be conditioned into most people as most are pron naturally to be bi, and that's that it should all be left to just that. Gay/lesbian behavior has become so politicized that it has become a lie, but so has totally straight behavior. Monogamy... the same thing. Most have to be conditioned and peer pressured into living such lifestyles.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
smart young man and he says it all very well..

he proves a point that have long known to be true.
hope that people will learn from his words and from the good job his parents did raising him.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yep thats what I saw...but who cares. He is one kid. Im glad his life was good and he is doing well. But my point is one person doesnt prove anything. I just take issue with when people do this. There are always exceptions to the rule so showing one person doesnt prove anything. I am not even talking about gay marriage or same sex parents. Its just stupid logic

Of course it is, but those blockheads making these laws don't seem to get the idea. Obviously being homosexual makes you inherently more liable to be a bad parent than a straight couple.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

hope that people will learn from his words and from the good job his parents did raising him.

He does not prove a point at all. Making a good speech doesn't automatically make him right on this social issue. He is a rare case out of many homosexually raised kids that have grown up to be really messed up. He's lucky that his parents didn't try to impose there sexual immorality on him. Which is what happens in most cases of raising a child with gay parents...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Well this is the thing everyone forgets....law is slow to change. Like I said I am not weighing in on the issue but we have done without gay marriage forever and the same with single sex parents. This is all a very recent movement. As most of the leaders are older people you cant just tell them this is how things should be done and expect them to hop to. This is of course leaving aside their religious beliefs

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Expat888

He does not prove a point at all. Making a good speech doesn't automatically make him right.

He is a rare case out of many homosexually raised kids that have grown up to be really messed up. He's lucky that his parents didn't try to impose there sexual immorality on him.

Again with this fallacy, obviously the 'messed up' cases will be highly publicized. Sensationalist stories like that sell more papers and give those sites more revenue. You don't see failed parenting anymore because that isn't uncommon at all, just add 'gay' to the title and the bigots will use that as an excuse to spew their hate speech.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Of course it is, but those blockheads making these laws don't seem to get the idea. Obviously being homosexual makes you inherently more liable to be a bad parent than a straight couple.

Because there is a documented history of Male Female addopters raising children who are criminal violent drug users and anti social in various forms from addopting only allow same sex couples to addopt.

So you think Im insane well for you to condem people from addopting raising children just because they happen to be the same gender is totally insane. I realise the person whose quote I took agrees with Me on this but I needed a start point. Children need love protection and stability it doesnt matter to them if they have two mummies or 2 daddies they just need love and nurturing. Skip the BS that was put around curtousy of closed minds and find the best people for the child wether they be M/F F/F M/M M/T,S or what ever life is not black and white why try to make a complex issue black and white do whats right for the child screw what ever people may think due to closed minds

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
BAN all religions that premote incest from addopting children sorry christians but your not allowed to addopt anymore. The Father The Son and the Holy Ghost are one in other words Jesus had sex with his own mother in order to be born. Also Cain and able begat sons yet the only woman on earth was their mother hell christianity premotes incest dont allow them to addopt. I am insane in this view???? Then that is how crazy you are being by saying same sex couples cant raise children.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by Garfee

I think you are off topic, but if this is allowed, then I must ask what you know of what i have to offer this world other than a satirical comment on a political topic of little or no concern in my life. I really don't care what color you are, who or what your sleeping with, or why you have to air your issues world wide, but be prepared to be made fun of because your whining that "daddy didn't love me"! P.S. Are you a sheep farmer there in the outback?

No, I don't farm. I live in Melbourne, though I do consider farming to be a noble lifestyle and of course, necessary.

You're welcome to make fun of me all you like, I see no point in that though because you only end up coming accross as a dick.

If this issue is of no concern to you why do you feel so strongly that you have to write negatively about it on a forum?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Something tells me you didn't actually watch the video. The lads response was to counter the argument that same gender parents had a negative affect on the childs upbringing and from what he has accomplished so far at only being 19, is a load of rubbish.

I believe it was ment in either direction. The parents do not matter especially in one instance. Great minds/artists and people in general may be the offspring of poverty, success, murderers or any number of instances. An individuals path is ultimately up to them, and a majority of their bringing up is from environment and how they respond to it and not parents as most of us are away from our parents for the mojority of the day for most of our lives,
edit on 1-12-2011 by g0dhims3lf because: added quote

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join